Notes/Quotes from Dec. 16: Ollie talks Catholic Seven and Finals | The Boneyard

Notes/Quotes from Dec. 16: Ollie talks Catholic Seven and Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
We need more KO, and less WM, in front of the cameras. Also, as simple as statement as

"but we have to figure out what we’re going to do. And I think we’re going to do that soon. I know we’re working very, very hard and our president and AD will get us in the best situation."

at least gives you hope. Is it really that hard SH, WM?

Reaction Score
His ability to say the right thing is uncanny.
Agree a 100%. KO is a class guy. I've yet to hear him say anything that embarrasses himself or the university. If anything he has a way of making bad situations not seem so bad. I just love this guy!

D

Deleted member 3149

Kevin Ollie is what is keeping this program together. Say what you want, but his confidence and ability to motivate is what will make the huskies fun to watch for the next 20 years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm fine with Ollie - but if you actually read the quote about the Catholic schools he contradicts himself within two sentences.

“I don’t a feeling towards it" - assuming that means "I don't have a feeling towards it"

and two sentences later

"We will miss them"

Reaction Score
I'm fine with Ollie - but if you actually read the quote about the Catholic schools he contradicts himself within two sentences.

“I don’t a feeling towards it" - assuming that means "I don't have a feeling towards it"

and two sentences later

"We will miss them"
smh

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

and two sentences later

"We will miss them"
He changed his mind in mid sentence. Outside of HFD, most of use check what we write before posting so we look like geniuses. I like KO and his style. I can only imagine what the polished gem will be in five years.

Reaction Score

and two sentences later

"We will miss them"
funny... you contradict yourself in less than 2 sentences. really you are good with ollie, and thats what you point out.

We'll miss them?

find something real to point out

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
funny... you contradict yourself in less than 2 sentences. really you are good with ollie, and thats what you point out.

We'll miss them?

find something real to point out

Please let me know where I contradicted myself. I like Ollie and support him. I was merely replying to the thread that was making his statement out to be something insightful when in fact he said nothing and contradicted his opening statement twice in two sentences.

He said he doesn't have a feeling and then he said we'll miss them. I'm pretty sure that missing them is a feeling - unless that is your argument that it isn't.

Reaction Score
Please let me know where I contradicted myself. I like Ollie and support him. I was merely replying to the thread that was making his statement out to be something insightful when in fact he said nothing and contradicted his opening statement twice in two sentences.

He said he doesn't have a feeling and then he said we'll miss them. I'm pretty sure that missing them is a feeling - unless that is your argument that it isn't.
you're point was stupid. he said there were no feelings. then he said they'll miss them which is a polite way of saying don't let the door hit you on the way out.
if you really like him why bother with that trivial crap. that's not support

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you're point was stupid. he said there were no feelings. then he said they'll miss them which is a polite way of saying don't let the door hit you on the way out.
if you really like him why bother with that trivial crap. that's not support

Ok. I'll spell it out. Manuel and Herbst get killed for not saying the right thing. The first few posts in this thread gave Ollie credit for saying the right thing. I fully agree that the leadership never says the right thing - but let's not make a big deal about what Ollie said when he actually said nothing.

What he said is fine - but let's actually consider what people say, not just who says it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok. I'll spell it out. Manuel and Herbst get killed for not saying the right thing. The first few posts in this thread gave Ollie credit for saying the right thing. I fully agree that the leadership never says the right thing - but let's not make a big deal about what Ollie said when he actually said nothing.

What he said is fine - but let's actually consider what people say, not just who says it.
Were you and Warde classmates in logic and public speaking classes?

In context, it is clear to any reasonable reader that he meant what we understand as "no strong feeling one way or the other." He went on to explain this further for others, like you, who needed more context. While he misses them and hates to see them go, he understands that they did what they felt was best for them, and we need to do the same.

Clear now?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You people could argue over the meaning of a sunrise.

Ollie was just talking. Half of what we say is intended to buy us time to figure out what we'll say next. It wasn't a typed statement, it was conversation. He'll miss the Big East schools.

Ain't no rocket science there.

Actually, he might have said the first truly honest thing anyone in this mess has said - "There's not a lot of positive things going on around here..."

The tin foil hat crowd on the Realignment board will have trouble fitting that into their theory about our secret Big 1G talks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Were you and Warde classmates in logic and public speaking classes?

In context, it is clear to any reasonable reader that he meant what we understand as "no strong feeling one way or the other." He went on to explain this further for others, like you, who needed more context. While he misses them and hates to see them go, he understands that they did what they felt was best for them, and we need to do the same.

Clear now?

Sure then don't start with I don't have a feeling towards it. He contradicted himself. No reason to be so upset about having it pointed out.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Sure then don't start with I don't have a feeling towards it. He contradicted himself. No reason to be so upset about having it pointed out.

who cares?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The tin foil hat crowd on the Realignment board will have trouble fitting that into their theory about our secret Big 1G talks.

I'm thinking we could convince Rutgers or Maryland or the BiG to pay UConn $250,000 to take that hairdressing school or directional Michigan slot on their August Calendars. Maybe catch a couple BiG teams sleeping at Yankee Stadium on August 30.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not to dredge up the past, but he mentions the academic counselor... is that something new or something UCONN has had for a long time? If it's new, it's a great idea as a way to keep the kids on track academically....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Actually, no reason for you to be upset enough to point anything out, because there is no contradiction if you understood what he said, which most readers would. Your obsession has caused you to strain context to find an inconsistency that doesn't exist.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually, no reason for you to be upset enough to point anything out, because there is no contradiction if you understood what he said, which most readers would. Your obsession has caused you to strain context to find an inconsistency that doesn't exist.

Yep. He didn't contradict himself. If you ignore the meaning of words you can sell that.

The inconsistency I speak of is the posters on this board. That is what is uncanny.

Reaction Score

I like you. But your posts are the stupidest, most annoying and by far the biggest waste of my time. but I do support you.

thanks for spelling it out. But let me explain something to you. Ollie's job is not to be the face of Uconn regarding realignment. He coaches the BB team. He is the face of the men's bb team. you tell him what the schedule is, when to show up, and that's it. The fact he is saying anything is simply to toe the company line which he did. Any comparison to the frustration exhibited towards Herbst and Warde due to the lack of their leadership has nothing to do with what Ollie does.

To be clear, Warde's job is to run the athletic department. Herbst runs the school. They are the leaders that we will succeed or fail with regarding alignment. Again, in case you need me to spell it out, Ollie has no say in this. Critiquing his words, like responding to your posts is a monumental waste of time.

But, again, I do support you.

Reaction Score
You people could argue over the meaning of a sunrise.

Ollie was just talking. Half of what we say is intended to buy us time to figure out what we'll say next. It wasn't a typed statement, it was conversation. He'll miss the Big East schools.

Ain't no rocket science there.

Actually, he might have said the first truly honest thing anyone in this mess has said - "There's not a lot of positive things going on around here..."

what do you mean 'people'. that's like lumping you and HFD together and suggesting all the admins are the same.

Whaler is a needling arse and will debate anything for the sake of debating, and then tell you he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom