NOW can we talk starting lineup? (Merged thread) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NOW can we talk starting lineup? (Merged thread)

Who will the 5th starter be?

• Westbrook

• Adebayo

• Makurat

• Camara

• Griffin

• Irwin

• Bent

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Add Megatron!!
I second that notion, I’m just not sure if she will completely break out her shell and be the #1 recruit I know she can be. The other two I know for sure they will bring it. This is Crystal’s last year and now there’s nobody in front of her as far as seniority or being an overall leader so she completely has the reigns now. It would be nice for her to get a least one championship and have an AA year like Renee Montgomery’s senior year (2009.) As far as Christyn, I know for sure she was just scratching the surface and now she knows the system and the offense. I expect her to be the best player on the team.

Reaction Score
When Geno has depth which he will have next year, the starting 5 doesn't really matter. Geno loves to use a "game changer," off the bench and that player is usually a freshman. It wouldn't be unusual for that 6th player off the bench to get more minutes than some of the starters. I love watching what Geno does when he does have depth and a solid bench. He may be quick to pull someone or may bring in multiple subs at one or any given time. Its usually fun to watch. It should be an exciting season.

Reaction Score
With no backup post .... really needed a second big or at least a power forward in order to compete against the elite teams.

For this reason I think it’s impossible for Adebayo to be a starter, someone will have to back up Liv and right now she seems like the only reliable option off the bench.

Reaction Score
Please point out the word never in my sentence
Let me repeat KIA. Maya. DT. With Geno I have learned it is wise to never say never. Never will take transfers, Never will play U Tenn.
I DID however leave out---Geno will never use Freshmen.

Please read that which was replied ---where in it did it say NAN or YOU said NEVER???? Reading is Fundamental!!

Reaction Score
You seem to be stuck in that crusty place again where you believe that UCONN is hiding the truth about the condition of the players or that UCONN somehow owes you a personal explanation. HIPAA prevents the former and the latter is none of your business. Enjoy the games and wish all the players good health.
No, I do not contend that UConn is hiding the truth.
Again, would you care to maintain a modicum of civility? Care to reduce the venom? I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.
Just would like to add a little to this discussion.
Let’s look at Lou’s back injury on 3/2. Many here were freaking out with all the BY doctors speculating about diagnosis (sprain,strain,herniated disc,etc). It wasn’t until weeks later that during a game an announcer casually mentioned what her diagnosis was (I think it was a bone bruise of L3). I believe that was the first time most of us heard that while that would have been determined on an MRI probably done within a day or 2 of the injury. Was UConn hiding the truth ? I wouldn't go that far but could they have been more out in the open with this info? I don’t see any reason why not unless Lou objected or Geno thought it would play to his advantage (seems doubtful). It probably would have put some minds at ease (not saying that’s Geno’s job but it would have been nice).
Also a comment about HIPPA. People often say HIPPA prevents or forbids the release of information as if that can never be done. Not true - if a person agrees information is released all the time. We knew what Lauren Cox’s injury was right away and we even know about her medical condition. HIPPA applies to covered entities (just google HIPPA to find them). Back to Lou for an example - if UConn Health Center or the radiologist who read the MRI released results without permission that would certainly be a HIPPA violation. if Lou told a friend in confidence and the friend talked to the press that would be in bad taste but not a HIPPA violation. I would think in most cases when a player on an athletic scholarship has an athletic injury that limits her ability to play her given sport that they wouldn’t object to the release of information.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I'm a coach going into a tournament, I'm not sure I would want the opposition to know the extent of the injury.

Friendly refresher: It's HIPAA.

Suggest that those who keep referring to HIPPA go to HHS.gov to better understand what an actual HIPPA violation is.

Reaction Score
Just would like to add a little to this discussion.
Let’s look at Lou’s back injury on 3/2. Many here were freaking out with all the BY doctors speculating about diagnosis (sprain,strain,herniated disc,etc). It wasn’t until weeks later that during a game an announcer casually mentioned what her diagnosis was (I think it was a bone bruise of L3). I believe that was the first time most of us heard that while that would have been determined on an MRI probably done within a day or 2 of the injury. Was UConn hiding the truth ? I wouldn't go that far but could they have been more out in the open with this info? I don’t see any reason why not unless Lou objected or Geno thought it would play to his advantage (seems doubtful). It probably would have put some minds at ease (not saying that’s Geno’s job but it would have been nice).
Also a comment about HIPPA. People often say HIPPA prevents or forbids the release of information as if that can never be done. Not true - if a person agrees information is released all the time. We knew what Lauren Cox’s injury was right away and we even know about her medical condition. HIPPA applies to covered entities (just google HIPPA to find them). Back to Lou for an example - if UConn Health Center or the radiologist who read the MRI released results without permission that would certainly be a HIPPA violation. if Lou told a friend in confidence and the friend talked to the press that would be in bad taste but not a HIPPA violation. I would think in most cases when a player on an athletic scholarship has an athletic injury that limits her ability to play her given sport that they wouldn’t object to the release of information.
I believe it was a “need to know” situation and the people that needed to know...... knew. A back injury was all I needed to know.

Reaction Score
If Westbrook is granted the waiver, there is no way she is coming off the bench. Geno has talked about putting the 5 best players on the court, especially with their recent lack of height.
Unfortunately, Megan will continue to remain playing the 4 if Evina plays. Megan will be a wing player at the next level, so hopefully she can work on making her 3s more consistent, and working on her handle when driving the ball
Didn’t Megan have the highest 3-point percentage on the team last year?! How much more consistent can one be?

Reaction Score
Didn’t Megan have the highest 3-point percentage on the team last year?! How much more consistent can one be?
If I was going to be picky, yes one can have consistency over a season and one can also have consistency from game to game. There were games where Meg really went after her 3 pt shot and then in some of the biggest games it wasn't there or she didn't have the confidence to take the shot. As an upper classman she will now need to be dependable at the 3pt line every game.

Reaction Score
a lot of her shots from the 3 were straight-line shots, with no arc.
Also, Megan had the 4th most 3 pt attempts in the team. Crystal, and KLS took more than 100+ 3 point attempts than Megan. If Megan were to take as many 3 pt attempts as Crystal and KLS, her % would not be as high. Especially a high number of her shots have no arc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom