Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 116 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Blackwell played in one game, scored 31 points, and has not played since. In order for her to play in Missouri, her parents will have to move to another county. In talking to them last season I thought they were satisfied with her playing at Whitfield. I was looking for the rematch with Incarnate Word Academy during the holidays.

Reaction Score
Blackwell played in one game, scored 31 points, and has not played since. In order for her to play in Missouri, her parents will have to move to another county. In talking to them last season I thought they were satisfied with her playing at Whitfield. I was looking for the rematch with Incarnate Word Academy during the holidays.

must have had a fight with the coach about playing time...............:rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Um, I recognize the player with the braids, headband, and Mitty jersey.

There's a photo of Azzi Fudd, but the narrative says the St. John's team is anchored by Tshitenge-Mutombo. Really?
Here's the quote:
"The Cadets are led by sophomore phenom Azzi Fudd, who some consider the best player in the country, regardless of class and anchored by elite forward Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo, a North Carolina commit."

"Led" and "some consider best player in the country" seems to indicate your glasses need some stronger lenses or is it a comprehension aspect? :rolleyes:

And thanks, by the way, I am now all in on Azzi Fudd as my new #1 with Paige Bueckers a close 2nd (she can hold my focus for the one year in UConn until Azzi arrives).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
if my memory is correct this Indiana recruit doesn't have Notre Dame on her list

Sydney Parrish is one of Indy's top scorers. But her defense has made a good player elite.

She posted (and it's still her pinned tweet) an edit with a bunch of logos surrounding a picture of her. It's hard to know whether it is a list or not.

At any rate, the current best guess is that there is no longer mutual interest between she and ND. But it's often hard to know who exactly ND is or isn't recruiting.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
if my memory is correct this Indiana recruit doesn't have Notre Dame on her list

Sydney Parrish is one of Indy's top scorers. But her defense has made a good player elite.

"Mutual interest" (to use MM's terms of recruiting endearment) seems to have waned. Sydney Parrish, when she was younger, was a steady attendee of ND's camps and, as you might recall, took part in ND's recruitapalooza in 2017.

But Ms. Parrish and ND seem to not be in touch that much any more. Ali Campbell is a tall guard (just under 6') who seems to still be growing and Katherine Westbeld's younger sister, Maddy, made her first appearance in ND's recruit section during the UConn game. Maddy is also 6'2" and plays the wing.

ND does not need a lot of guards in the class of 2020, particularly since Campbell has already committed, but given the intense competition for a few certain players, it's worth keeping options open in my very prudent opinion (however, I do like broccoli!)

Reaction Score
"Mutual interest" (to use MM's terms of recruiting endearment) seems to have waned. Sydney Parrish, when she was younger, was a steady attendee of ND's camps and, as you might recall, took part in ND's recruitapalooza in 2017.

But Ms. Parrish and ND seem to not be in touch that much any more. Ali Campbell is a tall guard (just under 6') who seems to still be growing and Katherine Westbeld's younger sister, Maddy, made her first appearance in ND's recruit section during the UConn game. Maddy is also 6'2" and plays the wing.

ND does not need a lot of guards in the class of 2020, particularly since Campbell has already committed, but given the intense competition for a few certain players, it's worth keeping options open in my very prudent opinion (however, I do like broccoli!)

it's interesting because she's still rated very highly even above Campbell at least in Hoopgurlz.......................I would have said perhaps she wants to get out of Indiana but she has Purdue and Butler on her list.....................not to worry UConn's not on her list either...........

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Orangutan, post: 2955047, member: 4946 But it's often hard to know who exactly ND is or isn't recruiting.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling......................:rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
it's interesting because she's still rated very highly even above Campbell at least in Hoopgurlz........I would have said perhaps she wants to get out of Indiana but she has Purdue and Butler on her list......not to worry UConn's not on her list either......

Oh, Parrish is talented and both HG and Prospect's Nation rankings reflect this (#11 in HG, 18 PN, respectively). And she performed well enough at the U.S. National Team tryouts to make the semi-finals at the U16 and U17 trials.

Campbell, by comparison is just a bit behind her (#24 HG, 23 PN), but she did have a very strong showing at the U17 trials, getting to the top 18 (as did Gusters, for instance). And she had a very strong AAU showing in her first season with the Philly Belles, which carries some cred with MM, who has two current players from that organization (Vaughn, Cosgrove).

Plus -- you and I (and others) have had this conversation -- MM is looking for the right fit in the system, with her approach, with her future and potential teammates, etc.. That's how a much lower-rated Abby Prohaska was among the first to commit to this year's frosh class (although Proshaska, while not a McDonald's All-American, made the U.S. National Team).

As "FutureTitles" brought up, she's been to Knoxville more than a few times, so maybe Holly W. is working her magic on Sydney. And lastly, as Orangutan, the drapes at ND Recruiting Central are pulled pretty tight, so who knows if there's a reversal at some point. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Turned away? How is that when u were the number 1 recruit in the country. Who would pass up that. Doesn’t make sense she got passed up.. did it occur that Sam decided that ND was the right place for her? Seems that every time a top recruit decides on another school it’s we backed off...sam even said she was offered a scholly from UCONN so that wouldn’t change in less then a year ... she frankly backed off on UCONN not the other way around.. she took visits and knew ND was a better fit.. it happens

thank you....finally someone has some sense on this board concerning Brunelle

Reaction Score

I'm still unclear about the entire SB situation and I have a feeling most here don't want to discuss it any more......................simply for clarity's sake, is it your position that Brunelle was actually offered by UConn and then as time passed UConn showed less and less interest or was it the other way around? If I remember correctly you were posting that UConn was ignoring her but that she was still very much interested in them.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So let's put this on a timeline and revisit your previous statements on the matter.
According to your prior posts the Brunelle family visited UCONN around New years going into 2018 and at that time Samantha was ready to commit to UCONN. Additional you stated that the Family could not reach Geno specifically or anyone on the UCONN staff to confirm that the UCONN scholarship offer was still good. In late March/early April 2018 you notified us that Samantha would be making a college decision around tax day if I remember correctly and "unfortunately" it would not be UCONN. Then you disappeared from the BY. Did you think I would forget? If you want to walk back any of your previous post please do so and save me the trouble of digging them up.
Here is what I'm thinking: When a player calls a school and wants to commit to a scholarship offer and pick up the phone and the school doesn't return the call the school is really not that that interested. Of course I would never have know any of this unless you told me.

In part two let's talk about Samantha's performance over the summer at USA basketball because you were MIA all summer.

Reaction Score
So let's put this on a timeline and revisit your previous statements on the matter.
According to your prior posts the Brunelle family visited UCONN around New years going into 2018 and at that time Samantha was ready to commit to UCONN. Additional you stated that the Family could not reach Geno specifically or anyone on the UCONN staff to confirm that the UCONN scholarship offer was still good. In late March/early April 2018 you notified us that Samantha would be making a college decision around tax day if I remember correctly and "unfortunately" it would not be UCONN. Then you disappeared from the BY. Did you think I would forget? If you want to walk back any of your previous post please do so and save me the trouble of digging them up.
Here is what I'm thinking: When a player calls a school and wants to commit to a scholarship offer and pick up the phone and the school doesn't return the call the school is really not that that interested. Of course I would never have know any of this unless you told me.

that's pretty much how I remember it too and thus my question after Dolphan agreed with that statement about SB finding ND to be the right school for her....................can't have it both ways

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
2019 6'9" C Jelena Mitrovic from Serbia has already visited Rutgers and Iowa and has remaining visits to Oregon State and Arizona State.
Would be a major get for RU. Her and Davenport inside would be nice.

Reaction Score
Would be a major get for RU. Her and Davenport inside would be nice.
I've always wanted to see what Stringer who prides herself on defense could do with a tall shot blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom