Ntambwe to Texas Tech | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ntambwe to Texas Tech

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Respect the staff and we will improve. But there has been a lot of striking out going on. Mostly for trying to get a center. Hope we nail it down quickly for 20.

Reaction Score
You heard this too, how'd that pan out?

You were also saying similar things about Kofi and Precious this past winter...
Don't forget Andre Jackson, right before he took an official to Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Were you expecting Jackson to commit on his visit? It's been well known that he is going to announce around Peach Jam tournament.
Not at all. But this idea that we are "good" with any recruit is comical. Most coaches/staff feel the exact same way, In the case of Jackson, I can assure you that Syracuse feels they are in just "as good". In fact, they feel he is theirs to lose. His assertion becomes diluted after hearing the same thing a bunch of times to only have guys go elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not at all. But this idea that we are "good" with any recruit is comical. Most coaches/staff feel the exact same way, In the case of Jackson, I can assure you that Syracuse feels they are in just "as good". In fact, they feel he is theirs to lose. Your assertion becomes diluted after hearing the same thing a bunch of times to only have guys go elsewhere.
And this is why people are hesitant to share info on here when it comes to recruiting. Things can change in an instant. It's not an exact science. Sorry that sometimes we get stuff wrong.

They also thought they had Akok. If you would like to believe their word as gospel than by all means go ahead.

Then again, you are the same person who insisted Hurley wasn't coming here despite people telling you otherwise.

Reaction Score
Not at all. But this idea that we are "good" with any recruit is comical. Most coaches/staff feel the exact same way, In the case of Jackson, I can assure you that Syracuse feels they are in just "as good". In fact, they feel he is theirs to lose. Your assertion becomes diluted after hearing the same thing a bunch of times to only have guys go elsewhere.
Then put him on ignore and let the other 99% of rational posters enjoy getting info. You apparently lack the ability to understand any nuance with recruiting

Reaction Score
Then put him on ignore and let the other 99% of rational posters enjoy getting info. You apparently lack the ability to understand any nuance with recruiting
99% of rational posters. Good one.

Reaction Score
Good idea. Yeah, I really don't understand any of it. Or maybe I understand more than the 99% and have grown tired of some posters hypocrisy and nonsense. Yeah, maybe its that. You don't know me, so don't tell me what I understand and what I don't.

Reaction Score
Good idea. Yeah, I really don't understand any of it. Or maybe I understand more than the 99% and have grown tired of some posters hypocrisy and nonsense. Yeah, maybe its that. You don't know me, so don't tell me what I understand and what I don't.
Then like I said, ignore them. Some of us enjoy when people post the inside info they have and don't want you to drive them away by constantly taking shots at them

Reaction Score
And this is why people are hesitant to share info on here when it comes to recruiting. Things can change in an instant. It's not an exact science. Sorry that sometimes we get stuff wrong.

They also thought they had Akok. If you would like to believe their word as gospel than by all means go ahead.

Then again, you are the same person who insisted Hurley wasn't coming here despite people telling you otherwise.
Hurley was my opinion. I never once claimed it was fact. In fact, I never claimed to be an insider because I am not. Seems like some "insiders" here have a lot of opinions. There is only one poster on here that I take he as fact.

Reaction Score
Then like I said, ignore them. Some of us enjoy when people post the inside info they have and don't want you to drive them away by constantly taking shots at them
Trust me, under no circumstance would the guy I am taking shots at( and its not BField) would be driven away. He is too much of a blowhard. But I do love when people who do know about the sport question other posters on here and are always met with the same generic response. Truth is, you can hate my opinions. Thats fine. But I assure you I know enough about college basketball and how recruiting works.

C

Chief00

A few months ago staff was under the impression they would have the open scholly and two other schollies would open up. When one of them didn't open up I think they waited on Ntambwe. It's really unfortunate, he's a really good player.
While Chief is criticizing someone for a partially admirable trait (loyalty), I would be more ruthless. It’s a competitive game not a participation trophy soccer league. You need to find guys who can get on the court and win.

Reaction Score
Hurley was my opinion. I never once claimed it was fact. In fact, I never claimed to be an insider because I am not. Seems like some "insiders" here have a lot of opinions. There is only one poster on here that I take he as fact.

We are so lucky to have Chief, aren't we?

Reaction Score

Now, now, don't go waving Chief around as some sort of badge of honor or symbol of your veracity.

Reaction Score
From what I heard, he was ours.
Than that is a major problem as a few of these guys were “ours”. The real trend we’ve been seeing is no closing on main targets. Not the good ones. The class cornerstones and bigs. Like who we have so far but it’s plan d every year. Maybe we need new uniforms??

pj

Reaction Score
While Chief is criticizing someone for a partially admirable trait (loyalty), I would be more ruthless. It’s a competitive game not a participation trophy soccer league. You need to find guys who can get on the court and win.

I like what Hurley is doing. Yes, it has a short-term cost, but that will be over in a year or two. Meanwhile, he's building a lasting reputation for standing by his players. With recruiting disadvantages like the AAC, it's great to have a recruiting plus that elite schools can't match, and that high school and AAU coaches will value highly.

Reaction Score
Than that is a major problem as a few of these guys were “ours”. The real trend we’ve been seeing is no closing on main targets. Not the good ones. The class cornerstones and bigs. Like who we have so far but it’s plan d every year. Maybe we need new uniforms??
The guys we got were all plan A's, only other plan A we really missed on was Kofi (huge miss) but we shouldn't have so much trouble getting a competent big.

This was as simple as Hurley not clearing out scholarships. Penny cleared out his whole roster to make room, Hurley does things differently.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
HUGE mistake. You can pull the not pushing kids out at Wagner and RI during a rebuild.. Not sure if it’s going to work here.

It’s not pushing out if a player if he is permanently injured and only played for limited minutes in 2 games. Who cares who his brother is.. That a big gamble.

Mr. Hurley has to figure out to play with the big boys you have to do unpleasant things..
So how much are you willing to contribute to the sneaker fund? Baby's got to have new shoes!

Reaction Score

Genuinely curious on who that is? @Zionn?

Reaction Score
Are you on drugs? We got a top 25 ranked pf a top 20 overall class and a transfer who averages 21 a game. After a season under .500. Christ you are dumb

Reaction Score
I mean, does anyone on here actually think Cole is going to be better than Ntambwe? Because I can promise you that is not the case. Ntambwe will be a better, and more versatile, player in positions of need while Cole becomes a marginal bench guard in a crowded back court that will ideally be with a top prospect or two in the 2020 class

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I mean, does anyone on here actually think Cole is going to be better than Ntambwe? Because I can promise you that is not the case. Ntambwe will be a better, and more versatile, player in positions of need while Cole becomes a marginal bench guard in a crowded back court that will ideally be with a top prospect or two in the 2020 class

I don't trust your analysis one bit.

Reaction Score
Ntambwe will definitely be better but you ruined your whole post by not stopping after sentence 2. Somehow got dumber with every word

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom