Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 155 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i dont think it will be ok at all..kelly has had a lot of recruits in on official and unofficial visits, but nothing..2020 will be a huge bust for her unfortunately...shades of her recruiting failures at nc state

That’s what I’m sayin

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Orangutan Raoul posting Kelly is visiting UNC. Interesting.

Just saw that. Alasia Hayes was also supposed to be visiting this weekend. I have no idea whether those visits got moved or if just Hayes is there this weekend or what.

It may be just as well that she's not in South Bend this weekend. There have been thunderstorms all day in Chicago and from looking at the radar, it appears that South Bend has been getting them, too.

I would say that Deja must have a pretty good feel for ND at this point. Muffet and Michaela were just down to Duncanville to see her 10 days ago. And ND also visited her in the previous home visit period. Hopefully, she just rescheduled her ND visit but if not she's at least had plenty of face time with the coaches.

Ideally, she will have rescheduled her visit to the weekend that Clark and Westbeld are coming and all three will commit at the same time... That's the dream anyway :)

Reaction Score
i dont think it will be ok at all..kelly has had a lot of recruits in on official and unofficial visits, but nothing..2020 will be a huge bust for her unfortunately...shades of her recruiting failures at nc state
As much as I enjoy seeing Tenn lose I’d like to see her do well just not there. She’s got to be able to coach. You don’t get Missouri St that deep into the tournament just being lucky

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Clearly the embarrassment of the TN football team is hurting Lady Vol recruiting. :oops:;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Iosbel Antsey committed to UCLA over South Carolina.

Nice article on the decision

Reaction Score
Nice article on the decision

Nice choice for her. It’s hard getting an Aussie to commit East when they’re over 3,000 miles away from home. Surprise Bibby even came as far as Mississippi St. It’s hard to beat out a city like LA and she has another Aussie on her squad and could be their starting center in a couple years. She would’ve likely backed up Boston at SC. Good luck to her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I heard Vic was making a big push for A. Edwards but there is rarely any recruiting info when it comes to her.

I am not sure where Cardoso ends up.

Where are you hearing this about Vic and Edwards? It seems that MSU insiders don't know what is going on with Edwards. Any idea what the big push is? I would think at a minimum it would involve a MSU coach traveling to San Juan to watch her play. I'm not aware that's happened but there is one day left in the AmeriCup tournament.

Reaction Score
Where are you hearing this about Vic and Edwards? It seems that MSU insiders don't know what is going on with Edwards. Any idea what the big push is? I would think at a minimum it would involve a MSU coach traveling to San Juan to watch her play. I'm not aware that's happened but there is one day left in the AmeriCup tournament.

From someone inside MSU. They think its a long shot but they are still actively recruiting her, they still have to get her in on campus. There has been mutual interest for sure. I heard some rumors swirling with her being interested in Louisville a lot. I don't know if she visited though. Kentucky is another player in her recruitment.

MSU has a better shot with Cardoso IMO than getting Edwards. Edwards is extremely quiet and doesn't share much so recruiting information is hard to gather.

Reaction Score
Brenda was in Puerto Rico...maybe she’s making a push for Edwards? She still has Scott and Reese on her radar though of course.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From someone inside MSU. They think its a long shot but they are still actively recruiting her, they still have to get her in on campus. There has been mutual interest for sure. I heard some rumors swirling with her being interested in Louisville a lot. I don't know if she visited though. Kentucky is another player in her recruitment.

MSU has a better shot with Cardoso IMO than getting Edwards. Edwards is extremely quiet and doesn't share much so recruiting information is hard to gather.

The guy on the Miss State board who seems to know all that's going on with recruiting says he's heard nothing about Edwards.

Jody Demling listed Edwards as a Louisville recruit to watch at the end of August while noting that he's heard nothing about her and Louisville. Since Demling gets his info from the Louisville coaches that means they had heard nothing. Demling's most recent list does not include Edwards.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Brenda was in Puerto Rico...maybe she’s making a push for Edwards? She still has Scott and Reese on her radar though of course.

That's news. Was she at the AmeriCup? If so, which day?

Reaction Score
The guy on the Miss State board who seems to know all that's going on with recruiting says he's heard nothing about Edwards.

Jody Demling listed Edwards as a Louisville recruit to watch at the end of August while noting that he's heard nothing about her and Louisville. Since Demling gets his info from the Louisville coaches that means they had heard nothing. Demling's most recent list does not include Edwards.
Yeah, Demling definitely knows every little thing about what is going on. Him excluding Edwards likely means she is a no go. He reported Madison Hayes cancelled her visit days before she even announced her commitment to Mississippi State.

The Mississippi State guy seems pretty good too, but I don’t get the vibes that he’s as connected to the staff as Demling is. He also said he kinda has not much of an idea about Edwards and Cardoso.

I’m still feeling Edwards is UConn’s to lose.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the first day. If you check the gallery of the first game (maybe second) there is a pic of her.

Are you thinking of Suzy Merchant? She was there the first day.

Reaction Score
Are you thinking of Suzy Merchant? She was there the first day.
1569791094474.jpeg

I think that’s Brenda in the back? Looks like it at least for me.

Reaction Score

Is Edwards more of a stretch four or wing? It seems like they have been trying to get someone to replace E Martinez. They also had D Gaston visit the same weekend as M Hayes and S Andrews.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
View attachment 46749
I think that’s Brenda in the back? Looks like it at least for me.

That does look like Brenda. Interesting. Perhaps she is not feeling confident about Reese.

I don't necessarily agree on Edwards and UConn, at least not right now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That does look like Brenda. Interesting. Perhaps she is not feeling confident about Reese.

I don't necessarily agree on Edwards and UConn, at least not right now.

Sneaky. Trying to blend into the chairs. ;)

Reaction Score

I guess it’s never wrong to have options. I have doubts about Brenda’s coaching at times but I don’t doubt her recruiting, that she does very well.

Edwards is such a weird recruitment. I don’t think anyone knows what schools she is seriously interested in pursuing or where she is heading. Whoever gets her is getting a good player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom