Nova Prediction Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nova Prediction Thread

Reaction Score
Yes, Nova is a tough matchup for us but so could we be for them. Let’s see if Danny tries to prevent Nova from dictating tempo. Let’s see if we can punish them with our size and on the boards? Really need Tyrese and Polley to score. I don’t think we get it done tomorrow.

Nova 74
Huskies 62

Reaction Score
No guarantees and not a make or break game but a win here would boost team psyche to the moon and set us up for a run. At the minimum it needs to go down to the wire. What happened at Nova is not acceptable.
Uconn could really use this win. We have not beaten a full strength ranked team yet.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn either wins by 4 or less OR Nova wins by 8 plus

Reaction Score
Who's guarding Gillespie? He took advantage of RJ's smaller size before- dare we try AJ on him? Maybe Tyrese? Just need someone who won't bite at the shot fakes.

I'm saying they will figure it out, UConn 74 Villanova 69

Cole has to guard someone if not Gillespie then Moore, Daniels will back him down. Hate the matchup partially because the referees let Nova get away with murder on D. Holds off screens, knees, forearms and chests more than anyone and while they are good on D the refs believe it a little too much.

Dan needs to be creative tomorrow to have a chance and we need to make a lot of shots. Won’t predict because just hate the matchup but hoping for them to make me grab some crow!

Reaction Score
Just compete and have a realistic shot to win in the final 2 minutes and I’ll be ok. Get outclassed again, and I’ll be miserable. Where home, in front of a loud, excited, starving fan base. We have practically nothing to lose. This is for seeding. Nova is playing for the conference crown. The pressures on them. If we play loose, and polley and/or Hawkins gets hot. We roll.

UConn-73
Villanova-70
Yup.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony’s comments forced me to download Twitter, make an account, so now I’ve been getting into arguments with PC fans all day.

I don’t even know what the line is on this game.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony’s comments forced me to download Twitter, make an account, so now I’ve been getting into arguments with PC fans all day.

UConn is favored by 1

Reaction Score
They remain a terrible matchup for us. I need to actually see it happen before I believe we'll beat them.
Gonna come down to if the crowd can help our role players step up enough to overcome the schematic disadvantage (or if Hurley has been able to cook up an adjustment to neutralize the advantage). The 8pm tip is a big help.

Reaction Score

UConn -1.5

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
UConn-65
Nova-63

Adama needs to win the big man matchup this time, and stay out of foul trouble. He’s the best big in the conference, and quite frankly got sond by Dixon in game 1. We can’t send doubles for him.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
@Zissou what’s the nova fans’ take on the game?

what message board do you guys use?

Reaction Score
Toss up game, edge to our fans, Hurley figures it out, we stay out of early foul trouble. Cole has found a way to strip larger players he has to guard. Nova's win streak against us works against them along with the conference championship pressures. Huskies 71 -66

Reaction Score
Looking for our A game re: effort/defense/boards-- Hopefully the crowd will get us a few calls that would normally go to Jay.

Reaction Score
That's kind of silly, we beat Auburn who held #1 longer than anyone else in the country and all they were missing was a 7 ppg scorer. Technically our only loss at full strength was against Creighton.
Far from silly. My point was "we did not beat a rank team that was not missing a key player". Facts!

Like you and everyone else, I want this team to be successful but some of us don't like the truth when someone states facts. And again, if we beat Nova tonight, it will be a statement!

Reaction Score
Looking at Nova's losses:
Baylor crushed Nova with the best defensive man to man defense that I can remember, and Nova scored 36 pts. We can't replicate that effort.
Creighton - Nova was 4 for 23 I think from 3. A godsend if we catch them on a similar cold night, but I doubt it.
Marquette beat them TWICE. Once nova was 6-11 from 3. Eleven 3 pt attempts is only half of their normal and they have games over 30 tries. We can replicate whatever Marquette has done to win. To the film room Danny.

The extra's we need on our side to win IMO.
1. Work the refs even in warmups, to call displacement on Nova down low when they throw themselves into player's chests down low. Saves fouls on us. Puts them in foul concern. Takes away their 'go to' move.
2. Martin and Whaley hit from 2 feet and in. We're the best offensive rebounding team because we miss the most bunnies and we're right there to try again padding our stats. No empty trips missing bunnies.
3. Polley & Hawkins hit a total of 5 threes or more

Nova isn't an unbeatable team, but their style execution is so unique.
I think we're going to do it! (but not enough to put my money where my mouth is)
UConn 66 Nova 62
Maybe?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom