O.T. Wells Report out: "More probable than not Patriots altered footballs", Brady likely aware | Page 4 | The Boneyard

O.T. Wells Report out: "More probable than not Patriots altered footballs", Brady likely aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Brady should sue his Sunday School teacher for not getting the message across: "Don't cheat!"
You realize that the majority of the info from the report supports the notion that he didn't cheat, right? Or haven't you read it?

Reaction Score
You realize that the majority of the info from the report supports the notion that he didn't cheat, right? Or haven't you read it?
Do you really believe that an NFL quarterback can throw an under-inflated football without realizing it's under-inflated? Do you really believe that equipment managers with families to feed would tamper with the football their star quarterback must throw without that quarterback's consent? Brady is a super-talented player and a cheat.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And yet, New Corn, the league admits it is only most probable that Brady, generally, knew. Hardly the type of evidence I'd want to go to court with.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Do you really believe that an NFL quarterback can throw an under-inflated football without realizing it's under-inflated? Do you really believe that equipment managers with families to feed would tamper with the football their star quarterback must throw without that quarterback's consent? Brady is a super-talented player and a cheat.
So, you don't think baseball pitchers would doctor baseballs IF they had access to them? You don't think basketball players would doctor basketballs IF they had access to them? You don't think hockey goalies would doctor pucks IF they had access to them? Then you are just a little naive. What's the common thread here? It's pretty clear: Don't let anyone have access to the balls after they have been tested. AND I'm 100% certain that will be the NEW NFL protocol.

BTW, why does each team gets its own set of footballs? And kickers their own separate footballs? What's up with that?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If Brady gets suspended for enough games to materially affect their chances of making the playoffs (>4 games?) based on "probably", then he should sue the NFL with the full power of Gisele's resources.

What about his resourses?
Surely not chump change.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Like bounty game all teams awarded bonuses for great hits/plays etc. All QB's like to have their Football a certain way. Rodgers likes his over inflated, is that any difference then under inflated. The handling of the footballs is left up to teams and QB's.

I would like the NFL to demonstrate how 13 footballs in a bag can be deflated within 100 seconds. Each ball has to be individually removed, handled to line up the needle to deflate the ball, deflate the ball, then place ball on the ground until each balls is deflated. Then each individual ball must then be placed back into the bag. All within 100 seconds. Less then 8 seconds per ball.

Reaction Score
I would like the NFL to demonstrate how 13 footballs in a bag can be deflated within 100 seconds. Each ball has to be individually removed, handled to line up the needle to deflate the ball, deflate the ball, then place ball on the ground until each balls is deflated. Then each individual ball must then be placed back into the bag. All within 100 seconds. Less then 8 seconds per ball.

They already demonstrated it. I suggest you read the report. They had three different people, each of whom was given minimal practice, try to do it. Each of the three successfully deflated all 13 balls within 71 seconds.

Reaction Score
Several people have defended Brady's non-cooperaton because they incorrectly stated that the Commission wanted to access all of his emails or take over his phone or some other overly broad practice. All of those are incorrect. The Committee only wanted to review texts/emails between Brady and the two locker room persons or texts/emails pertaining directly to football deflation. They offered to have a third party or even Brady's own attorney screen all of it. All of those attempts were rejected. There must have been some really damning stuff, which wouldn't be surprising given the material in the texts between McNally and Jastremski. One of the comments from the report:

Brady declined to make available any documents or electronic information (including text messages and emails) that we requested, even though those requests were limited to the subject matter of our investigation (such as messages concerning the preparation of game balls, air pressure of balls, inflation of balls or deflation of balls) and we offered to allow Brady‟s counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive materials and would not involve our taking possession of Brady‟s telephone or other electronic devices.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm glad somebody else feels this way. Either that, or, if Goodell tries to hammer Brady harder than Rice or Petersen, just hold a press conference and say "Screw it. Screw Goodell. Screw the NFL. I've got more than enough money, more than enough records, my life is great, my wife is wonderful, and my kids are adorable. I quit. NOW, since I'm no longer a player, I'm coming after you with both guns drawn: lawsuit, expose', hypocrisy, other teams' dirty tricks, other players' ball tricks, etc. I'm gonna do my damnedest to tear this thing down around Goodell's head."

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mulkey sent text messages to Griner and her father AFTER BG had verbally committed to Baylor and the overwhelming majority of posters declared her to be a cheater. The same posters are defending Brady when it seems abundantly clear that he was cheating by tampering with equipment and then refusing to cooperate with the investigation. Anyone who looks at this situation with objectivity will recognize that Brady cheated, which is too bad because he didn't need to, at least in the Indy game. Other games, who knows?

Can you imagine if this were Warlick and Tennessee had beaten UCONN and it appeared that she "probably" knew that the basketballs had been tampered with and that her team had gotten to practice with under inflated balls prior to the game? Would anyone be defending her.

Reaction Score
Mulkey sent text messages to Griner and her father AFTER BG had verbally committed to Baylor and the overwhelming majority of posters declared her to be a cheater. The same posters are defending Brady when it seems abundantly clear that he was cheating by tampering with equipment and then refusing to cooperate with the investigation. Anyone who looks at this situation with objectivity will recognize that Brady cheated, which is too bad because he didn't need to, at least in the Indy game. Other games, who knows?

Can you imagine if this were Warlick and Tennessee had beaten UCONN and it appeared that she "probably" knew that the basketballs had been tampered with and that her team had gotten to practice with under inflated balls prior to the game? Would anyone be defending her.

Sure, that's all Mulkey did. :rolleyes:

CL82

Reaction Score
Didn't answer my question. I'll restate it for you.

Read the report and realize that that the footballs reduced in pressure is slightly less than what one predict the loss of PSI should be given the weather conditions. There's no evidence of cheating. All your hypotheticals above pre-suppose tampering that the investigators own experts said did not occur.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sure, that's all Mulkey did. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, she sat next to and talked to BG's parents at AAU games in which her daughter was playing on the same team. Everything included in the complaint occurred after BG's commitment. She didn't participate in any congratulary calls to her while she was in the 7th grade.

Someone else's action always seems worse than that of our team.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Didn't answer my question. I'll restate it for you.

Read the report and realize that that the footballs reduced in pressure is slightly less than what one predict the loss of PSI should be given the weather conditions. There's no evidence of cheating. All your hypotheticals above pre-suppose tampering that the investigators own experts said did not occur.

I'm curious how that 12rh ball defied the laws of physics and didn't become under inflated. That's what should be investigated.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If you have been reading anything about this 'case' you would know that depending on the weather in each game, every quarterback throws footballs that vary from down to down by anywhere up to probably 1.5 pounds or pressure - this game was played in 48 degrees and rain - try the ice bowl and the footballs were probably 2+ pounds pressure different between the start of the game and the end of the game.
The weight of the ball doesn't change by very much at all, unless it is wet and even then by maybe a few ounces, the circumference does't change in any noticeable way. And the none of us would probably be able to tell the difference between a ball with 12 psi and one with 10 psi.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm curious how that 12rh ball defied the laws of physics and didn't become under inflated. That's what should be investigated.
I were to guess I'd say either it was kept out of the elements or the predicted loss occurred and gauge variation obviated the results.

(Props to Upstater who was the first person to pick up on the fact that balls behaved fairly close to how you'd expect them to given the weather.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting comments from an article on ESPN:
... why I think commissioner Roger Goodell has erred badly from the start with the league's handling of the Patriots and underinflated footballs, making this into a much bigger deal than it is. Over the last three days, I've digested the 243-page Wells report reading it multiple times, and with its bias and lack of fairness in certain areas, I truly can't believe what the commissioner has done to the legacy and reputation of one of the greatest quarterbacks and ambassadors in the history of the game -- all over air pressure in a football and without definitive proof he had anything to do with it.

And:
Why do I think this has been made to be a bigger deal than it is? I go back to the Vikings-Panthers game from November, with teams illegally heating footballs on the sideline and simply getting a warning from the NFL, and wonder how we got to this point with the Patriots and underinflated footballs. I go back to the Chargers using an illegal sticky substance on towels in 2012 and getting fined $25,000, and likewise wonder how we got to this point with the Patriots and underinflated footballs. Put the three situations together and only one requires a full-fledged investigation that will cost owners millions of dollars? In the interest of fairness, what am I missing? Add in comments from Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgersabout his preference for overinflated footballs, and this New York Times story on Eli Manning and his football preparation, and it just seems we've gone off the rails here.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Cheating did not pay off for NFL Atlanta, Cleveland, or New Orleans in the cheating incidents cited in an earlier post:

You imply that "most" elected officials are cheaters. It just seems that way.;)
Kibitzers- it's great to be corresponding w you again!!! Belichek had the first 25-30 plays of his opponent in his first Supebowl- and won the game. He ran a program stealing signals for 6-7 yr's. He won consistently during that time.he wouldn't steal signals for 6-7 yrs if it wasn't paying dividends. They consistently cheat and it tarnishes their winning tradition. For me anyway.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Kibitzers- it's great to be corresponding w you again!!! Belichek had the first 25-30 plays of his opponent in his first Supebowl- and won the game. He ran a program stealing signals for 6-7 yr's. He won consistently during that time.he wouldn't steal signals for 6-7 yrs if it wasn't paying dividends. They consistently cheat and it tarnishes their winning tradition. For me anyway.
25-30 plays? Not sure where you are getting this stuff?! And 'stealing signs' maybe, but he seems to be winning just as much in the last 6-7 years. Hard to figure.

I've decided that the reason the Colts footballs lost less pressure (presumably because we don't actually know where they started) is because the colts were illegally heating them on the sidelines, and their offense wasn't holding on to the ball long enough to allow them to get wet.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The equipment guy went my the nickname "the deflater. How does one earn that title? Maybe he also takes care of Brady's car tires.

Interesting comments from an article on ESPN:
... why I think commissioner Roger Goodell has erred badly from the start with the league's handling of the Patriots and underinflated footballs, making this into a much bigger deal than it is. Over the last three days, I've digested the 243-page Wells report reading it multiple times, and with its bias and lack of fairness in certain areas, I truly can't believe what the commissioner has done to the legacy and reputation of one of the greatest quarterbacks and ambassadors in the history of the game -- all over air pressure in a football and without definitive proof he had anything to do with it.

And:
Why do I think this has been made to be a bigger deal than it is? I go back to the Vikings-Panthers game from November, with teams illegally heating footballs on the sideline and simply getting a warning from the NFL, and wonder how we got to this point with the Patriots and underinflated footballs. I go back to the Chargers using an illegal sticky substance on towels in 2012 and getting fined $25,000, and likewise wonder how we got to this point with the Patriots and underinflated footballs. Put the three situations together and only one requires a full-fledged investigation that will cost owners millions of dollars? In the interest of fairness, what am I missing? Add in comments from Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgersabout his preference for overinflated footballs, and this New York Times story on Eli Manning and his football preparation, and it just seems we've gone off the rails here.

Brady and the Patriots made it a bigger deal by not cooperating fully. I presume that Brady could still turn over his phone records and prove his innocence. I would do that if I were a player trying to preserve my legacy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I were to guess I'd say either it was kept out of the elements or the predicted loss occurred and gauge variation obviated the results.

(Props to Upstater who was the first person to pick up on the fact that balls behaved fairly close to how you'd expect them to given the weather.)

Or the equipment guy missed one.

Reaction Score
Thank God we have you here with your inside information. Your insightful post really saved humanity for the ages. The Patriots seemed to do okay after their supposed deflated scandal broke, wouldn't you say???? Somehow without any more ability to CHEAT, they beat the snot out of the Colts in the second half, totally embarrassing them and then beat the big bad Seahawks. The only reason Brady was able to make an NFL roster was because of those danged underinflated balls, right????

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Nope - that does't work because all balls lost pressure due to the elements

Had Brady fully cooperated with the investigation maybe I would feel different. But a person only refuses to cooperate if he has something to hide. He had the opportunity to eliminate all doubt and declined.

Reaction Score
Nope - that does't work because all balls lost pressure due to the elements
Wasn't the NFL using one of those super duper sophisticated pressure measuring devices they got at True Value Hardware, three for $6.95???? Evidently despite their major investment, they must have got a faulty device. Who would have thunk???? The NFL is a bigger joke by the day! People who want to rip apart the big bad Patriots are just loving this, aren't they? The Colts somehow figure by bringing out this HORRENDOUS scandal, they'll be forgiven for being abused by the Patriots multiple times by ridiculous scores and now everyone knows why. The underinflated balls somehow won the Patriots how many games under Bellichick and Brady??? How many NFL coaches and players and analysts were fooled into actually thinking Brady had any ability at all and felt that somehow Bellechick had a brain. It was all mirrors and thankfully the Colts have exposed these phonies to the world. God save the Queen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom