Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 145 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It’s funny because it seems like it wasn’t too long ago everyone was saying she was down to Notre Dame and Oregon, then Oregon doesn’t even make her top-3! Speculation and rumors are fun, aren’t they?

In all seriousness, I think ISU would make for an interesting choice. They already have a very backcourt heavy 2020 class, including the very talented top-15 PG Lexi Donarski.

Best of luck on Clark, @Orangutan. Also, it confirmed she was the visitor!

As always we are fumbling in the dark and grasping at straws when it comes to making these predictions. Every once in a while I like to browse old BY recruiting threads just to see how wrong we all got it in the past.

It seems like the recent whispers from our PNW friends was that Clark/Oregon was a no go and given that Clark has said that playing time is a concern, taking Paopao was probably an indication that they were out on Clark.

She was definitely showing them and Oregon State some decent social media love at one point but it seems that proximity to home is a major factor for her. Des Moines and Notre Dame are 400ish miles away but that's still a plausible day's drive. It also probably helps that she knows the Shepard clan and that ND apparently was early to her recruitment.

Reaction Score
For those that have seen a lot of all three, how would you compare Amihere, Rickea Jackson, and Angel Reese?

Obviously, that a hopeful question on Reese, though I don't know what South Carolina's chances are outside of making a top five.

I saw some team Canada footage of Amihere and my impression is super athletic 4 with a developing skill level.

I though Jackson was more of a wing who could play small 4 if you needed her to. I thought Jackson and Horston were the two big ones that got away. I thought one more credible wing was the finishing piece to last season's class.

Reese seems to have the 6'3 size to play inside, but I kind of see her more on the Jackson side than the Amihere side.

I know some Carolina folks think Amihere is more of a wing though.

Reaction Score
For those that have seen a lot of all three, how would you compare Amihere, Rickea Jackson, and Angel Reese?

Obviously, that a hopeful question on Reese, though I don't know what South Carolina's chances are outside of making a top five.

I saw some team Canada footage of Amihere and my impression is super athletic 4 with a developing skill level.

I though Jackson was more of a wing who could play small 4 if you needed her to. I thought Jackson and Horston were the two big ones that got away. I thought one more credible wing was the finishing piece to last season's class.

Reese seems to have the 6'3 size to play inside, but I kind of see her more on the Jackson side than the Amihere side.

I know some Carolina folks think Amihere is more of a wing though.
Rickea Jackson, to me, is the most skilled of those three. She has a lot of different moves offensively, and she can really shoot the ball too. She has a slender frame that would certainly benefit from the addition of some muscle. Big time scorer.

I think Amihere is the most athletic of the three, and probably the one whose game is best suited at the PF slot (where I think the other two may skew SF, but depends on the system). Super explosive, dunking-ability, and it looked like she was developing her outside game too. She has endured two (?) pretty major knee injuries, so I haven't seen her play in a while. Definitely a rare talent and blend of size, combination, and athleticism.

Reese has a very unorthodox, unique style of play. She is really long, and really wiry, but she has a unique skillset, but she is still very efficient as a passer, rebounder, and scorer. She can really push the ball in transition as more of a point-forward role. Her outside shot is definitely a big question mark, though.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Iowa St would be a major threat to Baylor if they were to land her. They already have the joens sisters who played with her in AAU and 6-5 Lindsey Jarosinski. She’ll probably end up at ND though.
Speaking of Lindsey Jarosinski, does anyone know much about her background? At one point she was very very highly ranked by Olson/ESPNW, and at one point was in the running at Stanford. Then she fell out of the top 100 altogether, Stanford didn't seem to be recruiting her anymore, and she wound up at Wake Forest. Given that she had been consistently ranked among the top posts in the 2018 class, does anyone know what happened there?

Reaction Score
Rickea Jackson, to me, is the most skilled of those three. She has a lot of different moves offensively, and she can really shoot the ball too. She has a slender frame that would certainly benefit from the addition of some muscle. Big time scorer.

I think Amihere is the most athletic of the three, and probably the one whose game is best suited at the PF slot (where I think the other two may skew SF, but depends on the system). Super explosive, dunking-ability, and it looked like she was developing her outside game too. She has endured two (?) pretty major knee injuries, so I haven't seen her play in a while. Definitely a rare talent and blend of size, combination, and athleticism.

Reese has a very unorthodox, unique style of play. She is really long, and really wiry, but she has a unique skillset, but she is still very efficient as a passer, rebounder, and scorer. She can really push the ball in transition as more of a point-forward role. Her outside shot is definitely a big question mark, though.
@SCspur @shiverz45 @Gamecockfan77 @SCGamecock, and other SC fans: What do you guys think of your chances with Reese?

I know I personally see her going somewhere she wants to immediately play, start, and even be the go-to player -- and with Beal, Amihere, and Boston all at the SF, PF, and C slots + Saxton at the PF/C spot, I'm not sure SC is somewhere she can go right in and have the immediate impact like she could at Syracuse, Maryland, USC, etc.

Reaction Score
@SCspur @shiverz45 @Gamecockfan77 @SCGamecock, and other SC fans: What do you guys think of your chances with Reese?

I know I personally see her going somewhere she wants to immediately play, start, and even be the go-to player -- and with Beal, Amihere, and Boston all at the SF, PF, and C slots + Saxton at the PF/C spot, I'm not sure SC is somewhere she can go right in and have the immediate impact like she could at Syracuse, Maryland, USC, etc.

I like our chances a lot actually. SC has been recruiting Reese as long as Maryland has and I definitely like the fact that we’ll be her last stop on her visits. If she didn’t think she could fit in at SC I don’t think we would have made the top 5 over other elite programs. She could very well go to Maryland, Tennessee, etc. but I definitely think she could achieve more under Dawn at SC, especially with the talent she would be playing with.

We’ll know for sure in a couple of months...

Reaction Score

I have no clue. I lean more towards her being a very similar player to Amihere rather than a complement, but that was kind of the point of my earlier question - to get some thoughts.

Feels like a bigger guard or a wing would be a good fit for USC, preferably one that can hit the three.

Reaction Score
I like our chances a lot actually. SC has been recruiting Reese as long as Maryland has and I definitely like the fact that we’ll be her last stop on her visits. If she didn’t think she could fit in at SC I don’t think we would have made the top 5 over other elite programs. She could very well go to Maryland, Tennessee, etc. but I definitely think she could achieve more under Dawn at SC, especially with the talent she would be playing with.

We’ll know for sure in a couple of months...
So if y'all were to land Reese, who would be the 3,4,5 starters for 19-20, 20-21, and 21-22? Dawn has been going pretty deep recently though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Speaking of Lindsey Jarosinski, does anyone know much about her background? At one point she was very very highly ranked by Olson/ESPNW, and at one point was in the running at Stanford. Then she fell out of the top 100 altogether, Stanford didn't seem to be recruiting her anymore, and she wound up at Wake Forest. Given that she had been consistently ranked among the top posts in the 2018 class, does anyone know what happened there?

Wow.... I didnt know she had left Wake Forest until you posted this and I looked her up on the WF roster.

Reaction Score
So if y'all were to land Reese, who would be the 3,4,5 starters for 19-20, 20-21, and 21-22? Dawn has been going pretty deep recently though.

I can't really project 2019-20 at the moment, so I'm a bit lost on 2020-21 and beyond.

My thesis is that long term Amihere and Boston will the forward and post.

But I suppose it is possible that Amihere could be a wing. I see her, if healthy, as a really athletic face up four though.

If Reese is more of a perimeter player than a face up four, then I would see her battling Beal for that wing spot.

With Littleton, the backup at PG, and Beal being the primary contenders for the guard spot.

I haven't seen how these pieces fit together yet though. And not sure how healthy Amihere is going to be. That makes a big difference. Just watched her highlights again and oh my. Her best self is really something (and I think a post oriented something).

Reaction Score

I think she fell under the radar when she went to Wake Forest. But she is tall and has good footwork downlow. She has a good IQ as well. I suspect she will be a solid post for Iowa St especially with the talented guards they will have.

Reaction Score

I could see Reese off the bench at the 2, 3, and 4 until her junior year where she could start at the 3 with Brea and Cooke in the Backcourt at the 1 and 2 with Amihere and Boston at the 4 and 5. For those who are questioning her shooting... well it’s coming and FAST! I too questioned Reese’s ability to play on the perimeter without a jumpshot and she shut me up. Her game has grown big time this summer! IMO she and Paige has separated themselves from the pack this summer. Paige in the U19 and Reese on the EYBL circuit. Reese shot 18/37 for 48% bta and averaged 19.7 ppg, 13.1 rpg, 4.9 apg, 2.2 bpg, and 1.6 spg in total of all three EYBL sessions and led her team to the Nike Nationals Championship. She’s the real deal and Dawn I’m sure would be jumping for joy if she commits to SC. She’s definitely one of those kids where you don’t know where to play them but you super glad you don’t have to play against them.

Reaction Score
As always we are fumbling in the dark and grasping at straws when it comes to making these predictions. Every once in a while I like to browse old BY recruiting threads just to see how wrong we all got it in the past.

It seems like the recent whispers from our PNW friends was that Clark/Oregon was a no go and given that Clark has said that playing time is a concern, taking Paopao was probably an indication that they were out on Clark.

She was definitely showing them and Oregon State some decent social media love at one point but it seems that proximity to home is a major factor for her. Des Moines and Notre Dame are 400ish miles away but that's still a plausible day's drive. It also probably helps that she knows the Shepard clan and that ND apparently was early to her recruitment.
The social media love she was showing Oregon didn’t end until about a month ago, well after PaoPao and Scherr committed. I expect she saw the number of viable candidates to play the point in Oregon’s 2019 and 2020 classes and decided to look elsewhere. I think PaoPao is going to be the diamond in the rough in Oregon’s 2020 class. She looks like she is back to 100%, recovering from her back to back ACL tears. Prior to those she was a HoopGurlz top 10 in hear class. Good luck to Miss Clark.

Reaction Score
I can't really project 2019-20 at the moment, so I'm a bit lost on 2020-21 and beyond.

But I suppose it is possible that Amihere could be a wing. I see her, if healthy, as a really athletic face up four though.

If Reese is more of a perimeter player than a face up four, then I would see her battling Beal for that wing spot.

With Littleton, the backup at PG, and Beal being the primary contenders for the guard spot.

I haven't seen how these pieces fit together yet though. And not sure how healthy Amihere is going to be. That makes a big difference. Just watched her highlights again and oh my. Her best self is really something (and I think a post oriented something).
Idk bout y'all, but I see Amihere being something like A'ja and Boston being like Coates. Yes I know they're their own players, but the skill sets for both just matches the last duo.

Reaction Score
Idk bout y'all, but I see Amihere being something like A'ja and Boston being like Coates. Yes I know they're their own players, but the skill sets for both just matches the last duo.

It’s hard not to see it that way with it having been so recent.

I actually think Boston would be hard pressed to be better than Coates around the basket (but let’s see), but I hope she will be a little more versatile away from hoop.

Reaction Score
Per Raoul: Eniya Russell’s top-5: Georgetown, Indiana, Kentucky, Miami (FL), and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
I have seen Kentucky in so many top 100 kids top 5/10

Curious who they end up with, they are in contention for a lot of good kids this cycle.

Reaction Score
I could see Reese off the bench at the 2, 3, and 4 until her junior year where she could start at the 3 with Brea and Cooke in the Backcourt at the 1 and 2 with Amihere and Boston at the 4 and 5. For those who are questioning her shooting... well it’s coming and FAST! I too questioned Reese’s ability to play on the perimeter without a jumpshot and she shut me up. Her game has grown big time this summer! IMO she and Paige has separated themselves from the pack this summer. Paige in the U19 and Reese on the EYBL circuit. Reese shot 18/37 for 48% bta and averaged 19.7 ppg, 13.1 rpg, 4.9 apg, 2.2 bpg, and 1.6 spg in total of all three EYBL sessions and led her team to the Nike Nationals Championship. She’s the real deal and Dawn I’m sure would be jumping for joy if she commits to SC. She’s definitely one of those kids where you don’t know where to play them but you super glad you don’t have to play against them.
With some of the quotes from this kid about her wanting to grab the rebound and take off without finding the point guard and emphasizing and reiterating it....I don’t see her waiting her turn behind anybody for two seasons.

Reaction Score

I don’t see Littleton playing much PG. SG/W look to be the positions she’ll likely man as a Gamecock.

As for Reese, not sure about our odds, but she is a need as someone who could play at the 3 & 4 and average around 15 minutes.

Reaction Score
I don’t see Littleton playing much PG. SG/W look to be the positions she’ll likely man as a Gamecock.

As for Reese, not sure about our odds, but she is a need as someone who could play at the 3 & 4 and average around 15 minutes.

Oxford comma.

Littleton is a 2/3.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With some of the quotes from this kid about her wanting to grab the rebound and take off without finding the point guard and emphasizing and reiterating it....I don’t see her waiting her turn behind anybody for two seasons.
I'm not sure Reese's chances of starting as a Freshman or Sophomore would improve drastically by going to Maryland either. In the front court Reese will have to beat out Collins, Owens, and Austin for playing time for three years and two years respectively. At the wing she would have to beat out Miller, Mikesell and Masonius who are all superior deep shooters to Reese. BTW the Maryland roster is generously listing Diamond Miller as 6'3" which she is clearly not, that girl can play though.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I agree except for Wake Forest. That one's out of left field for me. Not particularly special academically, and by far the weakest basketball program among those listed.

I find the list interesting because it couldn't be more geographically diverse: one west coast school, one local, one northern/midwestern, one northeastern, one southeastern.
Believe it or not, Wake is tied with Michigan in the US News rankings. In terms of undergraduate experiences, I'd say Wake has pretty solid academic bona fides. Top to bottom when including graduate programs, it's definitely no Michigan, but for undergraduate academic experience, I think her list makes a fair amount of sense.

But yeah, in terms of athletics, definitely the outlier! Maybe it's the safety school on the list??

Little late to this thread, but would like to add to it in part because my younger son went there and have one or two things to add into the mix.

- The undergrad experience at Wake is very solid, both from and arts and letters perspective, as well as business. Their president, Nathaniel Hatch, has focused a lot of his energy and instituted a core curriculum program that resembles the one he ran at Notre Dame, where he was the #2 guy for years.

- Wake is a really nice mid-sized school, so while it offers solid education and contacts, it's not too large.

- As for the hoops, I would not at all be surprised if Melissa Errico, a Wake assistant coach, had something to do with this. The ND alum (a former post) has been working her way up the coaching ladder for a number of years and did a solid job recruiting and coaching bigs at Yale before heading to WF just before last year.

Wake has done well with its women's soccer and field hockey teams. Have always felt they could do better in hoops and should field a girls' lacrosse team, given how many students they get from the mid-Atlantic states.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

One last small point: ND is known quantity at Dowling Catholic, her high school, which according to our midwest posters on The Bench, sends multiple students each year to Notre Dame.

That said, I'll just keep crossing fingers and thinking good thoughts. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Reese's chances of starting as a Freshman or Sophomore would improve drastically by going to Maryland either. In the front court Reese will have to beat out Collins, Owens, and Austin for playing time for three years and two years respectively. At the wing she would have to beat out Miller, Mikesell and Masonius who are all superior deep shooters to Reese. BTW the Maryland roster is generously listing Diamond Miller as 6'3" which she is clearly not, that girl can play though.
She could be a transfer waiting to happen if she’s unwilling for her game to be modified and/or unwilling to wait her turn at both schools and possibly Tennessee as well.

On another note Clark has a Top 3. Does anyone know if Van Lith has a top 10, top 15 or anything. There’s been a lot speculation about Van Lith, but I haven’t seen or could’ve missed the list on her possible landing spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom