October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure who questioned Moore's jump shot heading into UConn, but she shot 42% from 3pt range as a freshman and led the team in 3 pt makes.

In HS, like Griffin, Moore did the bulk of her scoring inside and mid-range. Her 3 pt. shot was a question because she never shot many in HS. If you look, Stewart shot about ten 3's total in her first 3 years of HS and only about 30 as a senior.

Not trying to equate these players. Just pointing out that there's a difference between not doing something and not being able to do something. The TV announcers stated in an early game that Geno gave Griffin the green light to shoot 3's so she must have shown that ability in practice. I learned in an old video that every shot a player takes in practice is recorded as to where the shot came from and whether it was made. Geno said that unless you show that you can make a shot in practice you aren't to try it in a game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jefferson was a tremendous player, but she is a totally different player than Fudd! Jefferson scored in basically 2 different ways, either a wide open jump shot or a fast break lay up on a run out or a steal. Her shooting % numbers where inflated because of this. Fudd is more of a volume shooter, and it will be significantly harder for her to put up the same efficiency numbers. This is NOT intended to be a knock against Fudd, I am just trying to point out just how hard it is to put up a 55%/45%/90% line.
It's very hard. I'll take your 10:1 odds, if Azzi plays at Uconn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks. I just liked what I saw of her in that short story and video in another thread.

I'd keep my eye on Joyce Edwards though. She looks to have incredible upside and is just a 2024.

Reaction Score
I'd keep my eye on Joyce Edwards though. She looks to have incredible upside and is just a 2024.
SC kid only 35 miles outside Columbia. Probably another home state lock like Wilson?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
SC kid only 35 miles outside Columbia. Probably another home state lock like Wilson?
Whirrr! That is 2 thread penalty on BobbyJ for raining on our good will parade on our fantasy for such a young player. Let us dream and think good thoughts with invoking SC and many of their brethren into this thread! :cool:

Reaction Score
Jefferson was a tremendous player, but she is a totally different player than Fudd! Jefferson scored in basically 2 different ways, either a wide open jump shot or a fast break lay up on a run out or a steal. Her shooting % numbers where inflated because of this. Fudd is more of a volume shooter, and it will be significantly harder for her to put up the same efficiency numbers. This is NOT intended to be a knock against Fudd, I am just trying to point out just how hard it is to put up a 55%/45%/90% line.

You're right - but MoJeff was still a perimeter player. So at least I wanted to remind him that UCONN has perimeter players shoot very high%'s.

So if we are to disregard then his terminology of perimeter player and focus on possible style of play- there's no reason for Azzi to have to force a lot of shots (what I mean is force a style of play of shooting a lot if her shot is off vs the ordinary teams or wrse that thye play) while playing with the super guards and super talent she will have on her team if she were to attend UCONN.
In addition, Azzi isn't just a jump shooter. She could put the ball on the floor. and as a a guard high assists is something she'll look to achieve and not just be content with scorer or nothing.

And for the ordinary teams to try to box-and-one or triangle-and-two Azzi Fudd with Paige and AMak (and Muhl) as facilitators - to go along with the overall talent of other players - that would be crazy. More than likely Azzi is going to be playing with some elite passers - and imo she is a terrific passer too.

yes though I agree what you- it would be hard to do - and as stated you're right MoJeff is different - than what Azzi would be if she came to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Echoing some others, 55% overall shooting for a mostly perimeter oriented player is a very, very high expectation.

Sorry I think I was too smarmy in that prior post to you -

Reaction Score
You're right - but MoJeff was still a perimeter player. So at least I wanted to remind him that UCONN has perimeter players shoot very high%'s.

So if we are to disregard then his terminology of perimeter player and focus on possible style of play- there's no reason for Azzi to have to force a lot of shots (what I mean is force a style of play of shooting a lot if her shot is off vs the ordinary teams or wrse that thye play) while playing with the super guards and super talent she will have on her team if she were to attend UCONN.
In addition, Azzi isn't just a jump shooter. She could put the ball on the floor. and as a a guard high assists is something she'll look to achieve and not just be content with scorer or nothing.

And for the ordinary teams to try to box-and-one or triangle-and-two Azzi Fudd with Paige and AMak (and Muhl) as facilitators - to go along with the overall talent of other players - that would be crazy. More than likely Azzi is going to be playing with some elite passers - and imo she is a terrific passer too.

yes though I agree what you- it would be hard to do - and as stated you're right MoJeff is different - than what Azzi would be if she came to UCONN.
Have to add, MoJeff was a complete player. Good offensive player, great floor general and unmatched as a defender. Against the top teams, her defense was sometimes more important than her ability to score. Lets not forget the all around basketball talent that contributed to championships.

Reaction Score
Have to add, MoJeff was a complete player. Good offensive player, great floor general and unmatched as a defender. Against the top teams, her defense was sometimes more important than her ability to score. Lets not forget the all around basketball talent that contributed to championships.

I'm sure quite a few opposing PGs had nightmares the night before they had face Jefferson.

Reaction Score

Yes! I haven't.

I'm a big fan of MoJeff. I disagreed big time with Megan and Kara for not voting for MoJeff in their top 10. You talk about complete - she was it.

Reaction Score
UA dropped UCLA, and the university is suing for $200,000,000.

...but it looks like they will still be decked our in UA this year...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme at last weekend's Brandon Clay camp:

EknuCpzXYAAEA37

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Perhaps she will learn not to make Wilson's mistake of having to watch UConn's 2 championships and 4 final fours during her 4 years at school. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Perhaps she will learn not to make Wilson's mistake of having to watch UConn's 3 championships during her 4 years at school. :rolleyes:
:eek:Please try to be more accurate especially when attempting to throw shade at the reining WNBA MVP. UCONN won 2 championships during Wilson's tenure at South Carolina.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
:eek:Please try to be more accurate especially when attempting to throw shade at the reining WNBA MVP. UCONN won 2 championships during Wilson's tenure at South Carolina.
Thanks for the help, I scanned my spreadsheet too quickly. mea culpa! mea culpa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom