NY Times: Mizzou To SEC 'imminent, inevitable' | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NY Times: Mizzou To SEC 'imminent, inevitable'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Now that the BE has unanimously voted to increase the exit fee to $10 million dollars if and Navy join, you have to wonder who leaked this news last minute to the Times. Someone with a vested interest is not happy with any positive developments for the BE.

That could only be one person; Susan Herbst.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
How about his quote of UC going to the CAA in another thread? His neverending posts are based in what fact? Is he privy to insider information? Is he actually Hathaway on a two month bender? Things that make you go hmmm...the more I think about it, he could be Donna Shalalllalla or even Flipper...come on people you're not trying hard enough, we can make it a full blown conspiracy.

If the Big East collapses and UConn can't get into the ACC, we have a shot at the C-USA-MWC monstrosity. I suppose we disagree there.
UConn has a chance at the ACC. If Missouri joins the SEC, that chance goes down. Henceforth, I am worried.

Reaction Score
I now Temple has apathetic fan support, but I feel adding them is important to having a football presence in Pennsylvania. PA is a big recruiting state for all North East teams.

Reaction Score
I love it when they say that the BE voted out Temple, now wants them back. No one around here voted out Temple.
If they do bring Temple back, Temple has to go with an old school look in football.

temple-owls-replica-mini-helmet-3349415.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If the Big East collapses and UConn can't get into the ACC, we have a shot at the C-USA-MWC monstrosity. I suppose we disagree there.
UConn has a chance at the ACC. If Missouri joins the SEC, that chance goes down. Henceforth, I am worried.
If Mizzou joins the SEC, it might open the door for the SEC to go to 16 with two of FSU, Clemson, NCState... so it might help us. However this route could take a few years.

Reaction Score
The biggest obstacle for the B12 taking a BE team is the 27 months wait. I believe B12's TV contract stated they must have 10 teams, so this means they need 1 additional team for 2012 unless Missouri decides to stay for few more years. This could mean B12 will go after BYU since they are a lot more flexible and they are already an ESPN TV contract team.

We can only hope B12 will stop at 10 and not to go to 12 by taking both WVU and UL for 2014. I wish B12 and BE would just merge but we all know TexOU won't want that. I doubt B12 is going 12 until the current TV deal runs out cause I just don't see them split same money 12 ways vs. 10.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe that (shy of an even higher departure fee than the $30 mm A&M is paying) it is too late for a 2012 entry in a new conference for Missouri. Additionally, the SEC has gone on record that they will have thriteen members for at least the 2012-2013 athlteic/academic year.

Reaction Score
Disaster. TERRIBLE news for UConn.

Awful news for UConn. Not only does this increase the odds of the Big 12 raiding the Big East, but prevents the SEC from needing to poach the ACC. I have no ill will towards the ACC but if UConn ever gets an invite to that conference, we need either the SEC or Notre Dame to help us out.

Not so sure this is awful news. If Missouri goes to the SEC as reported and the Big 12 takes Louisville, WVA or both, the BE would be dead. As you wrote, ND is the key here. Are they going to be satisfied playing in the new BE if they are looking for an east coast presence? This would leave the ACC as their best option and may finally force their hand. The ACC would add another team and that would likely be Uconn. A worse case scenerio is the ACC takes ND and Rutgers in which case we'll be screwed but that would be a longshot.
Missouri will be the first domino to fall in this round of reallignment but as is the case with dominos, others will also fall. I just hope Uconn lands on the table and not the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefty92

Top Bottom