October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is Bollin still a UConn POI? According to Wbb blog she hasn’t received an offer yet, and it looks like there could be 3 or 4 forwards ranked ahead who do have offers from UConn, with 1 of them already committed.

I don't know if Bollin has a UConn offer, but I've yet to hear UConn is no longer interested in her.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
TCU? Wake Forest?? Memphis??? Dayton???? Not sure any of these four should be in any discussion with the others on the list. Nice to see BC showing some promise.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Luckily it’s her list and not yours right?
My point is a top recruit can discern what their skill is with in a program and within that schools conference.
Looking at the 2019 Massey and schedules states the obvious on the point I was making:
TCU was 26 with a pitiful OOC of 98 at least this school could be a top 3 in the Big12
Dayton was 77 with their schedule 107,
Memphis was 157, and 102
WF was #73 with a descent 54 schedule
And yes it is her list but if I have Ivy leagues looking at my academic record, why would I also consider a community college? :confused:

Reaction Score
1603679842798.jpeg
Her
precut list

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation's Brandon Clay on players who impressed at his training session:

Ashlon Jackson
Texas, Class of 2022
POSITIONG
HEIGHT6' 0"
COMMITTED TO

Undecided
TBA

Jackson’s game blossomed this spring / summer allowing her to enter the elite level guard grouping regardless of who else is mentioned. Much like our training session in Austin this past June, Jackson was dialed in from the opening drill looking to expand both her shooting range and footwork as well. In the process, Jackson showed legitimate range out beyond the 23-foot line.

Reaction Score
My point is a top recruit can discern what their skill is with in a program and within that schools conference.
Looking at the 2019 Massey and schedules states the obvious on the point I was making:
TCU was 26 with a pitiful OOC of 98 at least this school could be a top 3 in the Big12
Dayton was 77 with their schedule 107,
Memphis was 157, and 102
WF was #73 with a descent 54 schedule
And yes it is her list but if I have Ivy leagues looking at my academic record, why would I also consider a community college? :confused:

Good points.

I suspect that she's taking a page out of her new team mates' (Day-Wilson & Lattimore) book with respect to this. Posting final schools isn't something commonly seen in Canada from what I've seen over the years.

We'll see how this plays out as the year / season progresses. It's still up in the air as to whether teams like Royal Crown will be able to compete this year due to COVID and protocols here. Her school also has a challenge regarding where they play too. If I heard correctly, Royal Crown is not part of the OSBA league where they would have competed against other prep schools.

Reaction Score
Pretty exciting to hear all the kudos for our latest CD! She sounds like the real deal!
Looking forward to seeing her contribute to next year’s championship! (Knock on wood!)

Reaction Score
A little look at Ms Deberry.

I like that the ball stays high with her. It is a highlight tape so who knows how consistent she is with that but looks good. If this is a reflective tape, I think she could get a lot of time playing the PF/4 high post and doesn't need to play only the C/5 down low.

Reaction Score
Pretty exciting to hear all the kudos for our latest CD! She sounds like the real deal!
Looking forward to seeing her contribute to next year’s championship! (Knock on wood!)

Certainly fits the mold. Getting great plaudits for her summer play.

Reaction Score
I hope DeBerry is able to see time along side Liv next season, originally I thought Saylor would be our starting 4 down the line, but DeBerry can probably play the 4. UConn is going to be so deep in the future, it could be bad for game :rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I believe that Piath will be ready to produce before DeBerry does in prime time.

Reaction Score
I believe that Piath will be ready to produce before DeBerry does in prime time.
That would be awesome. I've personally just decided not to expect or count on Piath since I know she is really raw. I think of just anything positive from her as icing on the cake.

Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting recruiting article apples to all Colleges not UConn
This part definitely applies to UCONN WBB and a recent #1 ranked recruit.

"A player receives an offer as a freshman or sophomore, he (she) plays it out, doesn’t progress as expected, plateaus or falls as a prospect, the phone calls from the staff quit coming and the offer is essentially gone."

With the exception of the reference to a "COVID offer" these type of things have been going on forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom