Notes/Quotes from Dec. 16: Ollie talks Catholic Seven and Finals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notes/Quotes from Dec. 16: Ollie talks Catholic Seven and Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to dredge up the past, but he mentions the academic counselor... is that something new or something UCONN has had for a long time? If it's new, it's a great idea as a way to keep the kids on track academically....
I'm surprised you don't know that. The UConn men's basketball team has had an academic counselor for a long time. Ted Taigen was it for a long time until a few years ago when Felicia Crump took over. Taigen used to sit on the bench for every home game and some away games. You'd probably recognize him. Here's an article with a picture of him in it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sioncampus/10/13/uconn.taigen/index.html

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
what do you mean 'people'. that's like lumping you and HFD together and suggesting all the admins are the same.

Whaler is a needling arse and will debate anything for the sake of debating, and then tell you he's not.

All admins certainly arent the same. Fishy revels in pessimism. HFD is slightly more optimsistic.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we are ! biked up the ass hard fellas. we are going to play bball games vs holy cross and fball games vs central ct. we are sosososososososososososo its not even funny. the nbe on uconn, ccsu, hc and albandy is oing to destroy us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
All admins certainly arent the same. Fishy revels in pessimism. HFD is slightly more optimsistic.

Incorrect.

I tell you the truth and Dan is just really, really drunk.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm surprised you don't know that. The UConn men's basketball team has had an academic counselor for a long time. Ted Taigen was it for a long time until a few years ago when Felicia Crump took over. Taigen used to sit on the bench for every home game and some away games. You'd probably recognize him. Here's an article with a picture of him in it.

Cool thanks. I did not know that. I figured they probably must have, but i guess i never paid enough attention...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Wasn't there a gap after Taigen left the role and before he was replaced? I thought that was part of how things began to slip in the monitoring department.

Also, a sunrise means that we are on a spinning top with no beginning or end.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Incorrect.

I tell you the truth and Dan is just really, really drunk.

If you are accurate, then I can't handle the truth....Im going to need to find some drinking buddies to get plastered with...

Reaction Score
If kevin Ollie said "we should play basketball with a football in a rollerskating rink," 90% of the posters here would be fawning over how "inciteful" his comments were and how we are so lucky to have him. The sugary postings here are worse than the ones made by 14 year old girls about Justin Beiber. We get it. You guys love Ollie whether he can coach or not, whether he drives the program off a cliff or not. You have a collective man-crush on him that is worse than anyhting you ever had on Calhoun. Calhoun set him up, so he must be right. But please stop the schoolgirl crushes. it is really getting embarrassing...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If kevin Ollie said "we should play basketball with a football in a rollerskating rink," 90% of the posters here would be fawning over how "inciteful" his comments were and how we are so lucky to have him. The sugary postings here are worse than the ones made by 14 year old girls about Justin Beiber. We get it. You guys love Ollie whether he can coach or not, whether he drives the program off a cliff or not. You have a collective man-crush on him that is worse than anyhting you ever had on Calhoun. Calhoun set him up, so he must be right. But please stop the schoolgirl crushes. it is really getting embarrassing...
Please tell me what he said here that was wrong.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a gap after Taigen left the role and before he was replaced? I thought that was part of how things began to slip in the monitoring department.

Also, a sunrise means that we are on a spinning top with no beginning or end.

Nope, he was there during the "troubles." What he could have done about players transferring out mid-semester or players leaving for the pros is anyone's guess. Why did he leave? Forced out? Wanted to move onto other things? Was unwilling to institute the types of policies UConn has now? These are my questions. Since he's not retired, I'd guess his reasons were either the second or the third, but it's very telling that he was replaced with administrative staff and not faculty.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One of the things people brought up before this season even began, and certainly when he first received the position, was how KO would approach the media. There was criticism of his frequent references to G-d. There was criticism of his saying y'all constantly. There was criticism of his going to street talk. It bothered some, others not as much.

But it was a source of contention along with his inexperience. People wanted to know if he was able to be an X's and O's coach, if he could get his kids to push themselves, and if the kids could improve over the season. And they wanted to know if he could be a face for UConn. S0 evaluating his comments are important, and not a man crush as you imply. Of course we could all be looking at the RU coach as our model.

KO is obviously a quick learner. Someone is giving him feedback, and he works on it quickly and effectively. That shouldn't be overlooked by anyone. It is a positive trait, one of which I could critically make the claim you lack.

Reaction Score

If Freescooter said his dick was on fire, 90% of you would be checking under his hat rather than under his belt.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not to mention, the gnikcvf genius criticizing him here believes--ironically--that "insightful" takes its root from "incite."

And he has a disturbing obsession with Justin Beiber and 14-year old girls.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If Freescooter said his dick was on fire, 90% of you would be checking under his hat rather than under his belt.
I guess I wouldn't be one of the 90%. I'd be checking RMoore1999's avatar instead.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know you are saying something good. I wish I knew what.
"beverage out the nose"

I was taking a drink of water while I read your post, and I started laughing, causing BOTN.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
"beverage out the nose"

I was taking a drink of water while I read your post, and I started laughing, causing BOTN.
It must have been still coming out cause from this end BOTN was garbled.:) I google it and this is the best I got:

Acronym​
Definition​
BOTN​
Back Of The Net​
BOTN​
Back of The Neck​
BOTN​
Back of the Napkin (Dan Roam book)
BOTN​
Best on the Net​

Curiouser
Reaction Score
22620_ever_blow_fav_beverage_nose_xlarge.jpeg

Reaction Score
So nickel - dime whaler. Trivial isn't even the word for it. You're ok but come on.

C

Chief00

For someone so positive, interesting observation from KO in the last sentence.

Ollie on final exam week: “I think the guys did very very well on their final exams. Hopefully get a good report back from (academic counselor) Felicia (Crump) so we’ll have something positive to give to (athletic director) Warde (Manuel). There’s not a lot of positive things going on around here, so that will be good to put a smile on his face with that one.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom