Nova or UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nova or UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
We are tied in conference record almost half way through conference play. Both have probably 2-3 more losses than expected. Who has the better outlook for the rest of conference play and post season?

It's UConn.

(It damn well better be. )

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Nova will end up with a losing record and UConn will be a 4 seed. You pick.

Reaction Score
We are tied in conference record almost half way through conference play. Both have probably 2-3 more losses than expected. Who has the better outlook for the rest of conference play and post season?
So by this thread, if you are actually not trolling (which I don't believe), you think Nova will be playing the postseason? What tells you that Nova will make the NIT?

Reaction Score
Hurley designed our system to beatJohn's. So us. But it hasn't worked against teams like St Johns.

Reaction Score
Zissou is not a troll…posters that use their school name are not the troll’s

Reaction Score
If UConn goes 5-5 in its final 10 games (10-10 BE record), they get an at large bid as a 7-8
If Nova goes 6-5 in its last 10 games (10-10 BE record), they are an NIT team

Reaction Score
Wait, UConn just lost to St John’s…. And UConn and Nova have the same conference record.

Sounds like an open case with the result not predetermined.

You won't get anything but the truth Zissou so take it or leave it. There is no bias on the BY ever!!:eek:;)

Reaction Score
Nova will not be involved in any postseason tourney, so I’m gonna say UConn
Agreed. Uconn 7-9 seed and a first round exit is in the cards, Nova won’t be sniffing a tourney spot

Reaction Score
Collectively y’all have a few good points here, but it’s a low percentage of comments.

All things status quo, Nova looks to go 4-7 or 3-8 the rest of the way and not have post season relevance.

Nova’s remaining hope is that (1) coach hands the keys to Armstrong and that Arch finds more well earned bench time (the basketball world is perplexed at rookie coach’s starting line-up); and (2) Moore comes back healthy.

As for the BY, UConn’s losing stretch has taken the sentiment from “will we go undefeated” to “we are done”. Expected over reactions honestly.

I’d expect UConn to be over .500 the rest of the way and work to a 5 seed, maybe higher than that with a good BET.

Nova actually has a high level of talent, and with a post season rotation of 7 players and Moore back our best outlook is to be very good by the UConn game at home and then win the BET. Become your best at the right time and be dangerous.

Reaction Score
UConn is 2-4 in the month of January. How on earth is it considered trolling to ask for some dialogue comparing them to another team who has had a lot of post season success, was in the final four last year, but is also in a bit of a slump? See another post in here saying Xavier wishes they could be our rival. All summer I heard Providence is a JV team that thinks we're rivals but UConn is out of their league. "Is UConn too good for the big east" was a thread in this website 3 weeks ago...one week ago the sky was falling....now someone legit asking about team that made final four last year and has two titles in the past 7 years and they're considered "trolling" for doing it? Have the slightest bit of awareness pls

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Zissou posted this after Nova game:

Plus he posts in the Pizza thread and has Zuppardis frozen Pizzas shipped.

He earned some leeway, even if this thread topic could be slightly intentionally inflammatory . :)
Possibly even an undisclosed Arby's fan.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Collectively y’all have a few good points here, but it’s a low percentage of comments.

All things status quo, Nova looks to go 4-7 or 3-8 the rest of the way and not have post season relevance.

Nova’s remaining hope is that (1) coach hands the keys to Armstrong and that Arch finds more well earned bench time (the basketball world is perplexed at rookie coach’s starting line-up); and (2) Moore comes back healthy.

As for the BY, UConn’s losing stretch has taken the sentiment from “will we go undefeated” to “we are done”. Expected over reactions honestly.

I’d expect UConn to be over .500 the rest of the way and work to a 5 seed, maybe higher than that with a good BET.

Nova actually has a high level of talent, and with a post season rotation of 7 players and Moore back our best outlook is to be very good by the UConn game at home and then win the BET. Become your best at the right time and be dangerous.
The question I have for Nova fans is whether you have confidence the Neptune is the guy. I honestly found it to be a WTF hire when announced, a guy with one mediocre year as HC at a lower level. It made no sense to me, and puts Villanova in danger of becoming Indiana.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Zissou is fine. Been coming around here for a long time. I don't see him trolling.
Really? Even he admits he’s trolling. He’s just not a complete ass about it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This thread is from before the Butler game. It was as dumb then as it is now

...And half the replies were from after it. I don't necessarily understand why zisou would create the thread here as a nova fan on a UConn board, but the question isn't so outlandish to have elicited that response that it did.

Reaction Score
...And half the replies were from after it. I don't necessarily understand why zisou would create the thread here as a nova fan on a UConn board, but the question isn't so outlandish to have elicited that response that it did.
It's an outlandish question. UConn is fighting for getting a top 4 seed, Villanova is fighting to have a winning record to even be eligible for a postseason tournament. Not remotely comparable situations

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's an outlandish question. UConn is fighting for getting a top 4 seed, Villanova is fighting to have a winning record to even be eligible for a postseason tournament. Not remotely comparable situations

Given that we were both 4-5 in league play at the time of the original post, with UConn free falling, it just doesn't strike me as that ridiculous.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Say we finish big East at 7-11 and lose first game of BET. You think we are a tournament lock?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Say we finish big East at 7-11 and lose first game of BET. You think we are a tournament lock?
Yeah, not a good year in bball. We’d be an 8 or so. People would still say that’s great and settle for getting bounced first game

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
We beat Butler and get pretty uppity huh?
We beat Butler by 30 and Nova lost to them recently by 8. Thinking we are better than Nova doesn't make anyone uppity.

Reaction Score
Not really sure what I said to imply this but I'll bite anyway. 20 BE games so I'll just say for arguments sake it's 8-12 in the BE. That leaves us at 19-13 and squarely on the bubble.

I'd lean towards yes still in considering we'd have better wins than almost any bubble team and the committee supposedly doesn't weigh recent performance. But I think it's a fairly ridiculous hypothetical and we won't finish the regular season going anywhere close to 3-8 in the remaining games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom