Obi Melifonwu/Noel Thomas - 2017 NFL Combine Invite | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Obi Melifonwu/Noel Thomas - 2017 NFL Combine Invite

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hope ESPN feels a bit guilty for ignoring and undermining the Huskies over the years. We've had great stories right under their nose for them to tell but it seems clear that "you're never a hero in your own hometown". Congrats Obi. And Noel.

It's offensive that the national media ignored a team that went 11-26 over three years while managing to go a month without scoring a touchdown.

How dare they not focus during the season that a terrible team has a guy who is good at jumping.

Reaction Score
It's offensive that the national media ignored a team that went 11-26 over three years while managing to go a month without scoring a touchdown.

How dare they not focus during the season that a terrible team has a guy who is good at jumping.

Over the years means possibly a third first round pick in about 8 years and a boat load of others playing in the NFL, even more than some Big 12 teams.

How many AAC or other G5 teams can lay that claim? It's a good story right in their back yard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Over the years means possibly a third first round pick in about 8 years and a boat load of others playing in the NFL, even more than some Big 12 teams.

How many AAC or other G5 teams can lay that claim? It's a good story right in their back yard.

3 first round picks in 8 years from a bad team is just not all that interesting to anyone who isn't a UConn fan.

Our own fan base abandoned the program but ESPN is supposed to report all these interesting stories?

Hey people in Hartford aren't interested enough in this team to go to Rentschler Field but somehow there are interesting stories for the rest of the country?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
3 first round picks in 8 years from a bad team is just not all that interesting to anyone who isn't a UConn fan.

Our own fan base abandoned the program but ESPN is supposed to report all these interesting stories?

Hey people in Hartford aren't interested enough in this team to go to Rentschler Field but somehow there are interesting stories for the rest of the country?

It's a good story when you're winning... when you're losing its just an abberation.

What it means to me is that there's probably more talent on the roster than the record indicates and it gives me hope that a competent coaching staff can win sooner than later.

Reaction Score

A G5 team that's not good enough for the Big 12, has more players in the NFL than several of the teams that said they're not good enough to join them. Is that a story?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A G5 team that's not good enough for the Big 12, has more players in the NFL than several of the teams that said they're not good enough to join them. Is that a story?

The Big 12 non-expansion was a story.

The criteria for all expansion is money.

That UConn currently has more NFL players than Kansas or Iowa State doesn't have anything to do with conference realignment.

It's the very definition of a non-story.

Reaction Score

That UConn currently has more NFL players than Kansas or Iowa State doesn't have anything to do with conference realignment.

You don't even see the irony do you? The only reason I responded was I was bored. Didn't hurt that you proved again, there's not an ounce of flexibility in you. Carry on. I'm not bored anymore.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You don't even see the irony do you? The only reason I responded was I was bored. Didn't hurt that you proved again, there's not an ounce of flexibility in you. Carry on. I'm not bored anymore.

No I don't see the irony because there isn't anything ironic about any of these posts.

I guess you were still bored enough to let us know you aren't bored anymore? Is that what was ironic?

Reaction Score
No I don't see the irony because there isn't anything ironic about any of these posts.

I guess you were still bored enough to let us know you aren't bored anymore? Is that what was ironic?

Ok, you forced me to respond because you can't even follow along.

The irony is that SEVERAL Big 12 schools have less NFL talent than we do (not just 2), yet we aren't good enough to join the Big 12.

Not a major front page article, but an ironic story non the less.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok, you forced me to respond because you can't even follow along.

The irony is that SEVERAL Big 12 schools have less NFL talent than we do (not just 2), yet we aren't good enough to join the Big 12.

Not a major front page article, but an ironic story non the less.

I'm following just fine.

There is no irony here.

There isn't any conference which has NFL players produced as criteria for admission.

This is fairly simple - when you figure out how UConn can increase the per school rake in the long term for a P5 league they will get an invite.

Not a single other thing matters.

The only interesting story is about BC, UConn and the ACC - it's old and has been told a million times.

Reaction Score
I'm following just fine.

There is no irony here.

There isn't any conference which has NFL players produced as criteria for admission.

This is fairly simple - when you figure out how UConn can increase the per school rake in the long term for a P5 league they will get an invite.

Not a single other thing matters.

The only interesting story is about BC, UConn and the ACC - it's old and has been told a million times.

I mean it comes down to a simple question. Would you rather win the national championship in CFB or have every player on your team get drafted but go .500

I think it's pretty obvious that as a college football fan you'd rather win the title.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Geez, it's not like the guy was the OL coach's GA, he was the Safeties Coach/DC. He should be proud.

I'm down on all the coaches of the Diaco regime. Maybe Poindexter is least worthy of any criticism, but whatever - as a group is was a fail. And Melinfonwu was a PP recruit. Lets see what kids recruited by Poindexter and Co get drafted in the next three years. And no, I won't be cheering against our kids - just saying.

Reaction Score
anyone know if/when the players results on the wonderlic (sp?) test come out?

Reaction Score

We get barely 20K to the games. That's the story.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
How the heck did we not get his brother here once the idiot was fired?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
PFF scouting report: Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut | PFF

Player comparison: Kam Chancellor, Seattle Seahawks

This comparison is low-hanging fruit, but the reality is there just isn’t another existing player in the NFL who can play up to Melifonwu’s ceiling based on his size and athleticism. Chancellor’s role is one that many teams try to emulate and Melifonwu is one of the few capable of living up to that type of hype

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom