Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll let the Boneyard know if I see Hailey Van Lith at the OSU vs USA game tonight. Wouldn't shock me if she shows up.
Heck, I'm an OSU fan...and I'm always up for BIG surprises. You're one of the few holdouts for the possibility of "Hailey Van Lith to OSU".

Reaction Score
I believe Scott Rueck at Oregon State recruited her "heavily" and I doubt he would over promise. Why she never fully warmed to OSU and dropped the school, we may never know. Some OSU supporters think she was not the best fit (style of play, personality?). At OSU, Slocum may leave early (well, not really early since I think she graduates next spring) so Hailey Van Lith as a freshman may have gotten significant time at point guard behind/along with senior Aleah Goodman. She could have played significant time at the 2 position too, what with Pivec graduating as well as Tudor who was not granted an extra year. Oh well, OSU is heavily recruiting several top 25 2021 guards now.

OSU is still in big with VanLith. The ESPN article was just listing some schools, not all schools. UCLA still in big on VanLith. VanLith set up a visit with Oregon, but the Ducks cancelled it. She tried commit to Oregon, but Graves turned her down. She will stay out west and be a Beaver. Then she will spend four years beating up on the Ducks for their mistake. She is top 5 in her class. Prospects Nation has her number two and stated she could have been #1 player in her class. (It wasn't a slam dunk). She's a consensus top 10 player by every expert out there. So anyone who has her outside the top 10 has personal bias. She could possibly go to Baylor or Louisville, but the word is she wants to stay out west.

Slocum will not leave early. VanLith and Slocum together, plus the bigs will dominate the Pac12.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
OSU is still in big with VanLith. The ESPN article was just listing some schools, not all schools. UCLA still in big on VanLith. VanLith set up a visit with Oregon, but the Ducks cancelled it. She tried commit to Oregon, but Graves turned her down. She will stay out west and be a Beaver. Then she will spend four years beating up on the Ducks for their mistake. She is top 5 in her class. Prospects Nation has her number two and stated she could have been #1 player in her class. (It wasn't a slam dunk). She's a consensus top 10 player by every expert out there. So anyone who has her outside the top 10 has personal bias. She could possibly go to Baylor or Louisville, but the word is she wants to stay out west.

Slocum will not leave early. VanLith and Slocum together, plus the bigs will dominate the Pac12.

This is the first I've read of this. Where'd you hear/read that Oregon turned her away?

Reaction Score
If she is so heavy Oregon St then why didn't she take an official?
There really is no need for an official. Hailey Van Lith has made numerous unofficial visits, knows OSU, and, has been in communication with the coaches for years. She is a PNW kid, small town, and her parents are very close with Hailey Van Lith. I cannot see her going to a top 10 school where her parents cannot get to her games. Lastly, she is very centered in her faith, as are most of the OSU Players.

Reaction Score
There really is no need for an official. Hailey Van Lith has made numerous unofficial visits, knows OSU, and, has been in communication with the coaches for years. She is a PNW kid, small town, and her parents are very close with Hailey Van Lith. I cannot see her going to a top 10 school where her parents cannot get to her games. Lastly, she is very centered in her faith, as are most of the OSU Players.
As you are as well

Reaction Score
Considering that Hailey Van Lith has played her recruitment very close to the vest, there's alot of declarative and definitive statements in this thread about the various aspects of her recruitment.

Reaction Score

At a recent discussion with a women’s basketball fan group, Graves was talking about how important it was to recruit the right players, players who played for the team. He mentioned that he just rejected a commitment from one of top players in the country, without giving a name, due to a perceived lack of fit. At the time I assumed one of the 5 current 2020 commitments for the Ducks was being turned away. However, all five still seem to be on board. That comment from a few weeks ago may have just been referring to this interaction with Hailey Van Lith.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
At a recent discussion with a women’s basketball fan group, Graves was talking about how important it was to recruit the right players, players who played for the team. He mentioned that he just rejected a commitment from one of top players in the country, without giving a name, due to a perceived lack of fit.

Really surprised Graves talks about things like that publicly. But then he's also into pushing his players and program on social media like Staley does.

Reaction Score

Interesting thoughts. Take away the one ESPN article and I guess it’s possible. But I’m thinking Hailey Van Lith has big aspirations and probably wants to contend for a title. That makes Baylor or Louisville a more logical destination. I also don’t think Olsen lists schools in an article without it being specifically designed to communicate her plans. As others have mentioned, it’s hard to fathom Graves turning her down. Not recruiting her hard is one thing. Turning down a player who regularly plays USA is another. Not sure if that’s an indictment on Graves or USA basketball?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting thoughts. Take away the one ESPN article and I guess it’s possible. But I’m thinking Hailey Van Lith has big aspirations and probably wants to contend for a title. That makes Baylor or Louisville a more logical destination. I also don’t think Olsen lists schools in an article without it being specifically designed to communicate her plans. As others have mentioned, it’s hard to fathom Graves turning her down. Not recruiting her hard is one thing. Turning down a player who regularly plays USA is another. Not sure if that’s an indictment on Graves or USA basketball?
Count me as among the skeptical that Graves "turned down" Van Lith & doubly skeptical that he would hint at turning her down in a public forum. One FF appearance on your resume doesn't give you that kind of clout.

Reaction Score
At a recent discussion with a women’s basketball fan group, Graves was talking about how important it was to recruit the right players, players who played for the team. He mentioned that he just rejected a commitment from one of top players in the country, without giving a name, due to a perceived lack of fit. At the time I assumed one of the 5 current 2020 commitments for the Ducks was being turned away. However, all five still seem to be on board. That comment from a few weeks ago may have just been referring to this interaction with Hailey Van Lith.

Can you point us to the quote, article, interview or podcast? I’m not saying what your heard isn’t true. This would validate the original posters statement because who else could it be. Hailey Van Lith is only high level uncommitted player left with Oregon on list. Would like to hear the context though.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Yaeger and Giomi plan on staying around another year?

Oregon is at 13 scholarships this year, they graduate three and add five, which would put them at 15. In that case, there wouldn't be an available scholarship for Van Lith.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I forgot to welcome you to BY. Welcome. That is a very juicy post and implies some inside knowledge with more than just educated guesses from publicly available information. I'm ok with either BTW would just ask for some reinforcement, clarification, timeframe. For example when was Van Lith scheduled to visit Oregon?

Reaction Score
Perhaps Yaeger and Giomi plan on staying around another year?

Oregon is at 13 scholarships this year, they graduate three and add five, which would put them at 15. In that case, there wouldn't be an available scholarship for Van Lith.

I forgot to welcome you to BY. Welcome. That is a very juicy post and implies some inside knowledge with more than just educated guesses from publicly available information. I'm ok with either BTW would just ask for some reinforcement, clarification, timeframe. For example when was Van Lith scheduled to visit Oregon?

I found this from a Oregon Ducks September article post the Sedona commitment. Sure seems like Graves is pursuing Hailey Van Lith knowing his scholarship limit. They were communicating they had room somehow at that time.

“The Ducks have basically reached capacity in their 2020 recruiting class. The top-ranked class features five five-star prospects with guards Sydney Parrish, Maddie Scherr and Te-Hina Pao Pao and forwards Kylee Watson and Angela Dugalic already verbally committed. In the past I've mentioned the possibility of adding a sixth player to the class. Right now, that remains possible, but the only remaining target is elite point guard Hailey Van Lith. Oregon and Van Lith have an open dialogue about tripping her this fall. This is a decision that will be made in the coming weeks. In order to land her, they'll have to beat out the likes of UCLA, Louisville and Baylor. A decision for a trip remains up in the air.“.

Reaction Score
Cardoso to Syracuse :eek:

YntvdEL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members