Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd watch out for ACC since there are 3 on her list.
I’m sure Adia Barnes is telling her to come be the next Aari McDonald at UA.

She and Deja Kelly would be a dangerous duo at UNC.

NC State seems loaded at guard, but Moore has gained a lot of traction on the recruiting trail.

Georgia Tech is close to home, and Nell seems to have them on the upswing. They signed a solid 2020 class.

Reaction Score
I’m sure Adia Barnes is telling her to come be the next Aari McDonald at UA.

She and Deja Kelly would be a dangerous duo at UNC.

NC State seems loaded at guard, but Moore has gained a lot of traction on the recruiting trail.

Georgia Tech is close to home, and Nell seems to have them on the upswing. They signed a solid 2020 class.

But none of them have that beautiful Maroon and White! It just makes everyone look better!

Reaction Score
Are there any feelers to where Brooklynn Miles is going to? Some Tennessee fans are convinced that she's leaning to be a Lady Vol. It will be more egg on their faces after the Teonni Key recruitment if she goes elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Are there any feelers to where Brooklynn Miles is going to? Some Tennessee fans are convinced that she's leaning to be a Lady Vol. It will be more egg on their faces after the Teonni Key recruitment if she goes elsewhere.

They think its between her and Kayla McPhearson. Guess they haven't gotten word that they're aren't on McPhearson's list

Reaction Score
They think its between her and Kayla McPhearson. Guess they haven't gotten word that they're aren't on McPhearson's list
Oh, they have gotten the world about not being on McPherson's list and that's the reason they have all pivoted towards Miles now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He seems to think he does! LOL
If you ask me from reading most post on that other board they seem to hate him at this point LOL but its not like he's not giving the truth . Well most of it is BS but sometimes he strikes gold with expectations i think.

Reaction Score
coach jumper doesn't seem to have a lot of prestige over their anymore so i wouldn't be so sure...
They turned on Coach Jumper at the moment because he said that Kellie Harper turned down Teonni Key because Kellie didn't want two sisters playing on the same team. Jumper had been adamant that they were going to get Key because her sister played for Tenn and then he pulled a 180. He also said that Kellie didn't want Saniya Rivers after Rivers committed to South Carolina because she wouldn't have been a good fit. Over at the Summitt, there's posters over there that are saying that Kellie doesn't want Top 20 players for 2021 and going go after them in 2022 and 2023.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They turned on Coach Jumper at the moment because he said that Kellie Harper turned down Teonni Key because Kellie didn't want two sisters playing on the same team. Jumper had been adamant that they were going to get Key because her sister played for Tenn and then he pulled a 180. He also said that Kellie didn't want Saniya Rivers after Rivers committed to South Carolina because she wouldn't have been a good fit. Over at the Summitt, there's posters over there that are saying that Kellie doesn't want Top 20 players for 2021 and going go after them in 2022 and 2023.
Good luck with that. Harper seems to be an average recruiter at best especially compared with Warlick, who routinely pulled in top 10 talent as well as HS AA's in the 11-20 range.

I believe that there were numerous kids in the top 10 who had Tennessee on their list at one time or another so to say that she's not recruiting them seems contradictory, unless these kids were interested in Tennessee but not vice versa.

Let's hope Tennessee never gets another top 20 kid, never mind a top 10 kid.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
he said that Kellie Harper turned down Teonni Key because Kellie didn't want two sisters playing on the same team.

Seriously? Sisters on the same team has always worked great at Stanford. Hull, Samuelson, Ogwumike...

Edit: This just sounded too crazy, so I took a minute to google for the actual post. He did suggest that as possible (!), but to be fair he didn't state it as a fact.
Teonni Key to UNC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This make ZERO sense.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Sisters on the same team has always worked great at Stanford. Hull, Samuelson, Ogwumike...

Edit: This just sounded too crazy, so I took a minute to google for the actual post. He did suggest that as possible (!), but to be fair he didn't state it as a fact.
Teonni Key to UNC
It worked at Maryland with the Jones sisters.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Teonni Key to UNC
It worked at Maryland with the Jones sisters.

At Notre Dame, we've had the Mabreys (Michaela -- Mabrey1 -- is now an assistant coach) and starting this summer, incoming frosh Maddy Westbeld will follow her sister, alum Kat, as a member of the Fighting Irish.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Duke had the Waner sisters - right at the end of Gail's tenure and they were both there I believe at the start of Joanne's tenure (or one of them was)... @CamrnCrz1974 knows better than I the exact timeline...

UCONN also had the Valley sisters. Back in the day when we were on some other board, some speculated that Geno took Morgan in part so he could also get Ashley. Sadly, Morgan was never really healthy with plantar fasciitis (actually had to look up the correct spelling), and Ashley was never more than a reserve. Still, 2 of the better recruits to come out of the state of Vermont...

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. Harper seems to be an average recruiter at best especially compared with Warlick, who routinely pulled in top 10 talent as well as HS AA's in the 11-20 range.

I believe that there were numerous kids in the top 10 who had Tennessee on their list at one time or another so to say that she's not recruiting them seems contradictory, unless these kids were interested in Tennessee but not vice versa.

Let's hope Tennessee never gets another top 20 kid, never mind a top 10 kid.

One of the main concerns about KJH coming from some Tennessee fans was her ability to recruit top 20 and up talent because she was an average recruiting when she was the head coach at NC. State. Her defenders said she should be able to draw top recruits to Tennessee than she could at NC. State because of the superior history of Tennessee in WBB. I guess will we see if the their theory will hold up because Key was the last consensus Top 20 player that had Tennessee on her list of schools.

Teonni Key to UNC

One poster criticized KJH for not closing the deal on Teonni Key because of sister played on the team and another poster said does that mean that Tara is a failure at recruiting because she couledn't get Katie Lou to play with her sisters and went to play for UConn. Rick Insell was used an example as well for not getting the Alasia Hayes to play with her sisters at Middle Tennessee State instead of signing to play for Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Here is a list of some potential top-2021 international prospects. Not sure if they are all 2021 (some may be 2022) or if all are considering college.

Canada:
- Latasha Lattimore, 6-4 F, committed to Syracuse
- Kiandra Brown, 6-1 F
- Shayeann Day-Wilson, 5-6 PG, committed to Syracuse
- Isaline Alexander committed to Michagan State

Mexico:
- Mariana Valenzuela, 6-2 F, attends Montverde Academy in Central Florida

Australia:
- Paige Price, 6-1 G, committed to Indiana
- Jada Melbourne, 5-9 G
- Olivia Pollerd, 6-3 F, committed to Duke

Greece:
- Elena Bosgana, 6-2 G, committed to Stanford

Spain:
- Chisomaga Nweze, 6-0 F
- Marta Morales, 6-1 W
- Txell Alarcon, 5-10 G

Israel:
- Emma Rinat, 5-9 G, committed to Rhode Island

Bulgaria
- Iliyana Georgieva, 6-0 W

Slovenia
- Mojca Jelena, 6-6 C

Mali
- Sika Kone, 6-3, F

Estonia
- Anna Gret Asi, 5-10 SG, committed to Arizona

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington has had several pairs of sisters over the years: Gioconda and Giuliana Mendiola, Kellie and Kristen O'Neil, Kristi and Kelli Kingma (those 2 didn't overlap during their career though).

Reaction Score
Well-when the South Carolina Football website guy divulged that Rivers told another coaxing staff she was going to South South-my understanding is the staff that was asking was UT Knoxville.. If true..the Kellie Harper did not want her angle is BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom