Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I truly hope the academic pieces fall in line.

If the academic gamble pays off, it’s a huge get for Syracuse!
If Tiana Mangakahia can return to action, Cardoso would really benefit from being able to play with a great passing point guard like her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Doesn't shock me that Cardoso chose Syracuse over the Bulldogs and South Carolina. International players tend to be more willing to choose non-elite programs over elite ones when given the choice. Normally, you can kind of cross off the non-top-10 types from a list if there are elites on there, but I figured Caroso could pick any of her final five.

Reaction Score

Diamond Johnson announcing her commitment on 11/16 at 7:30.
BC, NC State, Rutgers, South Carolina, and UVA her final 5.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Cardoso commits to Syracuse on the day after Aliyah Boston records a triple-double (against a horrible team no doubt) and 2 days after Jessika Carter's 27 points was the big item on the stat sheet.

Hmh..

Reaction Score
Cardoso is a good get, but may not be a great fit. Syracuse likes to run up and down the court and fire up 3's at will. They play very little 1/2 court basketball on the offensive side. They play helter skelter on the defensive end as well. So unless she can run it doesn't seem like a match made in heaven.

Reaction Score
Cardoso is a good get, but may not be a great fit. Syracuse likes to run up and down the court and fire up 3's at will. They play very little 1/2 court basketball on the offensive side. They play helter skelter on the defensive end as well. So unless she can run it doesn't seem like a match made in heaven.
I have seen Cardosa play a few times and she runs the floor very well for someone her size. I read a few months back that’s one quality of her game that Cuse was most impressed with. Imo this is a big pickup for them & a good fit for her but as always time will tell. I think she will have an immediate impact.

Reaction Score
If only the orange could have landed Reese, then they could have really been on to something.

Reaction Score
Cardoso commits to Syracuse on the day after Aliyah Boston records a triple-double (against a horrible team no doubt) and 2 days after Jessika Carter's 27 points was the big item on the stat sheet.

Hmh..

A triple double is a triple double regardless of who it’s against...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I do not see the announcement anywhere? Some link?

Reaction Score
I found this from a Oregon Ducks September article post the Sedona commitment. Sure seems like Graves is pursuing Hailey Van Lith knowing his scholarship limit. They were communicating they had room somehow at that time.

“The Ducks have basically reached capacity in their 2020 recruiting class. The top-ranked class features five five-star prospects with guards Sydney Parrish, Maddie Scherr and Te-Hina Pao Pao and forwards Kylee Watson and Angela Dugalic already verbally committed. In the past I've mentioned the possibility of adding a sixth player to the class. Right now, that remains possible, but the only remaining target is elite point guard Hailey Van Lith. Oregon and Van Lith have an open dialogue about tripping her this fall. This is a decision that will be made in the coming weeks. In order to land her, they'll have to beat out the likes of UCLA, Louisville and Baylor. A decision for a trip remains up in the air.“.
Cocohusky and other Uconn fans,

I have visited your site often but never posted. As full disclosure I am a Oregon fan. What prompted me to post is seeing a disinformation campaign from some west coast posters (not Uconn fans) First of all Prince has not been denied a waiver yet as some post "willtalk" claimed happened months ago. No ruling has been made yet or appeal. As yourself when did the waiver process start? Not months ago as the poster claimed. Would an appeal be public?

Secondly, about Graves not wanting Hailey Van Lith is a false statement. Fabricate to sow discourse, how effective is that? Graves mentions like Geno does that he wants players to fit his system, likely a general comment and not towards a specific player. Again if Graves made a statement ask for a second source and ask for day, time and place a statement like that was made. Thirdly the roster is full at Oregon right now. If someone were to leave it would be Morgan Yaeger who has a bad back issue that may, may eventually require surgery. And for Hailey Van Lith who knows , she is so secretive. Ask why she does not take an official visit at OSU. The answer a poster gave you is that she knows everything inside and out about that program. So why did she not select months ago? When you see something again ask time, date and place, tweets or media tweets or sources.

Thanks to all of you and good day WBB fans.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I only saw it on her Instagram

No announcement anywhere else that I can see and since I am not an instagram account holder, I will wait until I see a shred of mainstream evidence.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
A triple double is a triple double regardless of who it’s against...

Who else is she gonna get 10 blocks against?

Reaction Score
Who else is she gonna get 10 blocks against?

Remains to be seen but don’t downplay her accomplishment no matter who the competition was. A triple double is a rare feat for anyone.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Remains to be seen but don’t downplay her accomplishment no matter who the competition was. A triple double is a rare feat for anyone.

You might address that to other members of this board who are more condescending about her triple double night. (not me) My whole point was that.... "South Carolina has their man. Then Cardoso goes to Syracuse." Logical sequence of events despite the small tidbit I threw in there about the weak opponent.

Reaction Score
You might address that to other members of this board who are more condescending about her triple double night. (not me) My whole point was that.... "South Carolina has their man. Then Cardoso goes to Syracuse." Logical sequence of events despite the small tidbit I threw in there about the weak opponent.

Who was condescending about the triple double other than you? I missed it. Wanna know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom