Notre Dame [will be] going down to Baylor! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame [will be] going down to Baylor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I really like Davis.
UConn type of player
Some of the best instincts I've ever seen.
But she is a lot smaller than Natalie, even if more nimble, more athletic, more BB smarts.
Achonwa will score some and her pick and roll has become a thing of beauty.
The question is how much Davis' speed and guile upset her (and ND).
I'm not sure why we are comparing these two players. They won't guard each other.

Baylor will play a few different bigs. starting Agbuke and playing Cave more and more. Cave is more suited to cover Achonwa and her cuts to the basket. Agbuke might be too clunky in her play.

Unless Agbuke is covering Braker. But the 4 inch difference is tough to overcome if she has to guard Achonwa.

Really looking forward to this game. Baylor has been surprisingly good this season. I think they have a good shot at winning. They play great defense.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why we are comparing these two players. They won't guard each other.

Baylor will play a few different bigs. starting Agbuke and playing Cave more and more. Cave is more suited to cover Achonwa and her cuts to the basket. Agbuke might be too clunky in her play.

Unless Agbuke is covering Braker. But the 4 inch difference is tough to overcome if she has to guard Achonwa.

Really looking forward to this game. Baylor has been surprisingly good this season. I think they have a good shot at winning. They play great defense.
Hey ETT, you have me off ignore. Good will power in never responding to me. But you couldn't resist a "like" when I posted Baylor had a good shot at winning.

Too funny.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hey ETT, you have me off ignore. Good will power in never responding to me. But you couldn't resist a "like" when I posted Baylor had a good shot at winning.

Too funny.

I took eveyone off of "Ignore" for the tourney, so don't let it go to your head. ;)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

True, DD, but they have a similar effect as scorers and aggressors on the inside game for their respective teams, even if they do it with different means, commensurate with their dissimilar physical characteristics.

Reaction Score
This game will not even be close. Outside of Sims Baylor has very little offense and on the contrary Notre Dame just has too many weapons for Baylor. I would be very surprised if Notre Dame did not this game quite easily.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ND is the more complete and talented team, but I find it difficult to imagine a Mulkey-coached team led by Odyssey Sims losing big in an E8 game. It could happen if Sims has to sit because of fouls, but short of that I expect Baylor to hang around in this game and make things difficult for ND.

Reaction Score
Davis stood in there for 38 minutes against Stef, and Stewie, so playing Achonwa is not a big deal. Notre Dame has to account for Davis, she has gotten better.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
ND is the more complete and talented team, but I find it difficult to imagine a Mulkey-coached team led by Odyssey Sims losing big in an E8 game. It could happen if Sims has to sit because of fouls, but short of that I expect Baylor to hang around in this game and make things difficult for ND.
In this setting, they will play too good a defense to lose big.

I'm curious to see how many flops Lil' Mulkey does and does it get ND in any foul trouble.

I always found it hysterical that many UConn fans worry so much about foul trouble but when we discuss a game like Baylor/ND it doesn't seem to come up.

What happens if Sims is in foul trouble? Bye Bye Baylor.

How about any of the big 3 for ND?

I can see Sims nullifying either Loyd or McBride, depending on who Mulkey decides she should defend. And if the other is in foul trouble?

It could be a big deciding factor. I'd be real worried about that if I was a ND fan.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Davis stood in there for 38 minutes against Stef, and Stewie, so playing Achonwa is not a big deal. Notre Dame has to account for Davis, she has gotten better.
Davis didn't defend Dolson and she won't defend Achonwa.

Reaction Score
I don't think Notre Dame will beat Baylor. I got a feeling it will not only be close, but that the pressure in the game playing at home is going to work against them. This isn't anti Notre Dame- I got a feeling they won't make it to Nashville. I could be wrong. But that's what I think.

The way ND looked this weekend I think they'll do the same thing to Baylor.

No contest.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Davis had 17 rebounds against UCONN. Unless Braker and Aconwa are better than Stewart and Dolson I expect her to have a huge game on the boards.

Davis will hold her own and will surprise a lot of people who have not watched her play up until now. She is an impressive athlete and gives a complete effort every time she hits the court. NOBODY will outwork her so Achonwa and Braker better bring all they have in this game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
We will revisit this after the game. You may be right...you may be wrong. I guess we will know tonight.

Stiper69 says "no contest"
Sawxfan says "This game will not even be close" and "Notre Dame will win by at least 20"
Hoophuskee says "Davis head-to-head vs, Achonwa will get wiped off the court" and "You're taking Davis a frosh over Achonwa???? Really? LOL"
Eric(Baylor is not top 25)sandiego says "ND by about 15."

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Wishing BU the best, but that will be one incredibly hostile environment at the Joyce Center.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wishing BU the best, but that will be one incredibly hostile environment at the Joyce Center.

I really think that is going to fuel Sims and Davis. Sims will really love it if the fans start to boo. I am not sure if ND fans are known for booing.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Gonna be a whole lotta flopping going on, going on, going on....

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Baylor penetrates how foul s will be called. Sims will get her points. Davis is tuff inside. Baylor is playing well however ND has great chemistry. ND will need to be in foul trouble and Baylor will have to shoot the ball very well. It should be a good game.

I expect ND to guard Sims much like UCONN did with better results. I like Davis but she'll look like the freshman she is. She won't get the rebounds and score like she did against UCONN.

Reaction Score
Can Baylor beat ND - yes.

A hot Sims and Davis could be enough, especially if Baylor can lock down Achonwa and/ or lloyd.

Wake up...wake up...you're hullucinating again!

Reaction Score

But now ND knows about her...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im not sure what to think this game. ND has great chemistry but has struggled. Davis will have to come up and Sims will have to be a playmaker more then a shooter. I think it will be a hard fought game. No sure ND cant lose. It is at home and a big advantage for ND. The FF will be different. The key is to get Achonwa in foul trouble. Keep her under control and ND will struggle. Baylor will need 4 players in double figures and must stay out of foul trouble to win.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Gonna be a whole lotta flopping going on, going on, going on....
funny, this came up in a thread a while back...

Goodgood said:
Just imagine a Baylor-ND game in the NCAA. What a flop fest that would be!!!!!! I bet Hollywood would sent their talent scouts to watch the game!
Goodgood, as soon as I read this, a Monty Python-like image popped into my head, with players flinching, flopping, twitching and spasming, left, right and sideways. I can hear Michael Palin doing the play-by-play - "Simms drives the lane, .. and, she's down! McBride falls sideways, as well. Now, Simms is back up again! Anachowa, for no apparent reason, just ran herself into the stanchion! Meanwhile, Robertson keeps bumping into Loyd, flailing backwards, and screaming! Coach Kim Mulkey is going bananas, and has thrown her rainbow-boa jacket at the scorer's table! Head official, John Cleese has called time-out. During the time out, Dee Kantner has been watching a tape of yesterday's UConn game, and has, retroactively, called a foul on UConn's Stef Dolson, for not flopping when a Cincy player ran smack into her and knocked her to the ground!"

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I expect ND to guard Sims much like UCONN did with better results. I like Davis but she'll look like the freshman she is. She won't get the rebounds and score like she did against UCONN.
Better results than UConn had? They held her well below her season average, she didn't score a point in the last 10 minutes of the game, and they won the game by double digits. I think Notre Dame is very good but defensively I don't think they are UConn.

Reaction Score
Three hours to go.......please let this game begin!! Can't wait to revisit this thread tomorrow am-although I'm sure it will be red-hot with comments all evening!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looking forward to this game. Go Irish... Its the only ACC team Im rooting for now. Wont break my heart if they lose tough.

You may claim it's the tourney, but I'm feeling the love in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom