Northeastern to fully open in fall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Northeastern to fully open in fall

Reaction Score
BC also. With an acknowledgment that it's partly due to financial reasons.

Boston College intends to be open for on-campus classes as scheduled on Aug. 31, President William Leahy wrote to the school community Tuesday.

University leaders and officials have looked at the challenges for returning to classes at its Chestnut Hill campus over the past several weeks — a process that will continue on, “mindful educational needs and desires of students and their parents, concerns about protecting the health of our entire community, and economic realities facing American higher education,” Leahy wrote in a letter.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I did not know Lyin' Leahy was still around.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's already been happening. Many small non-elite private colleges have gone out of business the last few years and many are teetering on the edge. I'm sure this pandemic hasn't helped those that were already teetering.
I think it may force out the fringe players, or force them away from a traditional bricks and mortar role. The more interesting question is what does that do to the market. Let's slots should support a higher tuition pricing but I have to believe that we are close to hitting the upper limit on that on a price vs earning capacity analysis. To me the growth area will be one or two year degrees that open traditionally "blue collar" opportunities. I haven't thought about it enough to define what that might be but I think there is a niche for shorter lower cost programs that vet out people who will be viewed by employers as a less risky hire by virtue of that training.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom