Notre Dame struggling in Cancun (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Notre Dame struggling in Cancun (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Notre Dame lost to Florida Gulf Coast yesterday, 69-60.

They just lost to South Dakota State, 65-59. The Irish shot 37%, including 1-16 from the arc, and were out-rebounded by 51-23. Yikes!

They play South Florida tomorrow and will try to avoid an 0-3 tournament.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

They just lost to South Dakota State, 65-59. The Irish shot 37%, including 1-16 from the arc, and were out-rebounded by 51-23. Yikes!

I just realized late last night that I'm still paying Flohoops since last year for their broadcasts. It's been great watching so much ball!

Reaction Score

I could cheer that ND lost games in Tournaments but some how it make me feel terrible. ND the team to beat is being beaten. No pleasure in that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just realized late last night that I'm still paying Flohoops since last year for their broadcasts. It's been great watching so much ball!
Lol ouch. Gotta set a calendar reminder to cancel those subscriptions!

Reaction Score
I feel ND looks like last year's Tennessee. Hope the don't fire the coach ..;)
Ehh. They don't look good, but Tennessee had some legit pieces that Notre Dame does not this year. Notre Dame starts three freshmen and two players who have not played since 17-18. Tennessee on the other hand started two seniors and had two legit sophomores in Westbrook and Davis. Notre Dame is also starting Brunelle at center.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Somehow, Massey still has ND ranked 18th. They were ninth prior to yesterday’s loss! That is some statistical quirk.
Massey draws from last year's results for the early-season ratings. Takes a while for those to get fully phased out.

Reaction Score
Ehh. They don't look good, but Tennessee had some legit pieces that Notre Dame does not this year. Notre Dame starts three freshmen and two players who have not played since 17-18. Tennessee on the other hand started two seniors and had two legit sophomores in Westbrook and Davis. Notre Dame is also starting Brunelle at center.
I wonder if Brunelle wishes she had chosen UConn? :)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
There was descrepancy regarding her being offered by UConn.
I wonder if Geno wishes he had her for additional front court depth. She could plausibly have been the fifth starter on this year's UConn team.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno wishes he had her for additional front court depth. She could plausibly have been the fifth starter on this year's UConn team.
Or not. She is definitely a starter where she is now. From what Ive seen of her she is a gunner and a tad slow. Im still a fan however. ND is where she is supposed to be.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the efforts kids make for their respective schools. I love women's college basketball, period. In keeping with that passion and respect for competition... Well, I just freakin love watching Notre Dame lose in WBB and it's even better when Skylar Diggins is in the crowd. Lol, I watch the 2013 semi-final pretty often just to see her deal with that sinking sensation that UConn put the final nail in the coffin of her college career. Smh, sad but it's true. C'mon Dec 8th!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
ND can’t lose often enough. Their whole sports apparatus lives off of a 90 year old football mystique. The sense of entitlement is too much.
The players’ sense of entitlement? The kids playing for Notre Dame don’t deserve derision for making what they believe is the best college choice for them. Your hatred of ND is skewing your sense of proportion

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The 18 year old kids playing for Notre Dame don’t deserve derision for making what they believe is the best college choice for them. Your hatred of ND is skewing your sense of proportion
Who hates the kids? You’re projecting something. The athletic department has a sense of entitlement. Fact.

Frankly, I don’t know why any UConn fan should be any more caring about ND as opposef to any other program. They were our sometime rival in women’s hoops and that’s about it. No longer even a conference mate. They got into the Big East without their football when no other major football program would’ve been able to do it, getting all the benefit of conference affiliation for all their other sports without having to give up the only thing they had of value, football. If you think BC, Syracuse, Miami or VTech would’ve bolted a football league that had ND in it, highly unlikely and all the realignment followed.

Reaction Score
The players’ sense of entitlement? The kids playing for Notre Dame don’t deserve derision for making what they believe is the best college choice for them. Your hatred of ND is skewing your sense of proportion
I put a like under your post until I realized cohanzon did not say player sense of entitlement. So it was more likely a reference to the University in general.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
ND can’t lose often enough. Their whole sports apparatus lives off of a 90 year old football mystique. The sense of entitlement is too much.
Perhaps, but their fan base is deep, wide, and loyal . They travel well, show up, and stay loyal through thick and thin. As a Stanford fan with a multi-sport rivalry against the University of Dead Fake Girlfriends, I love to hate the Domers, but I do respect the heck out of them.

That said, there isn't a team (other than U$C) I'm happier to see lose. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom