NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 12 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish her well but I would have preferred that she was a little more gracious about her departure. I think that's the reason many here don't extend to her the same goodwill they do for other departures.
I am not familiar with AEH departure but remember she was fresh out of high school and very young. So far so I know she has never said anything disrespectful toward UConn or Geno since she has been at MSST, if she had I would expect Vic would cut that off quickly. I hope she continues to grow both as a human being and a basketball player.

Reaction Score
I was very surprised that AEH got 32 minutes yesterday. I didn't notice her much in the second half. One thing I did notice about her is it looks like she is enjoying playing at MSU.

Reaction Score
Good point; I didn't peek at that
Vic has not gone in for the positionless BB yet, as such AEH primary duties are defense and outside scoring. Funny we all expect she would have immediate success outside shooting and struggle with defense. IMHO she is struggling with outside shooting and playing well on defense ( If she were not playing well on defense she would not be playing much for Vic). She can really help MSST if her outside shooting improves, she needs to consistently hit the outside shots when she is wide open.

Reaction Score
Vic has openingly expressed how pleased with AEH's performance on the court and how well she has fit in with the team off the court. He has said that AEH has successfully filled the void left by Chloe Bobby's injury, and will continue to be part of the starting 5. (fromy perspective, Vic is giving AEH the freedom to shoot the 3 and find her stroke. People need to remember that this is essentially AEH's freshman year, given her extremely limited time on the court last season at UCONN.)

Reaction Score
Vic has openingly expressed how pleased with AEH's performance on the court and how well she has fit in with the team off the court. He has said that AEH has successfully filled the void left by Chloe Bobby's injury, and will continue to be part of the starting 5. (fromy perspective, Vic is giving AEH the freedom to shoot the 3 and find her stroke. People need to remember that this is essentially AEH's freshman year, given her extremely limited time on the court last season at UCONN.)
I do not think AEH and/or Bre Scott have filled the void left by Bibby’s Injury, neither of those players bring the physicality of Bibby and neither has the consistent outside shot of Bibby. I have doubts that we have a total replacement for Bibby but it appears to me both Jazz and Danberry have step up their physical play and outside shooting. AEH is getting wide open looks and missing those shots and that means opponents can sag in on Tee. If AEH can shoot like she did in the intramural game MSST had to start the season (I believe she was high scorer with 35 points) then we become a awesome team. To me it is a matter of confidence and todate AEH has not shown me consistency in her outside shooting. Tournament time is just around the corner and it would be a great time to regain her stroke!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Who transfers 2/3 of the way thru the regular season? (other than the Drew kid quite a few years ago from North Carolina to UCLA when he lost his starting job to Kendall Marshall) That is just so lame.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Memphis is a hot mess.
@DaBball Copyrighted material deleted IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN
Please attribute your source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

I agree, the refs are allowing obvious fouls against big post to get out of hand. I am all for physical play but extreme hard fouls must be called. Last night MSST Ole Miss game is a prime example, two Ole Miss players tackled Tee out of bounds, the refs called a double foul because Tee grabbed one of them to lessen her fall. Every game Tee get knocked down at least two times. Refs need to stop this now before a serious injury occurs.

Reaction Score
interesting article on high school player transfers which have become rampant:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think this went unmentioned in the games thread last night. Utah standout Fr. Dre'una Edwards went down with an apparent knee injury in the first quarter against Washington.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjkh6vng9PgAhUKyYMKHW0zDygQxfQBMAB6BAgAEAM&url=https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2019/02/23/utah-womens-basketball/&usg=AOvVaw2QkwB2L-dtLHmX_FZkexLs

Ahhh. That stinks. She was one of the front runners for PAC-12 FOY

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think this went unmentioned in the games thread last night. Utah standout Fr. Dre'una Edwards went down with an apparent knee injury in the first quarter against Washington.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjkh6vng9PgAhUKyYMKHW0zDygQxfQBMAB6BAgAEAM&url=https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2019/02/23/utah-womens-basketball/&usg=AOvVaw2QkwB2L-dtLHmX_FZkexLs
Ugh, that's really awful.
Edwards has had a fantastic season. She was the front-runner for Pac-12 FOY.
Thanks for sharing but wow what a bummer. :(

Edit to add: Edwards has won 5 Pac-12 Freshman of the Week awards (including the most recent one). That's more than any other Pac-12 freshman. The other freshmen who have won it more than once are Arizona's Cate Reese (3 times) and Utah's Dru Gylten (twice).

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This has truly been the year of the knee injury. Just terrible how many players and teams have been affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom