Notre Dame [will be] going down to Baylor! | The Boneyard

Notre Dame [will be] going down to Baylor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I don't think Notre Dame will beat Baylor. I got a feeling it will not only be close, but that the pressure in the game playing at home is going to work against them. This isn't anti Notre Dame- I got a feeling they won't make it to Nashville. I could be wrong. But that's what I think.

Reaction Score
If I were the press or even Notre Dame I would not focus on UCONN /ND ..... I would worry and focus on a hot Baylor team. ND might not might it to the FF.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
If I were betting I would take the points- don't get me wrong! but I would be surprised if this one isn't a nail biter.

Reaction Score
You are going to see Lloyd guarding Sims at least part of the time. Allen is not physical enough to handle her the entire game. Who guards Lloyd? Wouldn't be surprised if it was Sims. Robertson can't handle her. Davis will be on McBride. It will be an interesting game; however, Notre Dame at home, with the experience of having been there, equals a 10 point win 82-72.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Baylor is solid. But Kentucky was no great shakes this season. I think ND is just too good. ND by about 15...
You may be right- I'm really looking forward to this game. When things don't go their way, I notice attitude stuff and facial expressions from some of their player that you wouldn't see with our team. Mistakes and adversity are handled differently. I think Baylor can keep this game close enough to possibly see ND unravel.

Reaction Score
You are going to see Lloyd guarding Sims at least part of the time. Allen is not physical enough to handle her the entire game. Who guards Lloyd? Wouldn't be surprised if it was Sims. Robertson can't handle her. Davis will be on McBride. It will be an interesting game; however, Notre Dame at home, with the experience of having been there, equals a 10 point win 82-72.
Sounds about right. But Sims plays really well and Robertson is on fire from 3 an upset is possible.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Davis will be on Onchanwa, Agbuke on Braker, Robertson on McBride, Sims on Lloyd and Johnson on Allen. If Robertson struggles to contain McBride don't be surprised to see Small and Wright come into the game. They are both athletic enough to stick with McBride. IMO, Cave can outplay Braker and Reimer.

Cave, who was not even ranked in the top 100 last year, had 18 points and 9 rebounds today. Davis, ranked 52, had 20 points and 8 rebounds. Not bad for a couple of players that most predicted to be non-factors this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Baylor is the 3rd best team in the tournament right now. I give ND a slight edge because of the home court advantage. I wouldn't be surprised to see the game decided in the last minute. ND but by 5 or less.

Reaction Score
Agree. ND is good enough to at least partially shut Odyssey down, and has too many weapons for Baylor to shut enough of them down. Baylor too 1-dimensional, ND by 10+

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I don't see ND in trouble until and unless it gets to UConn. I'm just really impressed with the way ND looks as the year comes to a close. Achonwa is on a mission. McBride is McBride. Their three-point shooting is there, and they are tenacious on defense. IMHO, UConn-ND in the final is a UConn win, but by very little. I'm thinking that UConn's personnel superiority will be partially negated by ND's longer bench and possibly UConn foul trouble.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I don't see ND in trouble until and unless it gets to UConn. I'm just really impressed with the way ND looks as the year comes to a close. Achonwa is on a mission. McBride is McBride. Their three-point shooting is there, and they are tenacious on defense. IMHO, UConn-ND in the final is a UConn win, but by very little. I'm thinking that UConn's personnel superiority will be partially negated by ND's longer bench and possibly UConn foul trouble.

They can be. But they allowed over 60 points a game this year and 72 today.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Baylor didn't drop off that much without Griner. I think ND wins at home.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
After digging themselves a big hole by getting down 14 in the first 4 minutes, Ok State played ND pretty even for the rest of the game. I don't expect Baylor to fall behind that big that early. Needless to say, someone other than Sims and Davis will have to score for Baylor. Today it was Cave.

ND is most vulnerable inside, including stopping dribble penetration.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
After digging themselves a big hole by getting down 14 in the first 4 minutes, Ok State played ND pretty even for the rest of the game. I don't expect Baylor to fall behind that big that early. Needless to say, someone other than Sims and Davis will have to score for Baylor. Today it was Cave.

Totally true, but to be fair, BYU played UCONN even for 25+ minutes. It was just a couple runs that put UCONN up by the 20 they ended up winning by. Not saying the game will be under 5 between ND and Baylor. It will be entertaining for sure. Just not sure anyone in the tourney is a juggernaut any longer...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Totally true, but to be fair, BYU played UCONN even for 25+ minutes. It was just a couple runs that put UCONN up by the 20 they ended up winning by. Not saying the game will be under 5 between ND and Baylor. It will be entertaining for sure. Just not sure anyone in the tourney is a juggernaut any longer...
Actually, they were up 27-21 in the first 15:19. UConn outscored them the last 24:41 by 49-24. Once pulled away and dominated. The other just went score for score to end the game. I don't see the real comparison.

And who says we have to be fair?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Johnson "quietly" had a great game with 11 pionts, 11 assists and 1 TO. Those are pretty nice stats.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Baylor is solid. But Kentucky was no great shakes this season. I think ND is just too good. ND by about 15...
Kentucky was like North Carolina - great at times and mediocre at times. They were a very inconsistent team.

Reaction Score
I don't think Notre Dame will beat Baylor. I got a feeling it will not only be close, but that the pressure in the game playing at home is going to work against them. This isn't anti Notre Dame- I got a feeling they won't make it to Nashville. I could be wrong. But that's what I think.
And then, you woke up...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Actually, they were up 27-21 in the first 15:19. UConn outscored them the last 24:41 by 49-24. Once pulled away and dominated. The other just went score for score to end the game. I don't see the real comparison.

And who says we have to be fair?
Fair enough. UCONN didn't play its' A game but BYU certainly did. Honestly, this UCONN team has yet to put together a full 40 minute game in the tourney so far. They are certainly due, and the NC game would be a great time to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom