Notre Dame (1) @ Tennessee - 1/24/19 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame (1) @ Tennessee - 1/24/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But one could also argue that it's "high" only if the goal is to recruit impressive athletes who happen to play basketball rather than basketball players who can shoot, have solid fundamentals, and have developed an adequate basketball IQ. This, too, is (to me, anyway) a sign of coaching that is more than a little behind.

I was focusing ...on their national rankings.............clearly they have no idea how to recruit a team with real chemistry, as you said it's more an accumulation of great athletes which is usually good enough to get them into the big dance

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Critics: Back Up Off Coach Holly Warlick, Now.

"While many are questioning the direction of Warlick's reign as head coach, the public needs to ask itself if it has truly ever permitted her tenure to grow legs of its own. With the cloud of Coach Summitt forever hanging over the Lady Vols arena, the language and social media rage of orange-blooded fans of UT and critics reveals that they are still not prepared or willing to explore the new era without looking back and referring to "what used to be"."

Plebe

Reaction Score
Really nice and poignant intro piece by Kara Lawson.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

"While many are questioning the direction of Warlick's reign as head coach, the public needs to ask itself if it has truly ever permitted her tenure to grow legs of its own. With the cloud of Coach Summitt forever hanging over the Lady Vols arena, the language and social media rage of orange-blooded fans of UT and critics reveals that they are still not prepared or willing to explore the new era without looking back and referring to "what used to be"."

The South likes to hold on to traditions. When I first moved to Alabama 34 years ago, one of the guys I met at work told me a joke about Alabama football. This was shortly after Bear Bryant died, and the memories were still fresh. My Bama friend asked if I knew how many Bama fans it took to change a light bulb. Of course I said no, and he told me it took five fans. One to actually change the bulb, and four to talk about how great the old bulb was. Just a joke, but oh so true here in the South! :rolleyes:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
My feed and audio keeps dropping out at regular intervals.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeesh. I said that Tennessee's only chance is if Notre Dame's guards have a horrible shooting night. Well, "Maybre" and "Agoon-be-wily" are a combined 0-6 to start the game.

Reaction Score
Funny thing... when I went to ESPN - Watch, and selected the ND vs TN game, I got a message about "parental controls are having a problem" or something like that... maybe a premonition of something UGLY, and not recommended for under 16, to come??

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Arike doing what she does best. Rushed shots.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa, Muffet subbed Prohaska for the ice-cold Arike after the TO, but promptly yanked the freshman and read her out as she exited the game. Probably for a missed defensive assignment that allowed Evina an open 3.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
LaVols by 3 after 1Q. ND lucky to be that close...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was sorta hoping ND would end the first quarter with 4....

Plebe

Reaction Score
We back Holly!
Four more years!

Tennessee has raised its level and Notre Dame looks more like Tennessee. Arike was 1-6 in 1Q and Mabrey was 0-3 with 2 turnovers and sat the last few minutes.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
With Mabrey, Shepard, and Arike going 2-13 combined, that could have been worse.

But now Tennessee is engaged in the game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
However: Brewing foul trouble for TN's posts: C. Green and Kushkituah both have 2 fouls.

Reaction Score
I feel like Holly would pull off this upset, then go on a mini streak in SEC play

But then disappoint at the end of the year

Reaction Score
Giving Tenn a lot of confidence at home. Could be disaster for ND

Plebe

Reaction Score
So now all 3 of Tennessee's posts have 2 fouls each (C Green, KK, and Collins).

Reaction Score
Why doesn’t Tennessee play like this every night? ...I see Notre Dame has trouble playing against zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom