Notre Dame (1) @ Tennessee - 1/24/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame (1) @ Tennessee - 1/24/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a matter of trivia, all of ND's game this year have featured a double-digit margin of victory for the winning team. The closest ND win was by 10 over Oregon State.

I thought this was a trap game until almost every forum post and preview article noted that it was a potential trap game.

Now, I almost think people are losing sight of the fact that ND is a much better team than Tennessee. ND actually is more talented than Tennessee based on the recruiting rankings, more experienced ,more consistent, more accomplished, and better coached.

I'm definitely wary of Tenn. putting together their best game of the season here. And anything can happen over a one-game sample size.

But also ND is just a much better team. ND really should win comfortably.
I couldn’t agree more. Just think it’ll play out to be closer than it should. Would be happy to have to eat my words

Reaction Score
What does she mean Tennessee athletic departments merged? Did they have separate athletic departments for different sports? Different campuses?

They had a separate athletic department for women's sports but it was merged with the men's department a few years ago

Reaction Score
Michelle didn’t get it quite right. The LV’s are not “closer to the pack.” They’re at the back of the pack now when it comes to top WBB programs.

they are behind only from a coaching standpoint.....................they continue to recruit at a remarkably high level...........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As a matter of trivia, all of ND's game this year have featured a double-digit margin of victory for the winning team. The closest ND win was by 10 over Oregon State.

I thought this was a trap game until almost every forum post and preview article noted that it was a potential trap game.

Now, I almost think people are losing sight of the fact that ND is a much better team than Tennessee. ND actually is more talented than Tennessee based on the recruiting rankings, more experienced ,more consistent, more accomplished, and better coached.

I'm definitely wary of Tenn. putting together their best game of the season here. And anything can happen over a one-game sample size.

But also ND is just a much better team. ND really should win comfortably.

Orangutan, we're being facetious here. I can't speak for everyone, but I fully expect ND to rip TN a new one, and win by at least 15-20 points (or more). Tennessee is in a tailspin right now, and ND is NOT the team to try and pull out of it against. The timing of THIS game could not be worse for TN. ND will enter this game like a shark smelling blood, and will react accordingly. I think it's going to get ugly real fast. Of course I'll be watching.

I know you understand the posture of the BY (and UConn Nation) with respect to these two programs. Neither of them should expect an invite to any UConn tea parties or social functions. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
SAT question --

Tenn:ND :: lamb: __________

(a) slaughter
(b) wolves
(c) massacre
(d) all of the above

Lamb:Kabob...Skewered!

1548359415368.png

Reaction Score
The LadyVols will struggle against ND. Why after 5 losses one believes Tenn all of a sudden are a top 5 team on the poll and will beat ND? They are reeling towards the abyss. I can see maybe Tenn coming within 18-24 points but only after Muffet takes out the starters in the 4th...even then, Tenn just can't score.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
If it were (note the subjunctive verb form, indicating a condition contrary to fact) possible, one would savor the following outcomes:

1) ND would prevail by 36 points,
2) Our Lady of Lost Composure would be evicted from the court with two unsportsmanlike conduct fouls,
3) MM would actually remember Westbrook's name when commenting on her fine play, and would even utter it at the postgame presser,
4) HW would mumble at length without ever saying "I don't know" or "I have no idea".
5) ND would, in the spirit of parity, also lose to TN.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
SAT question --

Tenn:ND :: lamb: __________

(a) slaughter
(b) wolves
(c) massacre
(d) all of the above

E) Like piranhas on a roast. With catsup.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
they are behind only from a coaching standpoint......they continue to recruit at a remarkably high level......
You can have the best talent in the world, and it doesn't matter if they don't play as a team. My point simply was the LV's are not closer to the pack as Michelle Voepel suggests. Right now they are not a good basketball team, They are going to be watching the Big Dance on TV come March.

Reaction Score
If Notre Dame plays their sometimes matador defense,Tenn. is capable of scoring 80 points. Notre Dame's fast break will however score at least 95 points on the hapless voles.Plebe's favorite irish person is capable of going off for 40 against this version of Knoxville's finest.:)

Reaction Score
I think Tennessee will come within 20 pts vs ND... they always seem to play hard vs them.... of course they have no offense so they must hit the shots they take at a good percentage and hope that their defense makes up for any offensive shortcomings

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The only way other then injury's Tenn comes close is if they bring in their patented foul trouble and the no foul ND team gets a taste of their own medicine and the fouls go in Tenn favor 40-5 and of course Tenn can make them

Reaction Score
I think that ND will lead by about 25-30 by the 4th quarter and the LV would cut it down to about 15 by the end of the game to lose "respectively".
What I hope is, that TN wins the game so UConn goes up to number 2 and Holly's job is saved....

Reaction Score
You can have the best talent in the world, and it doesn't matter if they don't play as a team. My point simply was the LV's are not closer to the pack as Michelle Voepel suggests. Right now they are not a good basketball team, They are going to be watching the Big Dance on TV come March.

I agree...................my point was that if they ever were smart enough to get the right coach in there they would still be a very formidable program...................

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
they are behind only from a coaching standpoint......they continue to recruit at a remarkably high level......

But one could also argue that it's "high" only if the goal is to recruit impressive athletes who happen to play basketball rather than basketball players who can shoot, have solid fundamentals, and have developed an adequate basketball IQ. This, too, is (to me, anyway) a sign of coaching that is more than a little behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom