Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
I've seen Blakes play a few times and she's improved her outside shooting markedly over the years.
ND offered her early on and I believe Blakes took an unofficial visit to South Bend, but interest on one side, the other (or both) seemed to wane.

She's got a very good coach (who was a teammate of Chris Daily at Rutgers) who runs a disciplined program that still allows the kids to push it offensively (and have fun). I could see her a lot of places, but I keep coming back to Vandy or staying home in Rutgers.
She appears to be at UCLA today (posted a photo of Rodeo Drive), and I would expect her to visit Stanford while she's out there. That would leave only Tennessee and Wisconsin from her final-seven list, and she still has time to visit them. She has said she is using her official visits to take a second look at the schools on her list. That seems smart.

I agree with your assessment except Indiana worries me a bit, too. I'm usually not confident about recruiting because I don't want to be disappointed, but, for some unknown reason, I feel good about getting Blakes.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She appears to be at UCLA today (posted a photo of Rodeo Drive), and I would expect her to visit Stanford while she's out there. That would leave only Tennessee and Wisconsin from her final-seven list, and she still has time to visit them. She has said she is using her official visits to take a second look at the schools on her list. That seems smart.

I agree with your assessment except Indiana worries me a bit, too. I'm usually not confident about recruiting because I don't want to be disappointed, but, for some unknown reason, I feel good about getting Blakes.
And I feel she's staying home.

Reaction Score
Jaloni Cambridge in Gainesville according to, I believe, her brother’s IG.

IMG_5830.jpeg

Reaction Score
Maybe you need to change the marinade and/or sauce?;) (Lose the cigs...please).

However, the name Avery Howell certainly would've been right and tight in The Triad region.
We need NIL money. Plain and simple.

Reaction Score

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Collen getting in late in the game. Interesting.

I have not been following too closely. Perhaps Collen getting desperate or changing course if she believes PG Jaloni Cambridge is gonna select Ohio State or LSU (or South Carolina?) before ever visiting Baylor . . .

Reaction Score
I have not been following too closely. Perhaps Collen getting desperate or changing course if she believes PG Jaloni Cambridge is gonna select Ohio State or LSU (or South Carolina?) before ever visiting Baylor . . .
I could be wrong but I suspect Cambridge is gonna end up deciding between Ohio St/LSU. SC could obviously still pick her up but they also have a highly rated PG already committed so while I'm sure it would be a luxury to add her, its not really a need at this point.

Ironically her last two visits in November are Ohio St/LSU. She just finished visiting Florida this weekend. Rumor on the street she probably won't announce until December/January

Reaction Score
Is not. It is often, really usually, said sincerely.
Redneck comedians made a thing out of this saying and others a couple decades ago and true Southerners actually do get off on that kind of bumper sticker / t-shirt southernness.

It usually is sincere though in real life, I agree, except for folks who adopted it from bumper stickers and movies.

The slow substitution over time of actual regionalism for commercial kitsch is depressing.

Reaction Score
Collen getting in late in the game. Interesting.
From what I am hearing Jaloni is visiting Baylor again this fall for an official visit. There is obviously a lot of competition to get Jaloni and she could certainly choose another school. Nicki has always been looking at other players and not solely focusing on Jaloni. Danielle previously played on team with our freshman post player. Other 2024 PGs have visited Baylor. Nicki would definitely love to get Jaloni’s commitment but knows that nothing is a given.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She must want to get as far away from San Antonio as possible . . .

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
She must want to get as far away from San Antonio as possible . . .

Yea..

A little surprised there are zero Texas teams. Some kids just want to get away for college though and there is nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
Yea..

A little surprised there are zero Texas teams. Some kids just want to get away for college though and there is nothing wrong with that.
Adhel Tac (Hoopgurlz 33) also has a finalist list that doesn't include any Texas teams. All Southeastern US located: UNC, Louisville, Georgia and SCar. (OK maybe Louisville is not really Southeastern)

Reaction Score
Adhel Tac (Hoopgurlz 33) also has a finalist list that doesn't include any Texas teams. All Southeastern US located: UNC, Louisville, Georgia and SCar. (OK maybe Louisville is not really Southeastern)
Georgia is starting to sneak onto some prominent finalist lists. I don't like it.

Reaction Score
I disagree that she’s the best International prospect. I think that honor still goes to Juste Jocyte (that is if she decides to play Collegiately).

I was very impressed with Fam, however. I hope Coach Valley was as well.
With most US 2024 prospects likely to decide very soon, these two may become a major focus shortly thereafter. In the old days it was more one recruiting season for the HS prospects,, and after that the next year's roster was pretty well set. Now we almost have three distinct periods.

The usual HS recruiting, a second attempt at getting what you need from a pool of foreign prospects, and of course the portal which has way way more impact now that players don't have to wait a year after transferring to play. Plus you have way more confusion over who from your roster actually returns, with it so easy to transfer out because of playing time, better opportunities, or now just because of NIL potential, and of course because of extra year eligibility because of Covid. At least that variable disappears after this season, but it has become a nightmare for planning purposes for coaches.

Reaction Score
ESPN #25 Tijianna Avant-Roberts to Louisville over Cal, Duke, Virginia Tech, Kentucky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom