October non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

October non-UConn recruiting thread

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think UA's recruiting was definitely on an uptick before the Runner Up finish. Ware was considered a big get, and she was a Fr. last year. I think Gilbert committed before the post season IIRC.

Reaction Score
Are you listening to the announcement?
No. I figured I'd wait until it was posted.

Arizona is an interesting choice and a good challenge for her. She'll be facing a level of play she hasn't been exposed to consistently.

Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Wondering if the timing of Smith's upcoming commitment announcement is related to Hylton's commitment to UofA

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Do they even know each other?
I have no idea. But, Smith did visit UofA officially. Some teams/coaches do plan the timing of public verbal commitments for whatever (momentum/buzz?) reasons . . .

Reaction Score
I have no idea. But, Smith did visit UofA officially. Some teams/coaches do plan the timing of public verbal commitments for whatever (momentum/buzz?) reasons . . .

Who are her finalists?

Reaction Score
Who are her finalists?
She went to Arizona, Texas Tech, and LSU. She also checked out Baylor but never really posted much about it.

If you were to do social media stalking she did follow LSU's twitter, Amani Bartlett and some LSU 247 person (Shea) over the last week but I have no clue what is going on. Never heard a peep since her visit 2 months ago. All I know is we desperately need talent

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I was thinking Sa'Myah would commit to LSU or Baylor. A few LSU support staff liked her tweet.

If she was planning on announcing her commitment within the next 24 hours (like tonight), would she really do that while LSU was hosting another 2022 recruit (Flau'jae)? Never seen that happen.

Reaction Score
I was thinking Sa'Myah would commit to LSU or Baylor. A few LSU support staff liked her tweet.

If she was planning on announcing her commitment within the next 24 hours (like tonight), would she really do that while LSU was hosting another 2022 recruit (Flau'jae)? Never seen that happen.
Flaujae leaves tomorrow morning so maybe after she leaves? Kids commit at weird times, I stopped trying to dissect this stuff a long time ago lol

Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade went on another unofficial to TN. Her 2nd or 3rd visit there. Will be interesting to see this dog fight for her.

Have to think UConn, TN, Louisville are favorites with Stanford as a wild card.

Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade went on another unofficial to TN. Her 2nd or 3rd visit there. Will be interesting to see this dog fight for her.

Have to think UConn, TN, Louisville are favorites with Stanford as a wild card.
TN had a recent home visit too. Trying to play catchup on her recruitment. Guessing UConn and Louisville have had multiple unofficials too? If so, Shade has been busy.

Reaction Score
This must hurt Baylor… Do they have any recruits for 2022?
Bella Fontelroy
Darianna Littlepage-Bush

I think, not sure who else. Smith was considered a Baylor lock for years but I get coaching changes are tough when you have relationships built over a long period of time.

Reaction Score
This must hurt Baylor… Do they have any recruits for 2022?
Nope......and Mulkey left the incoming coach with some great players but not any roster outside of that. Only 9 players on the roster currently with 5 probably gone after this season(graduation). Hello Portal!!!!

Reaction Score
Nope......and Mulkey left the incoming coach with some great players but not any roster outside of that. Only 9 players on the roster currently with 5 probably gone after this season(graduation). Hello Portal!!!!
Well if a couple of them use their 5th year, it won't be too bad but it depends on what they do over the next year. Smith is 100% gone IMO with a good year.

But they also lost Gusters, Carr, Dauda after she left (3 players). SaMyah IMO is 100% Baylor bound if Kim didn't leave. It was just an unfortunate cascade of events following the coaching change.

LSU will have to use the portal big time this offseason themselves.

Reaction Score
LSU will have to use the portal big time this offseason themselves.
Yep. Barring any late signings they won't have hardly any true guards left. However Kim has been transfer-friendly in that regard of late.

Reaction Score
Yep. Barring any late signings they won't have hardly any true guards left. However Kim has been transfer-friendly in that regard of late.
It may be for the best, the guards Nikki recruited were not good….

I think that was a giant reason they pressed so hard on Flaujae. although it appears to me Kim had a narrow recruiting group for this class and will hit the portal instead of handing out scholarships for the sake of just having a body. Quality is more important at this point

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not familiar with this player but she's 2023 and committed to Maryland. Visited Maryland, NC State, Michigan, and Clemson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom