October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It all depends on the way the player promotes her offers. My daughter received 12 college acceptances, all with academic scholarships. She rarely told anyone since from her experience, it was difficult to tell others this info without appearing to be arrogant and bragging. If its "look at what I accomplished through hard work," great. If its "look at me," not so much.

But if she wanted to brag about all of her acceptances and scholarship offers, she had every right. It was the result of all of her hard work she could shout it from the mountaintops or surprise everyone when she shows up on campus.

What’s right for one isn’t always right for another.

And these young ladies, IMO, have worked hard enough to get to make that choice without getting flack.

Reaction Score
What some of us grey hairs don't understand is that teenagers now have a large social media group. Bueckers has half a million but even if you have a thousand you let them all know something with one post. In my day you sat at the phone with a long list of who you had to call when your wife gave birth. Now it's a group text.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think we were hoping to, but I totally understand her going somewhere where she won't have to battle Edwards, Gabriel, DeBerry, and Brady for playing time.
...and potentially Betts as well. The truth is when you look at the list, UConn over the last 2 years never offered. Clearly Geno's focus is elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what kind of year she has without Paige on the floor with her, not to mention a new coach.

Reaction Score
It’s just that no matter who the original topic is about, someone has to add Paige to the mix.

In this case it's justified. A good % of Nnagi's points were off of Bueckers' pinpoint passes. Hopkins is still loaded with future D1 players but Bueckers made it easier for them the last 2 years.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
FWIW, target Ashlynn Jackson seems to love Sue Bird as evidenced by these goat symbols:

Speaking of Sue Bird, congratulations to her and the the Seattle Storm on sweeping the LV Aces, and winning the WNBA championship. Stewie was the finals MVP. :) I would love for Jackson to come to UConn and follow in Sue’s footsteps.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, let's recap the WNBA season from a UConn perspective:

Rookie of the Year: Crystal Dangerfield (#16 pick)

1st Team All-WNBA: Breanna Stewart

2nd Team All-WNBA: Diana Taurasi, Napheesa Collier

WNBA Champions: Breanna Stewart, Sue Bird, Morgan Tuck

WNBA Finals MOP/MVP: Breanna Stewart

I think the Huskies got some good recruiting public relations this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom