Ntambwe to Texas Tech | The Boneyard

Ntambwe to Texas Tech

Reaction Score
We are in a pretty tough spot with getting a big ,especially one with options.
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like :
1. Diarra is pondering whether to give basketball another go
2 Whether he drops basketball completely because of long term health risks.
If 1 ;
We have zero available scholarships , barring a huge surprise departure
If 2 ;
We will have an available scholarship the end of August but no one t offer it to, unless they start Second semester .
Either way Diarra will have some type of scholarship.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If 1 ;
If 2 ;
We will have an available scholarship the end of August but no one t offer it to, unless they start Second semester .
Complicating the situation even more is us going hard after his brother.

Reaction Score
Really sucks, possibly a future NBA player at a position of need. But Hurley isn’t forcing kids out that don’t belong here. Culture is important so if those kids are working hard and contributing in other ways, it’s not ideal but it’s a positive. I don’t think we have a traditional UConn wing on the roster (opinions divided on Sid obviously) and he’d have been instant starter when eligible.

Plus, you have better shot at his top ranked brother. But i wanted Ntambwe for his skill at the 3.

Miss skilled wings so much, hoping Bouknight can play there. He looks great on tape.

Reaction Score
The question is would we still have taken Cole. May have been difficult to take 2 transfers who would have had to sit out...neither of which is a big.
A few months ago staff was under the impression they would have the open scholly and two other schollies would open up. When one of them didn't open up I think they waited on Ntambwe. It's really unfortunate, he's a really good player.

Reaction Score
If 1 ;
If 2 ;

Read the Valdir Manuel thread. Seems pretty clear he is the target if the scholly opens up.

Reaction Score
Read the Valdir Manuel thread. Seems pretty clear he is the target if the scholly opens up.
Yep. Hear he’s pretty skilled. One of our kids played national ball with him and likes him

Reaction Score
Wow. Beard's transfer game is on fire. Mostly, they've been taking advantage of the grad transfer route, but Ntambwe is their first significant sit-one transfer since Brandon Francis in 2016.

Reaction Score
HUGE mistake. You can pull the not pushing kids out at Wagner and RI during a rebuild.. Not sure if it’s going to work here.

It’s not pushing out if a player if he is permanently injured and only played for limited minutes in 2 games. Who cares who his brother is.. That a big gamble.

Mr. Hurley has to figure out to play with the big boys you have to do unpleasant things..

Reaction Score
HUGE mistake. You can pull the not pushing kids out at Wagner and RI during a rebuild.. Not sure if it’s going to work here.

It’s not pushing out if a player if he is permanently injured and only played for limited minutes in 2 games. Who cares who his brother is.. That a big gamble.

Mr. Hurley has to figure out to play with the big boys you have to do unpleasant things..
Don’t think the issue is Diarra here.

Reaction Score

Texas Tech pushed out a top JUCO prospect Thomas to open the door....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No great loss. People overrating this guy. We couldn’t afford two sit one transfers plus a docked scholarship next year. Cole is the better player and at a position of need. We are recruiting wings hard next year. Ntambwe was a tweener anyway. More a stretch 4.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I'm sure "Boneyard Poster Captbluefin" knows much more about running a college basketball program than Dan Hurley.

This is his philosophy, and it's what you're stuck with for the foreseeable future. Make your peace with it.

Reaction Score
I don’t agree with the yarders here that believe in pushing out players. Not speaking on Mama, he’s in a different situation and the staff is working to figure that out.

I think Hurley’s loyalty to the players who were here before him speaks volumes about his character and his integrity. A coach who respects his players as men and see’s them capable will be respected back even more so. These guys will jump off a bridge for Hurley.

Watch the chemistry next year, I’m calling a big jump. Heard it here first.

Reaction Score

Drama queen

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure a wing with NBA aspirations would pick Hurley over Beard seeing Smith and Culver go lottery in back to back years.

Maybe the people who point out that UConn's perception among recruits is currently down relative to other schools aren't wrong, and shouldn't face outrage mobs in response. This is 2019, not 2004.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom