October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

October 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've had a little discussion on this young lady before. Her name is Juste Jocyte, and she is a Lithuanian who is still 14 years old (until November). She began playing on the Lithuanian Senior National Team at age 13! Check her out! She looks UConn ready right now. I hope CD has been in touch with her.

She's very similar to Bueckers at 14. Any doubts that Bueckers is UConn ready at 19 in 2 weeks?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Just read over on the bench, she who shall not be named is down to her last to teams. Teams being UConn or UCLA. Source is SI. I have not seen or read the article so take it with a grain of salt.

Saw that, too. If someone doesn’t beat me to it, the SI should be in the library tomorrow and I will post if I see it.

Reaction Score
Just read over on the bench, she who shall not be named is down to her last to teams. Teams being UConn or UCLA. Source is SI. I have not seen or read the article so take it with a grain of salt.
I Googled SI-Fudd and see nothing current. And I can imagine her parents would be excited to travel cross country to watch her play for a borderline top 25 program. If she was going to do that she could just go to Palo Alto for a Stanford education.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
13?? Why can't we at least get the top 50 first? Or top 100?

Can you, or anyone else, explain to me why there is an issue with these kids posting their top XX lists? All they’ve known in life is school and basketball, and, IMO, they have every right to celebrate these milestones if they want to.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I Googled SI-Fudd and see nothing current. And I can imagine her parents would be excited to travel cross country to watch her play for a borderline top 25 program. If she was going to do that she could just go to Palo Alto for a Stanford education.
:D Stanford=Nike
UCLA=Under Amour

Reaction Score
Can you, or anyone else, explain to me why there is an issue with these kids posting their top XX lists? All they’ve known in life is school and basketball, and, IMO, they have every right to celebrate these milestones if they want to.
I have no problem with it. Would just like a little more thorough update though. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:DIt's a UCONN superiority/inferiority complex. :eek: Any kid or parent that would lump UCONN in with 13 other obviously inferior basketball programs regardless of what point they are in the recruiting process "probably" should not be taken seriously. This is analogous to making Princeton and Harvard your reach school when you already have taken the ACT or SAT-twice . Those test scores should have made it clear that you have exceed your reach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
:D Stanford=Nike
UCLA=Under Amour
UA dropped UCLA, and the university is suing for $200,000,000.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UA dropped UCLA, and the university is suing for $200,000,000.

Ok. I agree Azzi is valuable but $200 Million?;);)

Reaction Score
Apparently prime numbers are in vogue.
Baker's dozen comes to mind, as she is cookin' up some tasty 3-point shooting clinics during UCONN games. UCLA is an appetizer [a.k.a. distractor], UCONN is the main course!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Looks to me, a little more like Connie Hawkins. Is that a definitive ID ?
1601840389663.png

The Good Doctor!

Reaction Score
It all depends on the way the player promotes her offers. My daughter received 12 college acceptances, all with academic scholarships. She rarely told anyone since from her experience, it was difficult to tell others this info without appearing to be arrogant and bragging. If its "look at what I accomplished through hard work," great. If its "look at me," not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom