NY Times: Mizzou To SEC 'imminent, inevitable' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NY Times: Mizzou To SEC 'imminent, inevitable'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree there is nothing about any of this that even remotely forces Notre Dame into a conference.
Plus, there is seemingly not a thought being given to any of this in ND circles. They don't seem too concerned.

Reaction Score
But is he wrong? Other than his premise that Herbst's "begging" has hurt UConn's chances at finding a safe landing spot . . . .

Seeing as that is his most consistent message, yes, he is wrong.

Reaction Score
Plus, there is seemingly not a thought being given to any of this in ND circles. They don't seem too concerned.

You are nuts to think that Notre Dame isn't concerned about this.

"One source told The Post the basketball call was particularly heated, with some harsh words delivered to Notre Dame, which competes in the Big East in all sports except football, in which it is independent."

They're in a Big East meeting again. All the while the world around them collapses.

Reaction Score
But is he wrong? Other than his premise that Herbst's "begging" has hurt UConn's chances at finding a safe landing spot, I can't disagree with anything he is saying.

How much did Waylon just send to your PayPal account?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Wait, does this mean the NY Times is in on the conspiracy to destroy the Big East?

Reaction Score
You are nuts to think that Notre Dame isn't concerned about this.

"One source told The Post the basketball call was particularly heated, with some harsh words delivered to Notre Dame, which competes in the Big East in all sports except football, in which it is independent."

They're in a Big East meeting again. All the while the world around them collapses.
Then I'm nuts. I don't see anything to indicate ND is concerned at all, other than to be sympathetic and dutifully polite.

Reaction Score
This thread starts out on a topic and ends up talking about Waylon. Now where have I seen that before? Hmmm.....?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson, would you please for once STFU about "beg harder".

Regardless of whether or not that is even true, the fact remains that ultimately it wouldn't have made a god damn difference at all.

If the BigXII invites Louisville, WV and Cincy they are gone regardless of whether or not The Big East had added Houston, Boise St, and company and everyone remained "committed".

You're totally out of your mind if you think UConn and Rutgers couldn't get into C-USA too.

Edit: Has it come to this? Arguing about whether or not we are getting into C-USA?!

Herbst's "beg harder" program had no chance of success. None. This outcome was predestined the minute she no-showed in New York when the football schools wanted to discuss next steps. To say there was nothing she could do is a gigantic excuse for a massive failure by her.

I think we are hoping for, in order:

1) Thamel's story is wrong. I am still just a little skeptical that Missouri has the votes in the SEC.

2) BYU gets the invitation. They are clearly the most valuable program left in terms of TV value and BYU's AD gave signals they were interested this week. Hopefully the Big 12 adds them and stops.

3) Louisville declines the Big 12 invitation. Unlikely, but Jurich seems to like the Big East, and the travel to the Big 12 will wreck the hoops program.

In essence, we are hoping for someone else to save us, which is likely where we want to be, because I have no confidence at all in our ability to save ourselves.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I had a hot blonde at the original Russian Lady tell me to #BegHarder. There were a few more ### signs in there too

OK. Back to Waylon.

Reaction Score
Waylon's biggest life achievement will be when #BegHarder starts trending on Twitter.

If Pat Riley can copyright "Threepeat" then Waylon can copyright "Beg Harder" ... hell, I'll even buy a shirt!!!

Reaction Score
Like another poster wrote, it took 7 years for Syracuse to get into the ACC from the last realignment round, I think we are in a similar spot. In the medium term we will be alright.

Also, I feel SEC going to 16 is inevitable. Their East, West alignment does not quite balance. I believe they will look to add two eastern schools (FSU, Clemson) in the very near future.

Furthermore, if UConn and Rutgers are just hanging there with the departure of WVU, UL and UC, I can certainly see the ACC sending a lifeboat.

There was some speculation on Sirius-XM's College Football Coast to Coast this evening about SEC balance. The caller said that wordis leaking that Alabama & Auburn will move to the East Division with Vanderbilt being shifted to the West. Alabama wold link up with LSU as its permanent Western division dance partner.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If Pat Riley can copyright "Threepeat" then Waylon can copyright "Beg Harder" ... hell, I'll even buy a shirt!!!

I propose everyone wearing them at our next home football game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This outcome was predestined the minute she no-showed in New York when the football schools wanted to discuss next steps.
This outcome was determined when Beebe brought UT and OU back into the fold for the B-12 (and received roses from Marinatto for his efforts).

Reaction Score
This outcome was determined when Beebe brought UT and OU back into the fold for the B-12 (and received roses from Marinatto for his efforts).
Yeah, that roses move was weird. Or maybe he should send some to Neinas?

Reaction Score
Haha! A year later I forgot about the roses. Maybe Marinatto will get some this year.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Actually, after checking the sched, everyone should definitely wear these shirts to the next home game. We play Syracuse. That would be a great message for the ACC eyes that will be on that game.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
What caused the present situation? It wasn't when Mizzou decided they couldn't get in the B1G and went for the SEC instead, it wasn't when UT and OU couldn't make a deal with the Pac12 and came back to the B12, or when the B12 negotiated the LHN details and brought in TCU, or when Pitt/SU were poached by Swofford, or when Texas A&M decided they'd had enough of UT, this was all because of #BegHarder.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
#BegHarder is responsible for the Great Depression, the Madoff Ponzi Scheme, and all the wars throughout history.

Reaction Score
But is he wrong? Other than his premise that Herbst's "begging" has hurt UConn's chances at finding a safe landing spot, I can't disagree with anything he is saying.
How about his quote of UC going to the CAA in another thread? His neverending posts are based in what fact? Is he privy to insider information? Is he actually Hathaway on a two month bender? Things that make you go hmmm...the more I think about it, he could be Donna Shalalllalla or even Flipper...come on people you're not trying hard enough, we can make it a full blown conspiracy.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I trained my dog to sit up for his treats, but he was half-assing it so I told him to #BegHarder

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
#BegHarder is responsible for the Great Depression, the Madoff Ponzi Scheme, and all the wars throughout history.

It's also responsible for Joe Pisarcik, Bill Buckner, Steve Bartman and that cyclist dude from South Africa who got trucked by an antelope last week...

MattMang23

Reaction Score
This Jets/Dolphins game is hard to watch. We need to #BegHarder for better games on Monday Night Football.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Now that the BE has unanimously voted to increase the exit fee to $10 million dollars if and Navy join, you have to wonder who leaked this news last minute to the Times. Someone with a vested interest is not happy with any positive developments for the BE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom