Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Isn’t Nalyssa from Converse and SaMyah from DeSoto? I never knew they were sisters if so that’s pretty cool. They already have very similar games.

Please ignore me, I'm dumb. I spoke too soon. I thought that was her sister because I saw Nalyssa and SaMyah sitting together at a mens Baylor game a couple times (and had the same last name lol). I thought it was interesting that she hung out with NaLyssa will on campus. I thought there was a connection originally. Well she must be very interested in Baylor at least. Making many trips down herself and her HS team has attended some of their games.

Cox's sister is her sister lol. The entire family has been nothing but Baylor for years. I would be extremely shocked if she doesn't end up in Waco.

DeSoto has a stacked team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing key and Adams play together, they could be a good forward combo in the future.

Reaction Score
In Key's case, isn't she from NC? She may have wanted to stay home locally. Going to play for Banghart and help jump start the program back aint a bad option either.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
In Key's case, isn't she from NC? She may have wanted to stay home locally. Going to play for Banghart and help jump start the program back aint a bad option either.

She’s from Cary, NC — about half an hour from Chapel Hill.

Reaction Score
I think UNC will be a problem again soon.

Maybe they will renew the series.

home and home rather than myrtle beach would be nice.

Reaction Score
Kayla McPherson has three ACCs (including UNC) on her final five.

wonder if she might jump in with Key.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing key and Adams play together, they could be a good forward combo in the future.

That's an interesting take and get.
Many Benchers -- including yours truly -- was interested in Adams, who is tall (6'3" with long arms), is a fine all-round athlete, plays interior defense and rebounds but has legit wing skills. She played inside in HS this year because of graduation, but I have no doubt her future is at the wing position. Interestingly, many people think the same thing about Key.

The lynch pin in all of this is UNC Coach Courtney Banghart and her use at Princeton of one Bella Alarie, another tall prospect who played a little bit of everything (to paraphrase the rock group, Dawes). As someone pointed out, Banghart also has center Tshitenge-Mutombo to take care of the deep paint responsibilities. This could free up Adams and Key to mix and match their offensive skills. That's going to be a very interesting front line to watch and incoming frosh Deja Kelly will be in the backcourt, to boot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mizzou lands a 2023 commitment:

Also have two 2022 commits.

Just following what I see on Twitter, it’s really interesting to see how early some of the girls commit there. Granted, it helps with instate players, but it seems they offer and get commitments from some really early in the process.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This article on Key's recruitment confused me. :confused:

The 6-foot-3 Key is ranked No. 22 overall and picked the Tar Heels over scholarship offers from Auburn, UCONN, Georgia, Kentucky, NC State, Maryland, Notre Dame, South Carolina and Mississippi State.

UConn offered?? TN did not offer? :confused::confused:

Reaction Score
Carla picks up a new commitment:

Her HoopGurlz evaluation is very intriguing:

Athletic guard manufactures shots, delivers off the dribble with frequency in mid-range game; quick-leaper, explosive in transition game; aggressive defender, anticipator; performs in attack mode on both ends of the floor; a sleeper prospect in the class of 2021.

Reaction Score
Mia Moore commits to Mississippi State.
Honestly I don’t know a lot about her. However to date it appears so far Coach McCray-Penson is getting comparatively ranked talent as the previous staff (aside from R Jackson) which is a good sign. However if she is going to improve and keep the fan base from losing their minds worrying the wheels are coming off she is going to need to get a whale soon.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
How many is miss st taking this year?

McPherson and Shavers. And maybe Hollingshead (although she's between I'm guessing Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and possibly North Carolina). I don't know about Raven Johnson (if SC), but she hasn't announced yet. (not counting on it tho)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
McPherson and Shavers. And maybe Hollingshead (although she's between I'm guessing Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and possibly North Carolina). I don't know about Raven Johnson, but she hasn't announced yet....(not counting on it tho)

Seems a bit of a stretch to project McPherson to MSU right now. I do think MSU does lead for Shavers though and I think they really have a strong shot at Wiggins from MI if they continue to stay on her hard.

Raven Johnson, she is pretty DL but the schools I mostly heard for her recruitment with major interest include South Carolina, Baylor, Louisville and maybe Georgia (local school she has been to multiple times). I'm sure she is looking at other schools as well though.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Seems a bit of a stretch to project McPherson to MSU right now. I do think MSU does lead for Shavers though and I think they really have a strong shot at Wiggins from MI if they continue to stay on her hard.

Raven Johnson, she is pretty DL but the schools I mostly heard for her recruitment with major interest include South Carolina, Baylor, Louisville and maybe Georgia (local school she has been to multiple times). I'm sure she is looking at other schools as well though.

Where do you see McPherson going?

Reaction Score
Where do you see McPherson going?

No clue to be honest. I could see her at almost any of those schools on her list for different reasons. She is a baller, whoever gets her will be a lucky team.

Reaction Score

I would be surprised if Mississippi State didn’t get J Shavers. K McPherson is a little bit of a mystery. I can’t get a feel as to where she is leaning. I think Mississippi State has as good a shot as any other school. I also don’t think she is a point but is a shooting guard.

Reaction Score
Honestly I don’t know a lot about her. However to date it appears so far Coach McCray-Penson is getting comparatively ranked talent as the previous staff (aside from R Jackson) which is a good sign. However if she is going to improve and keep the fan base from losing their minds worrying the wheels are coming off she is going to need to get a whale soon.
We've had some good pick ups which is encouraging but I think it is going to take a season or so to land a major Rickea type talent. Keeping Hayes in the class was a huge deal.

Vic's coaching prowess and the continuous team improvement helped turn a lot of heads but he didn't land a national type recruit until after his back to back NC game appearances. McCray-Penson will need at least a season or two to see if MSU can get back to that late tournament status before some of those players commit in my opinion. We all know UConn, SC, Stanford, Baylor aren't going anywhere for a while and will keep landing top flight players. Also I give Vic a season or two at Texas before they make a huge leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom