Not sweating this season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Not sweating this season

Reaction Score
Hurley still has a leap to make. He flipped two programs, but is 7-8 in conf tourneys and has won one NCAA game against the deadest team that has ever been an at-large.

It’s all about who he can recruit and things have gone well so far. It’s not like the old days though - thinking you are penciling guy in at some point in the future is a fool’s errand
he won 2 ncaa games

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
. It’s all about who he can recruit and things have gone well so far.

That. It's by far and away our biggest issue. Outside of conference of course.

I mean, it should go without saying, but despite the semi-prevailing belief on here, you can't win without talent.

Who wants to be Hickory High anyway?

Reaction Score
nobody can miss a joke worse than what @Mano laid on @Pudge earlier. i would have made it myself but pudge would have gotten upset w me even though it was in fun jest

You are a Legend ... in your own mind.

I’m sure you think you’ve killed this career.

Reaction Score
No matter how you look at our season, remember: it's just one more step back to the mountain top ! Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Pinot Gris. This was my first winter in Atlanta and it's already white wine season; love it.

@8893 just sitting on my front porch, it’s almost 70 degrees; I heard y’all are getting snow.

Bless your hearts.

Cheers!
4C86C1C1-8522-430D-8CD8-8513B7B4FCDC.jpeg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are a Legend ... in your own mind.

I’m sure you think you’ve killed this career.

see i told you.

btw this doesn’t make any sense

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Many posters had the Annual T/F & why dead wrong. I personally thought we’d be on the bubble as a tournament team. It never crossed my mind we’d miss the NIT and be in 10th place. Why?

Hurley himself should be worth a couple wins over KO, if we got the guy we think we needed.

Jalen as a Senior should have been stellar.

Projected a mostly healthy AG. Huge to have a point guard vs last year.

The debut of Sid, who most here, were very sad he picked ST Johns. Could he have been freshman of the year. He needs work & a shot. Who knew?

No Mama or Yawke. Terrible luck. Mamas got glass knees & never delivered Hami. That’s the daily double.

This season stinks.

We have 3 very solid recruits. If Hurley can control his childlike temper & prove he’s not allergic to Centers, maybe next year brings the bubble talk.

Imagine a blood blue praying for a NCAA birth. We’ve hit hard times.

Reaction Score
I gotta throw in with Fishy on this one. AG started to seriously show his leadership and a major set of 'nads in the 2nd half against Cincy and last night just cemented the deal. Can't wait to see him with a bunch more talent on the team.
Is there a “resentful like” option?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How much of that do you suggest falls on him?
We’ll know next year. Then I will say 20% if we say it yet again. In regards to ko I wish we had a chillious type before his one year as Miller was getting old and Moore was too green. A poor decision that may have had ko bummed to carry the recruiting load as well. There must be a book someday about that whole past regime. School Pres. Warde. Conference. Etc.

Reaction Score
All good but AAC might be “deeper “ but top isn’t close to being as good. Couldn’t touch SMU, WSU, Cincy last year yet have 2 wins and 3 other close calls in those 6. Lack of closing talent both years without Jalen.
Yes. We’re in the cellar and that’s what makes it deeper. No more than 2 ranked teams once season started and Houston is 8 with best record in college. Any legit p5 will wax them in the tournament. It’s all Sampson who I hope gets some coach of the year love.

Reaction Score
Many posters had the Annual T/F & why dead wrong. I personally thought we’d be on the bubble as a tournament team. It never crossed my mind we’d miss the NIT and be in 10th place. Why?

Hurley himself should be worth a couple wins over KO, if we got the guy we think we needed.

Jalen as a Senior should have been stellar.

Projected a mostly healthy AG. Huge to have a point guard vs last year.

The debut of Sid, who most here, were very sad he picked ST Johns. Could he have been freshman of the year. He needs work & a shot. Who knew?

No Mama or Yawke. Terrible luck. Mamas got glass knees & never delivered Hami. That’s the daily double.

This season stinks.

We have 3 very solid recruits. If Hurley can control his childlike temper & prove he’s not allergic to Centers, maybe next year brings the bubble talk.

Imagine a blood blue praying for a NCAA birth. We’ve hit hard times.
Good call on centers. Is Tristan the only one he has had?

Reaction Score
Things will get better. Will we ever get back to old standards? That's debatable. Hurley will get us competitive soon though. It will take patience though. I'm a Browns fan who waited 20 years to be respectable again so I understand patience more than most here perhaps. Sucks to eat it for a few years but it's a necessary evil. Year 3 or 4 will bear fruit. It's a total rebuild from a pogram builder. Overreacting to every bad loss is natural as a frustrated fan, but taking the long view is beneficial to your health. We are in better hands now. We just need to be patient and let it play out. Not easy sometimes I know.

Reaction Score
If we don’t get at least 1 more quality big to go with Carlton, next year will be the same as this, and 2 players would be better. We’re losing Jalen’s 18 points per game. Maybe Akok can play and score but can he battle inside?

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Losing games with your “best” player out for the last 1/4 of the season only helps recruiting. If they couldn’t win with Adams the coaching is questioned a lot more. They will probably get 1 more decent recruit. That should be a good start but this will take some years to build.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom