October non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

October non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Bransford announcing her commitment today at 1 pm EST. From Mount Notre Dame high school.......Im going Fighting Irish but still possible it could be UNC.
I believe the announcement is actually today at 3 pm EDT.

Reaction Score
It’s Notre Dame for KK

436ED2B5-156C-40DB-BC94-2A5154941507.png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
McGraw's Bench will be very happy. Hopefully this will give Coach Ivey a slight reprieve. Congrats @Dillon77 !

Very happy Bench to hang out at today. It's been a long time since Niele and Michaela Mabrey have snared a commitment and -- as @Heytherego tweets point out -- those were KK's U-16 USA teammates, Sonia Citron and Olivia Miles. Bransford will add a physical presence to the Irish backcourt, while her former HS rival in Ohio, Maddy Westbeld, does the same up front. Woo hoo! Great way to start the weekend! :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very happy Bench to hang out at today. It's been a long time since Niele and Michaela Mabrey have snared a commitment and -- as @Heytherego tweets point out -- those were KK's U-16 USA teammates, Sonia Citron and Olivia Miles. Bransford will add a physical presence to the Irish backcourt, while her former HS rival, Maddy Westbeld, does the same up front. Woo hoo! Great way to start the weekend! :D

Honestly, I forgot Bransford was part of that U16 squad (please no yelling at me :D ). Having that connection is another bonus that's for sure!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Very happy Bench to hang out at today. It's been a long time since Niele and Michaela Mabrey have snared a commitment and -- as @Heytherego tweets point out -- those were KK's U-16 USA teammates, Sonia Citron and Olivia Miles. Bransford will add a physical presence to the Irish backcourt, while her former HS rival, Maddy Westbeld, does the same up front. Woo hoo! Great way to start the weekend! :D

Better ND than that other school.

Reaction Score
Can someone on here please explain to me how Auburn has 7 2022 commits and counting (according to Raoul on the WBB blog) when they only have 2 seniors on a current roster of 14?!

Reaction Score
Can someone on here please explain to me how Auburn has 7 2022 commits and counting (according to Raoul on the WBB blog) when they only have 2 seniors on a current roster of 14?!
You are allowed to recruit over the limit as long as you are at 15 scholarship by the start of the 2022 season. Just because they are committed doesn't mean they will sign with Auburn. There have been several examples of teams over-recruiting. The two most famous was the 2013 North Carolina class and the 2016 Baylor class. The famous Diamond Deshields class had the 4 very highly rated recruits who agreed to go to school together. They had already had the Day twins committed and a couple of other players. The Day twins decommitted and went to Syracuse.

Reaction Score

Auburn also has two redshirt juniors so its their 4th year of college. If they get their degree maybe they will move on? The reality is Auburn has a new coach and she is probably not going to invite back some of the players on the team that she did not recruit. Unfortunate but that happens a lot in college basketball these days.

Reaction Score
You are allowed to recruit over the limit as long as you are at 15 scholarship by the start of the 2022 season.
So........are you saying that most of the players on this years roster are not on full 4-year scholarships? Is that usual? I see that Auburn got yet another commitment today from Precious Johnson. I understand some over-recruiting but that many over? So universities can simply rescind scholarships from one year to the next for student-athletes who have been on the team for a year or two? Aside from the questionable ethics, is that allowed by NCAA rules?

Reaction Score
So........are you saying that most of the players on this years roster are not on full 4-year scholarships? Is that usual? I see that Auburn got yet another commitment today from Precious Johnson. I understand some over-recruiting but that many over? So universities can simply rescind scholarships from one year to the next for student-athletes who have been on the team for a year or two? Aside from the questionable ethics, is that allowed by NCAA rules?

No matter the rule the coach at Auburn can just sit a kid down after the season and say look we have a lot of new players coming in and you just will have a really hard time playing. Most will just leave so the rescinding of a scholarship won't have to happen. Now a days benchwarmers end up transferring a lot so some of the kids on this years team she may just avoid playing much at all to give them a hint to transfer.

Reaction Score
so some of the kids on this years team she may just avoid playing much at all
I can see that with a "handful" of players but at this rate she would have to sit 8 or more and it wouldn't leave her with many experienced players heading in to her 2nd year as coach and not have much chance to turn around a program until her 4th year at the earliest. Not a recipe for success unless you're getting lots of top recruits which she really isn't.

Reaction Score
No matter the rule the coach at Auburn can just sit a kid down after the season and say look we have a lot of new players coming in and you just will have a really hard time playing. Most will just leave so the rescinding of a scholarship won't have to happen. Now a days benchwarmers end up transferring a lot so some of the kids on this years team she may just avoid playing much at all to give them a hint to transfer.
It seems that Mulkey did that with some of the LSU players when she came aboard. It’s not that rare of an occurrence when a program gets a new coach.

Reaction Score
It could go either way. I will be checking it out on Saturday.
Per her Twitter handle, it seems that she's only completed official visits with Arizona, Maryland and Alabama.

Not sure if she was able to visit Michigan as that would usually be an easy drive over the border.

Reaction Score
Per her Twitter handle, it seems that she's only completed official visits with Arizona, Maryland and Alabama.

Not sure if she was able to visit Michigan as that would usually be an easy drive over the border.
Are you listening to the announcement?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom