Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 117 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Has a nice hook shot too. At 6’9”, if that is consistent it would be tough to guard for anyone.
Twitter
It was mentioned here earlier, but she doesn’t have the typical 6’9” frame we saw on Mulkey or Aquino. Has a strong frame. I think she could be really good if she chooses the right program.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Has a nice hook shot too. At 6’9”, if that is consistent it would be tough to guard for anyone. It was mentioned here earlier, but she doesn’t have the typical 6’9” frame we saw on Mulkey or Aquino. Has a strong frame. I think she could be really good if she chooses the right program.

She has a very nice face up game and an excellent touch from the foul line. The issue that I see is pace and conditioning. Typically she is the last person down the court even at this level of competition.

Reaction Score
OSU Beavers also have 6'7" Freshman Patricia Morris, who may still be growing!

Reaction Score
Their 2019 class would also be by far the biggest. 6’9” Aquino who will be a RSF, 6’9 Mitrovic, 6’6” Brown, and 6’3” Jones.

PS Everyone say a prayer for Taylor Jones. Her mother passed away today.

That’s A LOT of height! Interested to see how coach Rueck utilize them all.

I’m so very sorry to hear that! That is terrible news, especially being the year just started and she will graduate in 4 months! The Jones family is definitely in my prayers!

Reaction Score
Jelena Mitrovic (along with her mother, father and sister) visited Oregon State this past weekend and on Sunday were at the game against Washington, according to comments on Benny's House. Since she has been to Rutgers and Iowa already, my guess is that she and her family will make their last stop at Arizona State on Friday, January 11, to watch the game against Stanford. It will be interesting thereafter to see how long it takes before she announces her school selection.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't know if any top players are on these teams but Sacred Heart Cathedral vs St. Ignatius is on ELVNHD tonight at 8:00 CT. That is channel 1665 with UVerse. It is rare to see high school girls' regular season basketball games on television here in the Midwest.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
In all fairness, I don't know if the subject of this ESPNw article -- Mila Reynolds -- is "under the or out of the radar" of UConn at this point of her scholastic career. After all, she's just into her frosh year (2022) and one reason Mila Reynolds is probably featured is that she happens to attend the same high school (Washington) in South Bend, Indiana, that one Skylar Diggins did. Height-wise (Mila is 6'2"), she reminds me of another Washington-ND dual graduate, Jacqueline Batteast.

A high school freshman is staking a claim to Skylar Diggins' old stomping grounds

In any case, Mila and her sister Amiyah have been regulars at ND games for many years.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Aijha Blackwell has enrolled at Cardinal Ritter Prep in St. Louis. The MSHSAA has yet to rule her eligible to play this season, her senior season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nice, though I think the relevant USC has a slightly better class.

I would agree. The University of Southern California can use whatever help they can get, as they got their doors blown off yesterday by 40 points courtesy of Sabrina Ionescu and her Oregon Ducks teammates in a game that was never close.

The Trojans should not take that beat down personally. The Ducks also opened up a 40 point can on the Cougars of Washington State 5 days before. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Well, Parish is from Indiana, so the 3 Big 10 team choices make sense. Two SEC and two Pac-12 teams also...I can see the attraction of some, but the recent spike in interest in Oregon by top prospects for a program with no significant history of accomplishments except for the past season or two is a bit odd. UCLA I can understand because of the great location (heck, I'd live in the area myself if I could afford a decent home there) and its academics, although Cori Close is underachieving as their head coach. Uncle Phil's "investments" in the UofO continue to pay dividends. That a school can buy its way into sports prominence is nothing new I guess.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, Parish is from Indiana, so the 3 Big 10 team choices make sense. Two SEC and two Pac-12 teams also...I can see the attraction of some, but the recent spike in interest in Oregon by top prospects for a program with no significant history of accomplishments except for the past season or two is a bit odd. UCLA I can understand because of the great location (heck, I'd live in the area myself if I could afford a decent home there) and its academics, although Cori Close is underachieving as their head coach. Uncle Phil's "investments" in the UofO continue to pay dividends. That a school can buy its way into sports prominence is nothing new I guess.
You can understand her interest in UCLA but not Oregon? If a few of "Uncle Phil's" investments happen to trickle down and benefit WCBB I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure but seems like some ND fans are asking the same question.
https://ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=60523;d=this
@Orangutan is mentioned in the above thread and might know better.

well we have the ND expert here somewhere...........I believe she was at that big shindig last fall but I don't remember here ever getting an actual offer.....................you would think she would be a natural fit for ND but perhaps they just didn't see it that way........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not sure but seems like some ND fans are asking the same question.
https://ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=60523;d=this
@Orangutan is mentioned in the above thread and might know better.
well we have the ND expert here somewhere......I believe she was at that big shindig last fall but I don't remember here ever getting an actual offer......you would think she would be a natural fit for ND but perhaps they just didn't see it that way...

Hey there.

While Parrish did, indeed, attend the Recruitapalooza, interaction between she and ND just kind of fizzled out. Heard from one or two folks that Syd and ND had agreed to "go their own way" (tip of the hat to Fleetwood Mac) and apparently that was the case.

Initially, some thought this may have to do with the pursuit of another wing, Haley Jones. But even taking that aside, some think Campbell's continued growth spurt (at 6 ft. now) positioned her in the same slot as Parrish. Plus, there's a familiar-sounding family that has produced a wing: Maddy Westbeld, a 6'2" prospect that recently took in a game with her parents.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yes, I see UCLA as a more desirable place to play than the University of Oregon. I already gave 2 good reasons. I acknowledge that a shiny object attraction is a factor for some recruits, hence the increased interest. If not, schools would not be playing the arms race - facilities game.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
yes, I see UCLA as a more desirable place to play than the University of Oregon. I already gave 2 good reasons.
You gave two reason, good is "highly" subjective. What I was specifically poking at is your rationale that UCLA has a more recent significant history for WCBB than Oregon. :eek:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Surprised by the omission of both ND and Louisville from her list of the final 7.

This surprised me as well, Louisville mainly though. Are recruits cooling down on the Cardinals? This also tells me in a way that Notre Dame is likely all in on Caitlin Clark. One is a PG and the other a SG.. but they’re both just a “big guard” in ND’s offense. Might be a take for McGraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom