NOW can we talk starting lineup? (Merged thread) | The Boneyard

NOW can we talk starting lineup? (Merged thread)

Who will the 5th starter be?

• Westbrook

• Adebayo

• Makurat

• Camara

• Griffin

• Irwin

• Bent

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
That will certainly be one of the most talented rosters in WCBB. With 3 upperclassman and all ranked in the top-5, it would be upsetting if Geno couldn’t take them all the way IMO

Reaction Score
No pressure though, right? Need to be undefeated too?
Wouldn’t go so far as to undefeated, but should definitely be compete with Baylor, Oregon, etc. If 5 top-5 recruits can’t compete with anyone it’s either coaching (which it isn’t) lack of development (which it isn’t) or poor rankings. I will say Sabally and Hebard were grossly underrated.

Reaction Score
PG Crystal Dangerfield
SG CW
W EW
SF MW
C ONO

Basically a 3 guard offense!
IMHO there won't be a quicker team in Div. I!

Since Westbrook played point guard at her last school, I’m thinking she will play more of combo guard role at UConn, like a second ball handler. I think Williams, who was a strong rebounder at the end of the season will play the 3.

Reaction Score
They still need a post for next year. I do not want Irwin playing 15 minutes because ONO gets in foul trouble.
Expecting a big sophomore leap from her. Hopefully foul trouble was just a freshman thing. A lot of freshmen posts struggle with foul issues because they are used to easily swatting everything in HS. Hopefully Touly is ready for some minutes at the 5.

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams was 5’11 and was going to work in the post. We will be totally with 6’1 Walker doing the same and she’s obviously proven she can rebound. I’ll take a talented roster like ours for next season over any team in the country.

Reaction Score
I would move Williams to the wing instead of Westbrook. That would help to solve Williams defensive issues as well. Williams is a better shooter and Westbrook is quicker and better off the dribble.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A month ago, I thought Aubrey would be a starter, at least for much of the season. When we got Makurat, I thought she would be the starter. Now, I think Westbrook will be the starter--assuming Evina has immediate eligibility.

The HoopGurlz rankings in the starting lineup could be: #3, #1, #2, #1, #5. That's elite-level talent!

Reaction Score
I don’t think Geno recruited transfer Evelyn Adebayo to sit on the bench for the entire game.

I do not think he recruited her to play back-up center either. If they want to run they need to rebound. Last year rebounding was a big problem...a line-up of 4 guards and a power forward could get killed on the boards.

Reaction Score
I do not think he recruited her to play back-up center either. If they want to run they need to rebound. Last year rebounding was a big problem...a line-up of 4 guards and a power forward could get killed on the boards.
That depends on who the guards are, and who's the power forward. At any rate, I'm confident that Evelyn Adebayo would be thrilled just to be in the rotation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom