Ntambwe to Texas Tech | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ntambwe to Texas Tech

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
HUGE mistake. You can pull the not pushing kids out at Wagner and RI during a rebuild.. Not sure if it’s going to work here.

It’s not pushing out if a player if he is permanently injured and only played for limited minutes in 2 games. Who cares who his brother is.. That a big gamble.

Mr. Hurley has to figure out to play with the big boys you have to do unpleasant things..
There’s a reason Hurley is the coach and getting paid 3 mil/year and you’re not.

Reaction Score
You heard this too, how'd that pan out?

You were also saying similar things about Kofi and Precious this past winter...
What? How did what pan out? Getting Ntambwe?
Not well at all, Whaley didn't leave.

Precious was always a luxury recruit. I told you we would get Akok, Bouknight, and Gaffney. I was convinced we would get Kofi, staff was blindsided by it and it's why we're in the current position we are at Center. It also pretty much took us out of the running for Achiuwa.

Reaction Score
What? How did what pan out? Getting Ntambwe?
Not well at all, Whaley didn't leave.

Precious was always a luxury recruit. I told you we would get Akok, Bouknight, and Gaffney. I was convinced we would get Kofi, staff was blindsided by it and it's why we're in the current position we are at Center. It also pretty much took us out of the running for Achiuwa.

Sounds like Kofi following Antigua and the $$$ sorta screwed up our grand plan. Still happy with the 3 guys we got plus Cole though. Let’s finish with Manuel and call it a day.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty happy with our top 20 recruiting class coming off back to back years of a disorganized disaster. There’s a reason they call them rebuilds. We’re not at “reload” level yet.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I like Tech’s class almost as much as Memphis’s. They are bringing in an absolutely loaded class.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
HUGE mistake. You can pull the not pushing kids out at Wagner and RI during a rebuild.. Not sure if it’s going to work here.

It’s not pushing out if a player if he is permanently injured and only played for limited minutes in 2 games. Who cares who his brother is.. That a big gamble.

Mr. Hurley has to figure out to play with the big boys you have to do unpleasant things..
Yep. Hurley made a miscalculation not opening up more scholarships to bring in a larger 6 player roster overhaul type class to give him a huge base to rebuild upon. The roster still has multiple holes and as of right now we have no scholarships. I don’t like the way the team is constructed too much finesse not enough physicality, beef, grit, toughness, rebounding, we need more MEN; and overall talent level is still lower than where it needs to be. The only thing I think this roster does exceptionally well is shoot the ball(which is a big plus).

Reaction Score
I’m pretty happy with our top 20 recruiting class coming off back to back years of a disorganized disaster. There’s a reason they call them rebuilds. We’re not at “reload” level yet.
Without question, the four guys coming in are quality. Without question, the inability to address a highly priority need is concerning. Getting Precious would have been a luxury, not getting anyone to help Josh does not bode well for next season. Getting a quality big should have been part of the rebuild. If they were blindsided by Kofi, shame on the staff.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Kofi following Antigua and the $$$ sorta screwed up our grand plan. Still happy with the 3 guys we got plus Cole though. Let’s finish with Manuel and call it a day.
FBI coming...

Reaction Score
We were but not now.

Reaction Score
Without question, the four guys coming in are quality. Without question, the inability to address a highly priority need is concerning. Getting Precious would have been a luxury, not getting anyone to help Josh does not bode well for next season. Getting a quality big should have been part of the rebuild. If they were blindsided by Kofi, shame on the staff.
The off season isn't over yet.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
“We hired you based on your history of rebuilding programs and winning.

Now, change everything.”

The original post also greatly misrepresents the Diarra situation, but ok.
So what is a more accurate representation of the Diarra situation?

Reaction Score
I don’t agree with the yarders here that believe in pushing out players. Not speaking on Mama, he’s in a different situation and the staff is working to figure that out.

I think Hurley’s loyalty to the players who were here before him speaks volumes about his character and his integrity. A coach who respects his players as men and see’s them capable will be respected back even more so. These guys will jump off a bridge for Hurley.

Watch the chemistry next year, I’m calling a big jump. Heard it here first.
am I nuts for agreeing with this Moran? :)

Reaction Score
Blah, blah, money, blah blah, didn't want to commit, blah, blah, blah didn't like him anyway, etc.

No, he’s good. I do think it’s interesting that he played his freshman year at age 20. He’ll be 22 the next time he plays college basketball. For a guy who has pro aspirations- at whatever level he can make money- I wonder how many games he’ll suit up for at TT. The window to make money isn’t large.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We should have focused on Ntambwe more so than Cole. We can always get guards like RJ.

Disagree completely. I think Ntambwe is being significantly overrated. Third best player on a bad team, took a ton of shots and missed most of them. He’s a decent player, but not a major upgrade over what we have as of 20-21, if he is at all. Might not even start for us by the time he is eligible.

Getting Cole tells me that AG is likely gone after next year. That would give us a veteran PG, Gaffney as backup at PG and some PG, Bouknight at SG and Adams as a multi role player off the bench. Sophomore Akok, Jr Sid, Sr Carlton and Polley. Plus next years class. That team sounds very strong.

Reaction Score
Disagree completely. I think Ntambwe is being significantly overrated. Third best player on a bad team, took a ton of shots and missed most of them. He’s a decent player, but not a major upgrade over what we have as of 20-21, if he is at all. Might not even start for us by the time he is eligible.

Getting Cole tells me that AG is likely gone after next year. That would give us a veteran PG, Gaffney as backup at PG and some PG, Bouknight at SG and Adams as a multi role player off the bench. Sophomore Akok, Jr Sid, Sr Carlton and Polley. Plus next years class. That team sounds very strong.
Cole is going to be good for us but so would Ntambwe, he's a lot better than Polley and Sid. And I don't even want to think of the possibility of Kuminga joining him for a year in college.

Reaction Score
Can't have everybody as we know. Having said that would've loved him and Cole sitting a year and beihbg part of this program in 20-21. Life goes on though give us Vladir.

Reaction Score
I don’t agree with the yarders here that believe in pushing out players. Not speaking on Mama, he’s in a different situation and the staff is working to figure that out.

I think Hurley’s loyalty to the players who were here before him speaks volumes about his character and his integrity. A coach who respects his players as men and see’s them capable will be respected back even more so. These guys will jump off a bridge for Hurley.

Watch the chemistry next year, I’m calling a big jump. Heard it here first.
Hurley's loyalty to his players, and the two way respect flowing through the men's basketball program, are essential tenets of the coaching staff's message towards establishing culture. It's one of the core building blocks for a successful program, as envisioned and put into practice by Coach Hurley.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The guy is a good player and anyone who thinks otherwise has blinders on
He would have been a huge help in practice and when he suited up
Yeah he has some age.....................
Oh well DH on to the next BIG
Hopefully someone will consider Storrs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom