October non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

October non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Just asking. Why don’t you think Barker to UGA makes sense right now?
I was referring to the tweet by Georgia's coach which I felt implied an announcement happening today. Also, doesn't seem like Bowles was really interested in any other program so it makes sense it would be her.

As for Barker, she is a program-changing talent. By the time she is a jr/sr I expect her to be playing in a FF wherever she lands (with the possible exception of Ole Miss). While I think it would be better for WBB for her to choose Georgia I have learned to never underestimate the recruiting abilities of Dawn Staley.

Reaction Score
I was referring to the tweet by Georgia's coach which I felt implied an announcement happening today. Also, doesn't seem like Bowles was really interested in any other program so it makes sense it would be her.

As for Barker, she is a program-changing talent. By the time she is a jr/sr I expect her to be playing in a FF wherever she lands (with the possible exception of Ole Miss). While I think it would be better for WBB for her to choose Georgia I have learned to never underestimate the recruiting abilities of Dawn Staley.
Bowles has taken official visits to each of her top three schools — Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, and Georgia.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

If anyone is counting, of the last two recruiting classes, Ohio state has managed to get a commitment from 1 of 11 Ohio girls ranked in the top 100 by ESPN.

I know rankings aren’t everything but one of the reasons cited for Jim Fosters firing was his lack of post season success and inability to close the borders in recruiting battles…Oldacre was quite literally a need position for Ohio State and didn’t get an official visit or make her final four.

This is a can of worms conversation (the mitchell’s and all that) really, just find it interesting.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Oldacre to Miami

Interesting. Tenn had hoped to land one or more of Jenkins, Oldacre and Cooper to go with Pissott who committed a year ago. Not sure where things stand with Cooper.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Tenn had hoped to land one or more of Jenkins, Oldacre and Cooper to go with Pissott who committed a year ago. Not sure where things stand with Cooper.

Some were confident in getting both with Pissott.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

This isn’t a commitment post, correct? This is just Barker sharing more photos from the UGA visit? Commitment is today at 1?

Reaction Score
This isn’t a commitment post, correct? This is just Barker sharing more photos from the UGA visit? Commitment is today at 1?
I am not sure. Her timing Clock to announce went to zero. Why would she post A Georga picture 4 days after the others? She did say 1:00 today was the time. You are correct that there is no I comment text, almost like the graphic designer posted to early, if I were a SC fan I would not give up

Reaction Score
#26 F. Johnson, #36 S. Bowles and T.Todd from Canada who should be in the top 100
Todd may not be on their radar for 2022. She's listed as graduating in 2023 with her transfer to IMG.

However, Tineya Hylton, one of her running mates this AAU season committed to Georgia for 2022. I think her playing style will work well with Barker.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I am not sure. Her timing Clock to announce went to zero. Why would she post A Georga picture 4 days after the others? She did say 1:00 today was the time. You are correct that there is no I comment text, almost like the graphic designer posted to early, if I were a SC fan I would not give up
I think it’s just her sharing from her weekend. She posted that three days ago and part 1 of her trip four days ago. The countdown was confusing though. Ole Miss is the only school she did an official visit to that only had one grid photo to celebrate the visit. UGA and USC both got two separate posts.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think it’s just her sharing from her weekend. She posted that three days ago and part 1 of her trip four days ago. The countdown was confusing though. Ole Miss is the only school she did an official visit to that only had one grid photo to celebrate the visit. UGA and USC both got two separate posts.
Well, if football means anything?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's probably why she never made it to Duke for an OV. ;)

giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom