OT: - NY Giants | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: NY Giants

Reaction Score
Did they? I feel like they overhauled his moves pretty quickly.
I could be wrong but I thought I read that something like 70% of the roster was still chips guys

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Haskins comments after his selection make me think the giants definitely made the wrong choice.

Reaction Score
Seeing this on Twitter and it's just painful.

Scenario #1: Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Odell Beckham Jr.

Scenario #2: Saquon Barkley, Daniel Jones, Dexter Lawrence

Hngh.
Problemwith Barkley? The linemanlooks great so the jury will be out on Jones for about 2 years, but what were the Giants winning this year?

Reaction Score
A NY writer said the skins were split on QBs.
Snyder wanted Haskins while Gruden and staff wanted Jones. Obviously Snyder wins.

Reaction Score
Obviously there's no way to know he's 100% there at 17 but that doesn't make it the right decision. It's not worth reaching

To be clear, in stating that it is a terrible pick, I do in fact agree it wasn't the right decision.

Reaction Score
To be clear, in stating that it is a terrible pick, I do in fact agree it wasn't the right decision.
Yeah I know. It's just a culmination for me. Even if I justify the Jones pick in them needing a QB and not wanting to risk missing their guy, the Lawrence pick was not great and they paid a ton to move up a few spots for Baker when Greedy Williams and Byron Murphy are also still on the board

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Silver lining - everything big Mike says/does ends up working out the opposite these days. So I guess we'll see Daniel Jones getting pro bowl consideration this year.

Reaction Score
I think Gettleman wanted to be the story of the draft. Congrats you just made the top 10 list of biggest draft day blunders.

Reaction Score
just listened to Francesa interview the kid.....he even sounds like Eli...

Reaction Score
Whom did you prefer in that spot? I'm not talking about undoing the disastrous sixth pick; I am talking about the 17th pick once that blunder was already made.
Due to this being a passing league a run stuffer would not be a priority this early with other qb hunters and mobile multi dimensional LBs available. We essentially traded snacks for. 4/5 rounder and let Odell go to the younger version of a guy who would dominate the 90’s era. Should have just drafted a fullback.

Reaction Score
His moves are bad and his defensive justifications are worse.

He says he couldn't "risk" taking Allen at 6 and waiting to draft Jones at 17, even though he had them ranked the same. Huh?

Like you said, Rosen was there -- and for what? A second rounder?

I like Rosen more than Dave Brown 2.0.

Depressing.
We gave Odell away for nothing but couldn’t offer big for Rosen??? Lauretta was better and he’s not even on the team. We also thought that was a wasted second round pick last year. So that’s 2 wasted high picks a row. Draw and quarter Gettleman. Mara your days look to be numbered.

Reaction Score
They've already set in the works Eli for another 3 years then Jones will take over. Giants fans are going to hate Eli and the whole Manning family at the end of this and the Giants have probably set themselves back for a decade.
We are without a winning record in 5 of the last 6 years. If this isn’t the decade now it’s looking like 2 or more.

Reaction Score
I guess the good news is there is a 9 year old somewhere dominating his P A L team, who in thirteen years will be the number pick for the Gmen. Gettleman MIGHT be gone by then.

Reaction Score
Solid listen here for anyone looking for more information on DJ (recorded on April 9th):

"What could he be if everything clicks and everything goes perfect? Matt Ryan"

Here's hoping.

The big problem with that being that Matt Ryan plays 9+ games in a dome every year. MetLife is nothing like a dome.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think Gettleman is a plant from a rival sent to destroy the Giants. He's been so historically bad in such a short amount of time that it's somehow taken the focus away from how John Mara is the James Dolan of the NFL.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I preferred greedy over baker

Reaction Score
The big problem with that being that Matt Ryan plays 9+ games in a dome every year. MetLife is nothing like a dome.
And the big joke about Matt Ryan is that he’s Andy Dalton, with a dome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom