Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Vandy is on the final-7 list for two top-40 players, both 5'11 guards. Mikayla Blakes (ESPN #10) visited last weekend, so no further visits from her. She has also visited Indiana and Rutgers and has Tennessee, Wisconsin, UCLA and Stanford on her finalist list. She said she is basically making visits to take a second look at the schools.

The other is 5'11 guard is Eris Lester, #39. She has visited five SEC schools and still has Vandy and Florida State on the list. Hopefully, she'll make it to Vandy soon. As far as I know, these are the only two players still at play for coach Ralph for '24.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sounds like a dumb strategy for a coach who historically can never close the deal on such highly rated recruits, and Joyce is essentially a lock to SC so you are down to two..

LSU the new Tennessee? No HS recruits and only portal kids? Sad program

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
she somehow inked Mikayla Williams and del Rosario who were hardly lowly rated high school recruits.......

Reaction Score
Joyce is visiting Stanford this weekend, Texas A&M the next and SC 10/28. She already visited LSU and Florida. I’m not aware of any others but I feel like she will visit Clemson as well.

Reaction Score
Joyce is visiting Stanford this weekend, Texas A&M the next and SC 10/28. She already visited LSU and Florida. I’m not aware of any others but I feel like she will visit Clemson as well.
I think Joyce silently visited Clemson previously but will finish up with A&M/SC then announce.

Jaloni Cambridge supposedly might not announce her decision until 2024...

Reaction Score
We have 11 only so we can certainly add 4. Kamilla will almost certainly turn pro after this year. So, Reduce us to 10 veterans going into next year.

Add Maddy and the roster is back up to 11. . That means we could theoretically add 4 more to the ‘24 class.

We won’t sign 4 in addition to Maddy. Maybe two for a total class of three. That would bring us to total roster of 14 if Kamilla comes back. 13 if she goes pro.
Thank you! Although I was thinking more about LSU to be honest.

Reaction Score
exactly........unless you read the whole thread you might not pick it up.......I obviously didn't:eek:
It’s not really sarcasm. It’s poor mouthing.I understand it because I do a little of it to hide my exuberance ; thereby protecting myself from razzies when things go bad. I said I do it some. @SECbbfan24 takes it to “a whole nother level.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s not really sarcasm. It’s poor mouthing.I understand it because I do a little of it to hide my exuberance ; thereby protecting myself from razzies when things go bad. I said I do it some. @SECbbfan24 takes it to “a whole nother level.”
Never heard this phrase before. Is this a southern version of sarcasm? Genuine question.

Reaction Score
No. It’s more like a self deprecating, disingenuous “ woe is me.”
I'm being realistic though and I give the truth. It may be an unpopular opinion but thats why everyone has an opinion

Reaction Score
I'm being realistic though and I give the truth. It may be an unpopular opinion but thats why everyone has an opinion
I appreciate your realism, however the LSU being the new Tennessee came across as sarcasm to me. Too soon to peg the program that way if you ask me.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So, as we come up to "the clock is ticking" on a few very important 2024 prospects and the National Signing Period,
does anyone know/guess of impending official visits (OV's)?

Speaking for The Bench, I know of no impending OV's (or unofficial visits for that matter), but if Coach Ivey and Recruiting Director Michaela Mabrey have any planned, Oct. 14th and the USC (that would be the University of Southern California Trojans) come to South Bend for a night game. If Marcus Freeman's football team can beat Louisville on Saturday, that could have some glam factor.
The only possible 2024 were prospects that expressed a heretofore unknown or late interest in the Irish: Joyce Edwards or MacKenly Randolph.

Randolph wants to leave California, based on her finalists, while I think it would be a tall order to get Ms. Edwards out of the southeast (you know, that "other" USC). Maybe Edwards and ND frosh Hannah Hidalgo hit it off to merit a trip to South Bend. Stat tuned.

So, to repeat: Anyone else got information on other schools and prospects?

It seems like Jaloni Cambridge could be visiting Florida this weekend.

Reaction Score
I appreciate your realism, however the LSU being the new Tennessee came across as sarcasm to me. Too soon to peg the program that way if you ask me.
I'm referring to a program who misses on basically all HS recruits and reliant on the portal when making the comparison. Mulkey is in major trouble once Reese leaves IMO. Reese is what has really transformed that program, nothing more.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
USC is definitely on the rise.

So she chose sunny California over pork bbq and cheap cigarettes. :oops:. I'm worried about our recruiting efforts :(

Reaction Score
I'm referring to a program who misses on basically all HS recruits and reliant on the portal when making the comparison. Mulkey is in major trouble once Reese leaves IMO. Reese is what has really transformed that program, nothing more.

You really think so? Still feels early to think that to me.

Reaction Score
Despite having the top ranked class for ‘23 and a shot at three top 10’s for ‘24.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
So she chose sunny California over pork bbq and cheap cigarettes. :oops:. I'm worried about our recruiting efforts :(
Maybe you need to change the marinade and/or sauce?;) (Lose the cigs...please).

However, the name Avery Howell certainly would've been right and tight in The Triad region.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Vandy is on the final-7 list for two top-40 players, both 5'11 guards. Mikayla Blakes (ESPN #10) visited last weekend, so no further visits from her. She has also visited Indiana and Rutgers and has Tennessee, Wisconsin, UCLA and Stanford on her finalist list. She said she is basically making visits to take a second look at the schools.

The other is 5'11 guard is Eris Lester, #39. She has visited five SEC schools and still has Vandy and Florida State on the list. Hopefully, she'll make it to Vandy soon. As far as I know, these are the only two players still at play for coach Ralph for '24.
I've seen Blakes play a few times and she's improved her outside shooting markedly over the years.
ND offered her early on and I believe Blakes took an unofficial visit to South Bend, but interest on one side, the other (or both) seemed to wane.

She's got a very good high school coach (who was a teammate of Chris Daily at Rutgers) who runs a disciplined program that still allows the kids to push it offensively (and have fun). I could see her a lot of places, but I keep coming back to Vandy or staying home in Rutgers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Despite having the top ranked class for ‘23 and a shot at three top 10’s for ‘24.
Trust me I know I’m right… you’ll see in a few weeks and next season once the departures happen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom