Nova vs Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nova vs Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about the present, in which our somewhat dissappointing (to this point) and mediocre year will likely yield as good or better end results than anyone in the new big east?

I don't think talking about the present is something you want to do. You'll likely quickly, very quickly, revert to talking about the past.

Reaction Score
I don't think talking about the present is something you want to do. You'll likely quickly, very quickly, revert to talking about the past.

It's an undeniable history the last couple of decades, incredibly impressive.

Doesn't score any points for you this year on the court, but nobody can take that past away from you for sure.

The wraith of the mighty Seton Hall is coming again soon. You should be careful. Forget the past, which only hurts you, the future isn't so bright.
Many great teams falter but have the DNA and history that helps get them through the season and tournament. Pee See does not have this. Could it be this is the year Pee See starts to build this? History says; nope. So what are you selling that we don't already know; this is the year ? Odds are better you fail. Keep yapping about how we talk about our past but it's an intregal part of our future. Kids that play here know this and are under pressure to deliver NC's. Pee See has nothing. Pee See.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I get it. As long as nothing that happened prior to this past November has any value and since March hasn't rolled around yet (where BE lite schools will melt once again), you can claim that some stray exaggerated rankings in mid January actually mean something.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BigEast said:

lol halfway through THIS decade and we already have 2 NC's. We are one year removed from a title. Our past IS our present you facking noob. As people on this board know, I'm a fan of good trolling. Your attempts are so pathetic that I actually feel kinda bad for you as you obviously are a bit challenged, kinda like your new conference in the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
The wraith of the mighty Seton Hall is coming again soon. You should be careful.

Yeah Seton Hall. Poor ole Seton Hall. Problem is you could use a Seton Hall game or two this year.

You see the problem I see with the current.....and I'm speaking to someone with the name "Four Rings" so I know this will be a knee jerk "THE TEAM I FOLLOW WON CHAMPIONSHIPS" answer....but I'll try anyway. The problem I see with the current for UCONN is the RPI issue.

We know top 30 you are guaranteed an at-large. top 50 and you'd probably be OK. 50 and higher you are playing with fire.

When we look at the RPI of the two conferences we find half of the entire Big East conference before we even get to the first AAC team that is eligible for the tournament. Now, SMU can still certainly still help a teams RPI, but I just don't see how UCONN and Cincy get to below 50 playing this list of teams...just can't move the needle enough. And the one or two games against SMU will get drowned out by that pile of teams past 150.

Now, I personally think UCONN will win the AAC tournament. But that's a good amount of pressure if that's your only ticket in.

And once in, it becomes a seeding issue. You can certainly hope for magic of past UCONN years, there's been plenty, but the chips will be stacked against you.

Current RPI

2. Villanova (Big East)
5. Xavier (Big East)
8. SMU (AAC) - Banned
20. Providence (Big East)
44. Seton Hall (Big East)
49. Butler (Big East)
57. Tulsa (AAC)
59. UCONN (AAC)
72. Temple (AAC)
73. Cincinnati (AAC)
76. Georgetown (Big East)
90. Creighton (Big East)
119. Marquette (Big East)
144. Memphis (AAC)
152. DePaul (Big East)
154. Houston (AAC)
165. East Carolina (AAC)
180. Central Florida (AAC)
210. St. John's (Big East)
222. Tulane (AAC)
243. Central Florida (AAC)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What do you hope to gain arguing with a bunch of UConn fans? Do you enjoy fruitlessly toiling towards some goal you'll never reach?

Reaction Score
What do you hope to gain arguing with a bunch of UConn fans? Do you enjoy fruitlessly toiling towards some goal you'll never reach?

I think I'm more popular than you here, and they hate me more than anything.

Reaction Score
Yeah Seton Hall. Poor ole Seton Hall. Problem is you could use a Seton Hall game or two this year.

You see the problem I see with the current.....and I'm speaking to someone with the name "Four Rings" so I know this will be a knee jerk "THE TEAM I FOLLOW WON CHAMPIONSHIPS" answer....but I'll try anyway. The problem I see with the current for UCONN is the RPI issue.

We know top 30 you are guaranteed an at-large. top 50 and you'd probably be OK. 50 and higher you are playing with fire.

When we look at the RPI of the two conferences we find half of the entire Big East conference before we even get to the first AAC team that is eligible for the tournament. Now, SMU can still certainly still help a teams RPI, but I just don't see how UCONN and Cincy get to below 50 playing this list of teams...just can't move the needle enough. And the one or two games against SMU will get drowned out by that pile of teams past 150.

Now, I personally think UCONN will win the tournament. But that's a good amount of pressure if that's your only ticket in.

And once in, it becomes a seeding issue. You can certainly hope for magic of past UCONN years, there's been plenty, but the chips will be stacked against you.

Current RPI

2. Villanova (Big East)
5. Xavier (Big East)
8. SMU (AAC) - Banned
49. Butler (Big East)
57. Tulsa (AAC)
59. UCONN (AAC)
72. Temple (AAC)
73. Cincinnati (AAC)
90. Creighton (Big East)
144. Memphis (AAC)
152. DePaul (Big East)
154. Houston (AAC)
165. East Carolina (AAC)
222. Tulane (AAC)

I know, the numbers are against us. But somehow we we will win and Pee See won't even make the tournament. It's just destiny. Ed says to a recruit; "You know the pressure you're under as a Pee See player?" Recruit; "Ya, we need to make it all the way to the N.I.T." Ed; "Now you're talking Pee See basketball".

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

One guy hates me because I rag(ged) on him for calling for our coach to be fired in the middle of last February.
One guy hates me due to a longstanding argument on the baseball board concerning his negativity.
One guy thinks I should be banned because I posted profanity after our football team got shut out this year and hasn't let it go.
Two or three random guys I have had negative interactions with at some point here.
A few other people think I'm a .

On the contrary, let's put that against the entirety of this board for you. Notice how I at least get a few people to come to my defense. Who is in your corner? Nobody.

Reaction Score

Now, I personally think UCONN will win the AAC tournament. But that's a good amount of pressure if that's your only ticket in.

Current RPI

2. Villanova (Big East)
5. Xavier (Big East)
8. SMU (AAC) - Banned
49. Butler (Big East)
57. Tulsa (AAC)
59. UCONN (AAC)
72. Temple (AAC)
73. Cincinnati (AAC)
90. Creighton (Big East)
144. Memphis (AAC)
152. DePaul (Big East)
154. Houston (AAC)
165. East Carolina (AAC)
222. Tulane (AAC)

I may have missed it, but what team do you root for. Seems like PC or Nova.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BigEast said:
But that's a good amount of pressure if that's your only ticket in. And once in, it becomes a seeding issue. You can certainly hope for magic of past UCONN years, there's been plenty, but the chips will be stacked against you. (AAC)
Not really worried about it. Thy stacked the chips against us heavily in 2014 we were underseeded by 2 lines , and ran roughshod over the nbe standard bearer. No sweat. We can do it again.

Reaction Score

Current RPI

2. Villanova (Big East)
5. Xavier (Big East)
8. SMU (AAC) - Banned
49. Butler (Big East)
57. Tulsa (AAC)
59. UCONN (AAC)
72. Temple (AAC)
73. Cincinnati (AAC)
90. Creighton (Big East)
144. Memphis (AAC)
152. DePaul (Big East)
154. Houston (AAC)
165. East Carolina (AAC)
222. Tulane (AAC)
If you can't see how we can move the needle RPI wise you should check out those RPI projection sites. Surprised you didn't know about those.

As far as the Big East and the RPI, I agree you guys are getting the shaft. It would be way better if the NCAA used an accurate ranking system . Then all your garbage teams wouldn't make the tourney, and they would be spared the total embarrassment of their performance in it year after year. But that's not how it worked out. Sorry.

Reaction Score
One guy hates me because I rag(ged) on him for calling for our coach to be fired in the middle of last February.
One guy hates me due to a longstanding argument on the baseball board concerning his negativity.
One guy thinks I should be banned because I posted profanity after our football team got shut out this year and hasn't let it go.
Two or three random guys I have had negative interactions with at some point here.
A few other people think I'm a .

On the contrary, let's put that against the entirety of this board for you. Notice how I at least get a few people to come to my defense. Who is in your corner? Nobody.

I hate you because you can't pick up sarcasm.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Current RPI

2. Villanova (Big East)
5. Xavier (Big East)
8. SMU (AAC) - Banned
49. Butler (Big East)
57. Tulsa (AAC)
59. UCONN (AAC)
72. Temple (AAC)
73. Cincinnati (AAC)
90. Creighton (Big East)
144. Memphis (AAC)
152. DePaul (Big East)
154. Houston (AAC)
165. East Carolina (AAC)
222. Tulane (AAC)

Seton Hall, Butler ,Tulsa and perhaps another few not in NBE/AAC with current RPIs above UConn will all fall
I am not sure what you are saying about the "THE TEAM I FOLLOW WON CHAMPIONSHIPS" because the sentence is grammatically BS but if you are implying that is a team you are following, only 14 teams have multiple NCAA championship and NONE reside in the NBE

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate you because you can't pick up sarcasm.
HATE is such a immature statement - do you know Stairmaster?
I think you are a dolt but I don't hate you
Grow up

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
HATE is such a immature statement - do you know Stairmaster?
I think you are a dolt but I don't hate you
Grow up

It's cool.

I-let-my-2tvkob.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't hate you, your just a moronic fan , posting arrogant drival on another teams board,a team with which you really have no relations . That always struck me as juvenile at best and actually pretty pathetic . If your under 18 I apologize.
But if your not please go
get a real life, I'm sure it's not too late.

PS Stairmaster is okay.

Reaction Score
You are about one post away from a timeout. Talk basketball or you're gone.

I do. If someone responds and asks non basketball questions/comments, I respond likewise. If you think that's worthy of a timeout after reading these posts, feel free.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
No one enjoys snarky trolls.
I think we all understand that the AAC is an attempt to enhance the collective football presence of conference teams in an effort to better survive the realities of the P5 cash grab.
When Louisville was still a member, the AAC was a stronger basketball conference than the new Big East. It is hard to legitimately argue that now.
The statement that Big East, the poster, made about UConn choosing to leave the Big East for the AAC is a gross distortion of the truth. UConn, along with Cincy and USF, were abandoned by their fellow True Big East members and left as debris. The departure of the Catholic schools was the last death blow that killed the true Big East.

However, the future for UConn basketball is bright. Top five recruiting class for 2016 and I expect that 2017 will not be far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom