Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

That comes with the caveat that Uconn would probably move to #1 if they get Fudd.

"Olson has yet to release any team rankings for the 2021 class. But at this point, he said, he’d put South Carolina at No. 1. No other program has more than two commits in the top 30.

That comes with the caveat that the No. 1 player in the class, guard Azzi Fudd, has yet to announce her commitment. Fudd is considered a generational talent and has drawn interest from virtually every major program in the country. She took an unofficial visit to South Carolina, but many have connected her to powerhouse UConn, where her good friend and No. 1 Class of 2020 player Paige Bueckers, is heading.

If Fudd does go to the Huskies, that would give them the Nos. 1, 5, 17 and 37 players in the class, compared to Nos. 3, 6, 13 and 26 for South Carolina." [rankings are of course from his employer ESPN]

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...asketball/article244115362.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...asketball/article244115362.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Madison Conner’s rankings:

HoopGurlz — #72
ProspectsNation — #56
ASGR — #25
BlueStar — #36
Prep Girls Hoops — #51

Oops, forgot HG added her recently.

Arizona still in the mix for Kyndall Hunter and Kayla McPherson.

Reaction Score
Oops, forgot HG added her recently.

Arizona still in the mix for Kyndall Hunter and Kayla McPherson.
I’d be a little surprised if K McPherson goes that far from home. However K Hunter is a complete mystery as to where she will attend.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
UConn will for sure move to #1 once Fudd commits. Takes nothing away from SC's class which matches up well with UConn's. The players fit what both programs do well, and both coaches will take them to an even higher level.

Reaction Score
Woah there, UConn isn’t the only one who could move to the top. Stanford is still in the running for a dream class, plus a very talented international prospect. We have big dreams out West, and look forward to seeing how everything shakes out.

Reaction Score
2022 Recruit Adlee Blacklock [high level recruit with offers from Baylor and basically every other B12 team] suffered a major knee injury during the recent Heart of Texas Showcase event. She was excelling prior to the injury. Danger of 3 [back to back to back] events after a long layoff.
She will miss her HS Junior season but should be good to go for next Summer. Best pure shooter in the 2022 class and one of the best over the past couple of decades.

Reaction Score
Woah there, UConn isn’t the only one who could move to the top. Stanford is still in the running for a dream class, plus a very talented international prospect. We have big dreams out West, and look forward to seeing how everything shakes out.

The validity of your post is acknowledged. I note that you are in Fudd's Final Five. I assume that you are strong factors with Kiki Iriafen (#9) and Rayah Marshall (#14) and maybe others as well. I expect Stanford to have a great class!

What are Stanford's numbers looking like? Do you expect to take 3 or 4 total? If you are taking four, it would still be a strong class with Iriafen and Marshall. If only 3, I suspect you are slow-playing them while waiting for Fudd. Not a good position to be in if they choose to commit before Fudd. However, it would be a very good class with only one of them.

If you take 4, 9, 14, 52 you wouldn't pass SCar's 3,6,13, 26, But 1, 4, 9, 52 probably would. I say "probably" because I don't know how the Fudd Factor will play out. We could statistically analyze it like this: SCar has total ranking points of 48. Divide by 4 players and you have an average player ranking of 12th. Stanford would have total ranking points of 66. Divide by 4 players and you have an average player ranking of "only" 16.5. But, I don't think ESPN will look at it like that and the Fudd Factor would probably make you number one.

Just for fun, since we are on a UConn board and because they are also always the elephant in the room when discussing women's basketball let's play my statistical average game for them: with Fudd, they would have 1, 5, 17 and 37 for 60 total ranking points. Divide by 4 and you have an average player ranking of "only" 15. Below SCar's 12. Notre Dame would jump SCar under my analysis if they get Fudd and another top 27 prospect.

Again, it's all in fun. Whoever gets Fudd will probably (okay, almost certainly) be considered the number one recruiting class (but in my mind we will stay #1. Minds are funny things:confused:) I believe we have a "dream class" regardless of who ESPN crowns #1.

Please take note, if you haven't already, that tnvol65 did a great analysis of cumulative rankings from different sources in a thread down the page.

Good talking to you!

Reaction Score
The validity of your post is acknowledged. I note that you are in Fudd's Final Five. I assume that you are strong factors with Kiki Iriafen (#9) and Rayah Marshall (#14) and maybe others as well. I expect Stanford to have a great class!

What are Stanford's numbers looking like? Do you expect to take 3 or 4 total? If you are taking four, it would still be a strong class with Iriafen and Marshall. If only 3, I suspect you are slow-playing them while waiting for Fudd. Not a good position to be in if they choose to commit before Fudd. However, it would be a very good class with only one of them.

If you take 4, 9, 14, 52 you wouldn't pass SCar's 3,6,13, 26, But 1, 4, 9, 52 probably would. I say "probably" because I don't know how the Fudd Factor will play out. We could statistically analyze it like this: SCar has total ranking points of 48. Divide by 4 players and you have an average player ranking of 12th. Stanford would have total ranking points of 66. Divide by 4 players and you have an average player ranking of "only" 16.5. But, I don't think ESPN will look at it like that and the Fudd Factor would probably make you number one.

Just for fun, since we are on a UConn board and because they are also always the elephant in the room when discussing women's basketball let's play my statistical average game for them: with Fudd, they would have 1, 5, 17 and 37 for 60 total ranking points. Divide by 4 and you have an average player ranking of "only" 15. Below SCar's 12. Notre Dame would jump SCar under my analysis if they get Fudd and another top 27 prospect.

Again, it's all in fun. Whoever gets Fudd will probably (okay, almost certainly) be considered the number one recruiting class (but in my mind we will stay #1. Minds are funny things:confused:) I believe we have a "dream class" regardless of who ESPN crowns #1.

Please take note, if you haven't already, that tnvol65 did a great analysis of cumulative rankings from different sources in a thread down the page.

Good talking to you!
Stanford has already landed three:
- Elena Bosgana, a 6-2 G/W from Greece
- Brooke Demetre, a 6-2 W
- Jzaniya Harriel, a 5-10 CG

Still in the running, and likely the favorite, for Kiki Iriafen, and have been rumored the also be in the running for Rayah Marshall and potentially Azzi Fudd. Oregon and UCLA are also contenders for Marshall, probably among a few other schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When did Fudd release a Final Five and which teams are included?

Something I completely misinterpreted.

1594828579588.png

Reaction Score
- Jzaniya Harriel, a 6-2 CG

Still in the running, and likely the favorite, for Kiki Iriafen, and have been rumored the also be in the running for Rayah Marshall and potentially Azzi Fudd. Oregon and UCLA are also contenders for Marshall, probably among a few other schools.
I missed on Bosgana. Had the two from US.

Yeah, the European is hard to work into an ESPN ranking. Of course, she might be the best player of the class. Lotta' 6'2" there for y'all!

Reaction Score
I missed on Bosgana. Had the two from US.

Yeah, the European is hard to work into an ESPN ranking. Of course, she might be the best player of the class. Lotta' 6'2" there for y'all!
Harriel is 5-10 oops. I was so used to typing 6-2:D

Olson has effectively stopped putting European players in the top-100 lists, and doesn’t even always add a profile for them.

Reaction Score
- Jzaniya Harriel, a 5-10 CG

I wonder what the success rate of internationals is at the collegiate level? I know at FSU its been more misses than hits. Bulgak and Romero were great.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Good talking to you!
Who are Fudd's final five? Guess I missed it (if it was a recent announcement) . . .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Stanford still has a women's college basketball team? I thought with all the cuts from that heavily endowed school that programs who haven't won a National Title in close to 30 years would have been axed... :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For years when I was younger (and way before HD TV), I could have sworn Clemson's schools colors were Orange and Navy Blue (certainly not purple).

Seemed like back in the day they had no third school color other than orange and white; that's what I recall them wearing in football when they won their first national title in football in the 80's.

They don't seem to emphasize the color purple very much as Orange is definitely the primary school color.

Every now and then they use purple jerseys in football.. possibly basketball. Orange and Blue is one of the best color combos for schools.... Auburn, Illinois, UVA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom