Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 152 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
2020 6’3” Center Isobel Anstey from Australia is also on an OV this weekend. You might remember her from the U19 championship game where she had a double double against the likes of Boston, Egbo, and Belibi. She’s very good.

She #15 in this video. She's OK by going to need more bulk to play center though. The contesting in the post against Belibi & Boston was mostly done by her teammates.

Reaction Score
She #15 in this video. She's OK by going to need more bulk to play center though. The contesting in the post against Belibi & Boston was mostly done by her teammates.
It is interesting because she played really well in the final -- 16 points (7-10 FG), 12 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 blocks, but was a no show in the first game -- 4 points (1-6 FG) and 5 rebounds.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Irish M&M Coaches Visit Texas To See Deja Kelly

ND Head Coach Muffet McGraw and Assistant Coach Michaela Mabrey (who will work with point guards) were in Texas to visit 2020 prospect, combo guard Deja Kelly. This visit comes about a a week and a half prior to Kelly and Alasia Hayes taking official visits (OV's) to Notre Dame on Sept. 27th. Kelly has taken an unofficial visit to ND.

Reaction Score
UCF picks up a commitment from 6-2 F Ashton Verhulst, the sister of 2021 target Payton Verhulst.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Sarah Andrews visiting Mississippi State tomorrow.

She's exploring her options outside of Texas. Good for her to have this smart mind.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Gonna be a pretty big weekend for us. Finally some stuff going on in Starkville in women's basketball as I know we have limited spots so we're minimally looked at this year. And there's been empty recruiting news for 4 months now.

Last time we hosted 3 people (Cooks, Moore, Morris), 2 ended up committing. I expect one this time, but if we provide a great atmosphere and beat Kentucky in football I predict 2. Our football has gotten to a point where Kentucky is considered the better bet going into the game.....so must do this university justice this weekend so that this weekend in Starkville ends with an air of happiness.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I highly doubt Andrews ends up at State but I do think MSU gets Hayes and another good player. When is Cardosa suppose to visit?

Elauna Eaton is visiting USC this weekend.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt Andrews ends up at State but I do think MSU gets Hayes and another good player. When is Cardosa suppose to visit?

Elauna Eaton is visiting USC this weekend.
I agree regarding Andrews. I think it will be difficult to get her away from Baylor or Texas. However, things have gone much further with her than I expected. I still would be pleasantly surprised if she committed.

Cardosa visited on the same weekend as Cooks, Morris and Moore. This was during the spring. My understanding is she had a very good time but did not commit. I also understand that she is going to take another visit this fall.

I agree regarding Madison Hayes. Her name has been very consistent. I am also curious as to Treasure Hunt. There are a lot of ties with her.

Reaction Score

Good for Florida. They signed a very good class last year and off to a good start for this one. They are still in the running for other 4 star recruits. Cam definitely needs more talent, seems to be on the way.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND coaches visited Leilani Kapinus @Dillon77 @Orangutan

Thanks DaBball. I'm here and there today, but if memory is correct, I saw a mention of her once a few years back then nothing. In fact, ND was not on her Top 15 list from earlier in the year. However, I did note that LSU was on her top 15 list and the Director of Recruiting for LSU at that time was one Michaela Mabrey, now working back at her alma mater, Notre Dame. Perhaps Mabrey dropped a dime to have Ms. Kapinus consider her new place of employment? ;)

Will be interesting to see what comes of it with OVs to ND by Alasia Hayes and Deja Kelly taking place this weekend and another round of OVs taking place Oct. 11-13 by Caitlin Clark, Maddy Westbeld and verbal commit Alli Campbell.

This article on her from a year ago says she's enjoying point guard but some see her being able to handle the wing. Given ND's propensity for multiple guards, that sounds an interesting recipe.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Ah.. Damn. I would hate seeing Leilani Kapinus in an Irish uniform for the next 4 years. Before the injury she was the best defender in the class of 2020 by a mile. She D up paige pretty good at one of those showcase tournaments. Hope she is fully recovered from the injury and has some other official visits planned.
@Orangutan or @Dillon77 any Irish progress with Caitlin Clark?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Ah.. Damn. I would hate seeing Leilani Kapinus in an Irish uniform for the next 4 years. Before the injury she was the best defender in the class of 2020 by a mile. She D up paige pretty good at one of those showcase tournaments. Hope she is fully recovered from the injury and has some other official visits planned.
@Orangutan or @Dillon77 any Irish progress with Caitlin Clark?

Caitlin Clark (and her family) hold their cards close to the chest. Not much (anything?) on social media. While Muffet, Michaela Mabrey and/or Beth Morgan Cunningham have been doing the road show this month, no word or visual proof it's hit the Clark household and/or Dowling Catholic H.S. in Iowa. The Bench's MPG reports that while Iowa State and Iowa fan bases acknowledge ND will be a tough out, Iowa fans seem pretty upbeat about their chances.

That said, we do know Caitlin Clark is due to take her official visit to Notre Dame on the weekend of Oct. 11 to Oct. 13th. That's the same weekend as Maddy Westbeld and, notably, verbal commit Alli Campbell, who was an early Irish commit. Can't help but think that Campbells' presence on that weekend was something the Irish coaches were happy to have..

This must be a tough choice for Ms. Clark because she took a nearly covert unofficial trip to South Bend in June and you can almost guarantee she's visited the Iowa schools (her brother does play football for Iowa State). Better to be thorough up front than have immediate doubts. (Leaves a lot of coaches and fans on edge though ;) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger