November non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

November non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Why does it look that way?
There is another birdie out there. Dawn tweeted months ago that we landed a recruit. Since then Cooper committed but Dawn tweeted about her a day before she announced. Dawn tweeted her birdie tweet again today after Watkins announced so there is still one mystery birdie out there.

Reaction Score
Why does it look that way?
Emma Risch and Kamorea Arnold both visited SC on June 26. Later that day Dawn posted a birdie in the nest tweet which remains open ended w/o a commitment. That they were on campus the same day had those two among the speculated of who the commit might be. Ashlyn Watkins and Talaysia Cooper were also part of the speculations but they received their own birdie tweets when they committed. With Risch committing to ND, that leaves Arnold as the logical possibility. It’s also possible the birdie is someone else. It could be someone like Malaysia Fulwiley or Zoe Brooks (who came on a visit 3 days later), or someone else Dawn has been recruiting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is another birdie out there. Dawn tweeted months ago that we landed a recruit. Since then Cooper committed but Dawn tweeted about her a day before she announced. Dawn tweeted her birdie tweet again today after Watkins announced so there is still one mystery birdie out there.
Oh okay. Wasn’t sure if one of those two were the birdie. Is it normal for players to commit and then continue on their official visits to other schools? What is the point of that honestly? Seems like a waste of everyone’s time (not that, that is for sure what happened here).

Reaction Score
Oh okay. Wasn’t sure if one of those two were the birdie. Is it normal for players to commit and then continue on their official visits to other schools? What is the point of that honestly? Seems like a waste of everyone’s time (not that, that is for sure what happened here).
According to people who are heavily involved in college football recruiting, it's common for players to silently commit to one school and go visit other schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would not think that it is not common in women’s basketball but I would also think if I was a recruit I would still want to enjoy the recruiting process by visiting other schools. Probably best to wait until after all your visits to commit but if you know you know. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy the entire process.

Reaction Score
I would not think that it is not common in women’s basketball but I would also think if I was a recruit I would still want to enjoy the recruiting process by visiting other schools. Probably best to wait until after all your visits to commit but if you know you know. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy the entire process.
I understand but the recruiting process ends when you commit, there’s no more “recruiting” because you have agreed to sign with a school. If someone wants to enjoy their recruiting process, then it would make sense to commit after all of their officials.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
According to Raoul, Indya Nivar has committed to Stanford. Other finalist was NC State.

This is a big relief. Three games into the season, our PG by committee approach is clearly not working as well as we hoped, and we're missing Ki even more than we thought we would. Will be really nice to have another perimeter threat who can also bring up and handle the ball.

Reaction Score
I understand but the recruiting process ends when you commit, there’s no more “recruiting” because you have agreed to sign with a school. If someone wants to enjoy their recruiting process, then it would make sense to commit after all of their officials.
Not sure that is the case I think some coaches will continue to recruit until the letter is signed

Reaction Score
Agree that is how it should work. This is not what happened with Cooper or Watkins. It has been reported that both committed shortly before their announcements. Watkins did not decide until this past Friday so the sites that had her already committed were wrong. The third commit is likely either a ‘23 recruit or maybe someone committed and then changed their mind ‍♀️

Reaction Score
Was this the worst kept secret ever? One of the recruiting sites has had her listed as a South Carolina commit for several weeks.
I believe this was an instance of presupposition on PN‘s part. I think it was listed accidentally on their part and done without inside knowledge. It was a good assumption that AW would more than likely stay home, but I do feel UNC was a factor and had an outside shot. I’ll need Ashlyn to say that she told/hinted to some media of her decision weeks in advance of her commitment before I believe otherwise.

Reaction Score
This is a big relief. Three games into the season, our PG by committee approach is clearly not working as well as we hoped, and we're missing Ki even more than we thought we would. Will be really nice to have another perimeter threat who can also bring up and handle the ball.
Referring to 2022 Hoopgurlz #20 5-9 G Indya Nivar commitment to Stanford? Congrats to Indya and her family on selecting a top school and wbb program and the Cardinal on landing a top-rated guard.

Reaction Score
I believe this was an instance of presupposition on PN‘s part. I think it was listed accidentally on their part and done without inside knowledge. It was a good assumption that AW would more than likely stay home, but I do feel UNC was a factor and had an outside shot. I’ll need Ashlyn to say that she told/hinted to some media of her decision weeks in advance of her commitment before I believe otherwise.
She said today that she only made up her mind on Friday.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
KK Arnold is class of 2023. She cannot start "official" visits until 1 week after the FF. All her visit (I believe she made 8) including to SC and UCONN have been on her own dime.

Reaction Score
KK Arnold is class of 2023. She cannot start "official" visits until 1 week after the FF. All her visit (I believe she made 8) including to SC and UCONN have been on her own dime.
My mistake, thanks for the correction!

Reaction Score
She said today that she only made up her mind on Friday.
I can tell you UNC was a real choice. Ashlyn always wanted to play for Dawn and that's been her dream. Her decision really was whether she wanted to play right away and be the face of the program at UNC or wait her turn and be a star on the hometown team. She'll get some early PT. She was a coveted recruit for Dawn. It's going to be fun watching her and Sania Feagin develop.

Reaction Score
Appears these two players didn’t sign

If I were Paris Clark (and Elena Buenavida), two early commits to UCLA, after seeing the class grow behind me, particularly with the addition of Kiki Rice (and the apparent decommit of 2021 fellow Spaniard Marta Morales for Buenavida), I might be interested in exploring my options until the late signing period. A 7 player class is a lot of bodies to fight through. Also, there are current players who could opt to continue for an additional year after having sat out 2020... there aren't enough scholarship slots to support all of the former commits and all potential returners. I don't know how that plays out, but it certainly will be an issue impacting several schools and many members of the class of 2022.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom