Nova or UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nova or UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It’s true about the risk. The difficulty is who would have been the best candidates.

The BY this year has had threads on replacement candidates for DH. Setting aside that having those discussions is off the deep end to begin with, the candidates discussed all have their flaws. It’s not a very exciting list to me.

Who are your top 3 coaching candidates?

I didn't mean my post to come off as overly critical to Nova. I hope he succeeds for the sake of the league.

I'm a Hurley defender mainly in part because I believe in him, but also because I'm not even sure who's possibly out there.

Reaction Score
Creighton has had an easy schedule and we've had a very hard one.
They've played @Marq, @Xavier, and @us already (and Xavier twice already). Their only tough road game left is at @Providence, whereas we have at them. They have 4 games left against the bottom of the conference, while we have 3.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They've played @Marq, @Xavier, and @us already (and Xavier twice already). Their only tough road game left is at @Providence, whereas we have at them. They have 4 games left against the bottom of the conference, while we have 3.
Road games vs teams like St. Johns aren't easy. @ Nova won't be easy. Marquette and UConn in Omaha are still potential losses. I can see them losing three of those.

Reaction Score
Road games vs teams like St. Johns aren't easy. @ Nova won't be easy. Marquette and UConn in Omaha are still potential losses. I can see them losing three of those.
We have those same first 2 games left. The only reason we have an easier schedule remaining is because we have 1 less game left (basically we played the home Marquette game this week). Otherwise the schedules are more or less even, which is a far cry from "easy vs. very hard".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Personally, I have no ill will against Villanova, and I think that their being successful is good for the Big East. That said, @Zissou is rapidly becoming the RutgersAl of Big East fans.

Reaction Score
It’s true about the risk. The difficulty is who would have been the best candidates.

The BY this year has had threads on replacement candidates for DH. Setting aside that having those discussions is off the deep end to begin with, the candidates discussed all have their flaws. It’s not a very exciting list to me.

Who are your top 3 coaching candidates?
How would you rate neptunes performance? Would you be in favor of moving on if a quality coach was available? As a program that values stability they can’t be excited about moving on from a guy in the “family” after one year

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Look one post above yours…

“This is no victory lap for Nova to be in the middle of the pack with UConn under .500.

Unless Nova takes that next step up, Nova should realistically lose its NEXT 3 games. The hope is, the possibility is, that we realize the potential of our talent and we do step up a level and win some of these games”

So about as expected, and slower to get to that next step than we would have hoped for. We did lose the next three games against the top of the conference, and then a win vs the bottom of the conference. We have a lot of high talent but have not proved anything yet in stepping up to another level.

I have not given up hope on the BET and another title with the auto bud.
I hope you know this thread is only going to get better with age.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Villanova‘s stock is a hard sell.

Jay Wright has been gone for an hour and the wheels are already coming off. The team looks a mess most of the time and recruiting has already fallen off the table.

The dark days were always coming, but they’re already here. That is a really bad sign. They’ll founder for two and a half more seasons before firing Neptune and starting over again.

Reaction Score
Villanova‘s stock is a hard sell.
For the season that means we’ll finish lower than our current rank?

Maybe. I’d bet we finish higher.

Reaction Score
How would you rate neptunes performance? Would you be in favor of moving on if a quality coach was available? As a program that values stability they can’t be excited about moving on from a guy in the “family” after one year
“D” so far. Same question to you as @ConnHuskBask…. Give me 3 candidate names. It’s easy to say “someone else”.

Calipari? No
Petino? No
Few? Maybe, but not realistic.

Reaction Score
“D” so far. Same question to you as @ConnHuskBask…. Give me 3 candidate names. It’s easy to say “someone else”.

Calipari? No
Petino? No
Richard Petino may be a good fit. He seems to be doing pretty well in The Mountain West.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Calipari? No
Petino? No
I mean, all those guys have winning records, unlike your head coach…

Reaction Score
They have all had more success than DH. Would you want slick Rick or the squid?
Sadly, the percentage of this board that would say yes is quite high

Reaction Score

Calipari? No
Petino? No
Vermont coach Becker
Missouri’s gates
Penn state coach shrewsberry
Iowa state coach (too long of a name)

Reaction Score
Tomorrow is massive for this conversation. Seton Hall 9-7, UConn 8-7, Villanova 7-8. All three of those teams still have to play both of the others, that 5 seed spot is wide open.

Reaction Score
The original post was who has better outlook for post season. UConn should get into tournament with a 2-3 finish. Nova has to win the BE tournament, which will be hard for anyone to do, as all teams at the top are pretty solid.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm a Hurley defender mainly in part because I believe in him, but also because I'm not even sure who's possibly out there.

this is kind of all over the place

looks like Beard might be available now that it appears things have cleared up for him:cool:

Reaction Score
We are tied in conference record almost half way through conference play. Both have probably 2-3 more losses than expected. Who has the better outlook for the rest of conference play and post season?
@Scottobot It was actually for the rest of conference play and post season

Reaction Score
N
Tomorrow is massive for this conversation. Seton Hall 9-7, UConn 8-7, Villanova 7-8. All three of those teams still have to play both of the others, that 5 seed spot is wide open.
Nova has almost 0% chance of getting the 5 seed. They're very likely going to be underdogs in all 5 remaining games.

Reaction Score
I don't watch Nova much this year, let alone Fordham last year, but I thought it was pretty risky to hand the keys to let's face the best current program in America to a guy with 1 year of HC experience. I know he was Wrights assistant and Wright likely had some say in the matter but the platform they built, the league, recruiting ground etc. they could have made a bigger splash.
We handed our program to an assistant with no coaching experience. Will not rehash that whole thing. I was shocked we did that and did not agree with it.

Reaction Score
We handed our program to an assistant with no coaching experience. Will not rehash that whole thing. I was shocked we did that and did not agree with it.

Who did you want them to hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24