Nova vs Providence | The Boneyard

Nova vs Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty good game. Providence is playing well on the road. Dunn really draws a ton of attention.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
They are allowing a ton of contact. Good game.

Reaction Score
Arcidiacono just may have ripped their hearts out with that late three. Overtime now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess the officiating is bad in the NBE also - lots of weird calls and no calls
Arcidiacono makes some very silly decisions but he can be clutch
That Bentill guy makes the PeeCee team as good as it is - yeah Dunn is good but by himself he could not have the team where it is - Bentill causes a lot of double teams that gives a lot of openings for Dunn

Reaction Score
That foul called on Kris Dunn was just atrocious. Officials need to be fired for making calls like that.

Reaction Score
Good scenario for Providence today.....first time Nova playing in Wells Fargo this year.....18000+ tickets sold, public transit shut down due to snowstorm and only half the crowd could make it....didn't even have the staff to turn the court over to Nova logos. As close to a neutral court game as you could get in Philly.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Two things that are beyond the understanding of mortal men....

What constitutes a catch in the NFL and what's a foul in college basketball in 2016.

Big East a mess - I was more impressed with Nova than I should have been based on the OU game, etc.

Their best shot at a team making a run in the tournament is hoping that Kris Dunn goes full-Kemba and carries PC.

Bummer for the Philly teams that sold tickets for last night and had to play today.

Reaction Score
Two things that are beyond the understanding of mortal men....

What constitutes a catch in the NFL and what's a foul in college basketball in 2016.

Big East a mess - I was more impressed with Nova than I should have been based on the OU game, etc.

Their best shot at a team making a run in the tournament is hoping that Kris Dunn goes full-Kemba and carries PC.

Bummer for the Philly teams that sold tickets for last night and had to play today.

Keep trying kiddo. Glad that mess of a conference could deliver your most interesting game of the season yesterday....with one of our middle of the pack teams.

Reaction Score
Keep trying kiddo. Glad that mess of a conference could deliver your most interesting game of the season yesterday....with one of our middle of the pack teams.

You guys are overanked every year. UConn with a 7 seed faces Nova with a top seed, and that was the worst competition UConn had in the entire 2014 tourney.

Reaction Score
You guys are overanked every year. UConn with a 7 seed faces Nova with a top seed, and that was the worst competition UConn had in the entire 2014 tourney.

Anything can happen in one game. I don't really think Temple is better than UCONN this year either.

Reaction Score
Anything can happen in one game. I don't really think Temple is better than UCONN this year either.

One game? They won the national championship. What are you talking about? UConn was 10x the team Villanova was. Those teams play again, UConn wins 20 times out of 20.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Maybe but Temple basically smoked SMU today and I am quite positive that SMU would smoke Providence
Georgetown, according to you, is middle of the pack. Well that team has some victories vs some pretty good team so just because they are middle in the standings doesn't mean they are middle of the league talent wise
NBE is basically, top to bottom, nothing crow about. I really don't think Villanova would be top 4 in the in a few other conferences this year - a good regular season team but NCAA tourney flop.
Cut off Bentill and you cripple PeeCee, Dunn cannot carry it himself but he is a talented guard

Reaction Score

Just because we won't schedule a home and home with you doesn't mean you have to be bitter and troll the BY. Sorry but we already have plenty of home/homes with national programs unlike PC. It's the simple truth so cry about it somewhere else with Sean and friarj

Reaction Score
When it comes to the Big East apparently anything can happen in a lot of games, since your entire conference can't even win 1 game against a single digit seed in the tournament.

But thanks for letting us know that a second place team in the Big East counts as middle of the pack, and the 9th or 10th most interesting game on our schedule is actually the most interesting.

And look on the bright side, you still have another few weeks of the regular season left before the real games start and your conference gets bent over yet again.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
A PC fan wouldn't waste his time inflating Villanova's attendance prowess. This is a Nova fan, likely the famous troll, NCAABALL. He was always obsessed how Nova stacked up against Uconn. Without Scotty Reynolds, Wright can't coach himself out of the first weekend of the dance. But he sure is dapper.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Big East NCAA Tournament Records:
  • 2015: 5-6
  • 2014: 2-4
  • 2013: 13-7
  • 2012: 14-9
Keep telling yourself the conference is good. Xavier, Butler, and Creighton have contributed more in March than Providence, Nova, and Georgetown combined. Marquette's Sweet 16 run in 2012 was a fluke with easy matchups.

Reaction Score
Jay will tell you this is because this is the best the Big East has ever been top to bottom LOL

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
An easy way to put things in perspective:

In the time since PC's last NCAA tournament win, UConn has accomplished more than all of the BE lite has in the entirety of each member school's basketball history.

Reaction Score

You should quickly add basketball perspective to your posts. Don't come here here to agitate.

Reaction Score
An easy way to put things in perspective:

In the time since PC's last NCAA tournament win, UConn has accomplished more than all of the BE lite has in the entirety of each member school's basketball history.

It's an undeniable history the last couple of decades, incredibly impressive.

Doesn't score any points for you this year on the court, but nobody can take that past away from you for sure.

Reaction Score
It's an undeniable history the last couple of decades, incredibly impressive.

Doesn't score any points for you this year on the court, but nobody can take that past away from you for sure.
How about the present, in which our somewhat dissappointing (to this point) and mediocre year will likely yield as good or better end results than anyone in the new big east?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom