NOT A DIME BACK | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NOT A DIME BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Against this schedule? 8-4. I don't think that was unrealistic.
Didn't expect to win all, but after beating the best team on the schedule (Louisville) & beating a team that lost to the ONLY undefeated DI school in the nation in triple OT, I think that shows that every game was winnable.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have been doing a lot of thinking. right now i would take gdl gone for skip as oc. he has been oc at major schools before and done well. hes a ct guy and he not only has ties in new england but all along the coast and florida especially. he is recruiting well the past couple years and he can handle a d1 offense as long as bj daniels isn't near the stadium. its no secret he had a qb crisis the past couple years which led to his ruff time as usf. we have a rising qb in whitmer and depth thru recruit classes with cochran and lagow(verbal right now). so i'm not worried about qb with him. hell he could even bring a few of his recruits...skip for gdl could be the change this team needs. with skip being a young guy familair with uconn he could plug right in and help develope day and wholley as well. p can groom skip a bit more connections wise which is all p is good for these days. am i tripping here or does this actually make sense?

brown brings energy for the kids and they feed off it, p and gdl dont. as a hc i can live with it if the oc also brings the heat. skip can do that. hes outspoken and knows what uconn fans digg. i can't believ it has come to me saying this . maybe skip and his HC expierence will call the time outs for us 2. F*#*!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Skippy was born in Windham Hospital.

He needs to come back home, defeat GDL in armed combat and take control of this offense*.

* Until the end of next season when we demand that he's fired along with P and everyone else who draws a paycheck in the athletic department.

Reaction Score
So you're going to stop attending bball games because you want everybody fired? How are the B1G and ACC supposed to judge our fan base? Are they going to assume we're a bunch of whiners that stomp our feet and don't spend money when things don't go our way? That will really make us attractive. If you really want to support the team you go to watch them play, end of story. Nobody listens to silence and that's the result of a boycott. Boycotts don't work, and I wouldn't want an AD that makes his decisions based on public sentiment. The reason WM is AD is because he knows a lot more about this than the general public, otherwise you'd be AD. If you want to shout from the rooftops that you want P and GDL fired or even better KO extended, more power to you, but I don't think denying guys like KO, Shabazz and company your support is the best way to go about it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So you're going to stop attending bball games because you want everybody fired? How are the B1G and ACC supposed to judge our fan base? Are they going to assume we're a bunch of whiners that stomp our feet and don't spend money when things don't go our way? That will really make us attractive. If you really want to support the team you go to watch them play, end of story. Nobody listens to silence and that's the result of a boycott. Boycotts don't work, and I wouldn't want an AD that makes his decisions based on public sentiment. The reason WM is AD is because he knows a lot more about this than the general public, otherwise you'd be AD. If you want to shout from the rooftops that you want P and GDL fired or even better KO extended, more power to you, but I don't think denying guys like KO, Shabazz and company your support is the best way to go about it.

i want ppl hired, not fired in bball. ppl in the seats dont matter vs tv viewers. this is a game in nyc. my seats will have ppl in thme and i will watch 2night with my 2 . i think uconn will survive that just fine. hire ko, hire geno, fire the football ppl.

Reaction Score
My biggest frustrations with WM don't even involve football coaching. I can see why he'd want to give a guy 3-4 years, and it makes logical sense, whether we want him to in this case or not. With all the current turbulence and uncertainty, sign KO to a longer deal already. It doesn't have to be a life time deal, but extend him to 4-5 years. He should be able to get that contract done with reasonable terms and personally I think it'll be announced during Christmas break, but until then I'll bitch about it. Also, schedule somebody in football for crying out loud. Right now the only sure thing about our 2014 schedule is a list of teams that won't be on it. Get those two things accomplished and holding onto P for another year won't bother me as much, but right now I wonder what he's doing to collect a paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom