Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 154 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
L’ville’s Elizabeth Dixon and Elizabeth Balogun have been cleared to play this year.
I assumed they would all along.

Here's a link to the Louisville Courier Journal article on that:

Although the approval was widely expected, this is still quite a fortuitous development for the Cardinals: Coach Walz finds some pretty solid successors to guard Asia Durr and center Sam Fuehring. Elizabeth Balogun, the 6'1" guard was the ACC rookie of the year, and Liz Dixon, the 6'5" center, made the All-ACC Frosh team. Having her in the lineup allows Kylie Shook to roam the mid-range and beyond where she's proven to be very effective.

That new home and home series with Louisville just became a whole lot more challenging for the Irish. :eek:

As an I

Last edited:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
News from Bulldog Nation. I believe either Andrews or Hayes have committed. Hasn't been revealed who yet, but I'm sure in a few hours our main writer will spill the soup.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Just like I thought after the Bayron Matos thing...

Madison Hayes is a Bulldog.

landscape.jpg

Reaction Score
Big get for Vic as he strikes in Tennessee again. She cancelled officials to North Carolina, Tennessee and Louisville. South Carolina made a late push, but it wasn't enough.

Reaction Score
Speaking of, who exactly is left on their board besides Westbeld?
That is IT! Crazy, right? VolNation had a long list and it just dwindled, dwindled, and dwindled. Taliyah Mendina reportedly has an offer too, so maybe they shift some focus to her?

Reaction Score

Its official, Hayes to MSU. MSU got a great player

I agree. M Hayes is a very similar player to the type of player Coach Schaefer has been recruiting the last few seasons: a long athletic guard that can play multiple positions. Over the last two years he has gotten some really high ranked players in that 5-10 to 6-2 range with A Espinoza-Hunter, J Hemingway, R Jackson, and X Wiggins.
I’ll be interested to see what happens with the other wings they were recruiting such as T Hunt and A Edwards.

Reaction Score
That is IT! Crazy, right? VolNation had a long list and it just dwindled, dwindled, and dwindled. Taliyah Mendina reportedly has an offer too, so maybe they shift some focus to her?

Yep, that's IT. LVs needed a wing to replace Davis, who could leave after this season, and a solid PF this year. Harper will have to look at Grad Transfers this spring.

Reaction Score
I heard Vic was making a big push for A. Edwards but there is rarely any recruiting info when it comes to her.

I am not sure where Cardoso ends up.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What's in the water down there in Starkville? This is some bull

Reaction Score
Big get for Vic as he strikes in Tennessee again. She cancelled officials to North Carolina, Tennessee and Louisville. South Carolina made a late push, but it wasn't enough.

No SC didn’t. We weren’t even in her top 5.

Reaction Score
I agree. M Hayes is a very similar player to the type of player Coach Schaefer has been recruiting the last few seasons: a long athletic guard that can play multiple positions. Over the last two years he has gotten some really high ranked players in that 5-10 to 6-2 range with A Espinoza-Hunter, J Hemingway, R Jackson, and X Wiggins.
I’ll be interested to see what happens with the other wings they were recruiting such as T Hunt and A Edwards.
A quality coach makes a lot of difference in recruiting. Most of these young ladies are willing to do the extra work it takes to play at the elite level. Just hope Vic can land Cardoso!

Reaction Score
No SC didn’t. We weren’t even in her top 5.
Sure did. She said it herself she had an in-home visit with Dawn and her staff this week, but she cancelled it.

Reaction Score
Isn't Vic about out of scholarships at this point? Or has he been a granted a waiver of that rule too?
He has one more. One of their players retired from BB this year.

Reaction Score
Sure did. She said it herself she had an in-home visit with Dawn and her staff this week, but she cancelled it.

Can you confirm? As far as I know SC has only been recruiting guards Diamond Jonhson, Treasure Hunt, Eniya Russell, and Angel Reese since July.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Can you confirm? As far as I know SC has only been recruiting guards Diamond Jonhson, Treasure Hunt, Eniya Russell, and Angel Reese since July.

We offered Hayes a LONG time ago. She was offered after an Elite Camp I'm sure. The last 6 months or so we softened our recruitment on her in favor of other players and then tried to re-enter the game late. So you're both correct.. we weren't recruiting her heavily until recently when we tried to re-enter the race. It happens. Hayes is a great get for State.

I have my assumptions for why SC pivoted back to Hayes, but I'll save it for the private recruiting thread.

Reaction Score
We offered Hayes a LONG time ago. She was offered after an Elite Camp I'm sure. The last 6 months or so we softened our recruitment on her in favor of other players and then tried to re-enter the game late. So you're both correct.. we weren't recruiting her heavily until recently when we tried to re-enter the race. It happens. Hayes is a great get for State.

I have my assumptions for why SC pivoted back to Hayes, but I'll save it for the private recruiting thread.
I kinda get the vibes Treasure and her mother really, really like Kentucky. I’ve always sort of felt that. I could still see her ending up at SC or Baylor though.

Reaction Score
Tennessee board believes even if they don’t get any 2020 recruits, they’ll be okay. Didn’t that happen a few years before. How well did that work out??

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Tennessee board believes even if they don’t get any 2020 recruits, they’ll be okay. Didn’t that happen a few years before. How well did that work out??

i dont think it will be ok at all..kelly has had a lot of recruits in on official and unofficial visits, but nothing..2020 will be a huge bust for her unfortunately...shades of her recruiting failures at nc state

Reaction Score
I assume this would've been a Dawn-less in home as Dawn has been preoccupied the last week and a half in Miami and PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom