Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 148 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A big potential set back for them: 6-5 Tai-Yanna Jackson isn’t listed on the 19-20 roster.
Tai-Yanna took Ole Miss off of both her Twitter and Instagram, so I guess it is unlikely she makes it to Ole Miss for the 19-20 season, unless she is perhaps a very late qualifier (if that is still poss
No offense to any of the teams in her final five, but this list of schools is not what you would expect for the #14 ranked player in country.
I actually went back and watched some of one of Mir's games on BallerTV, and they were playing McNamara, and it isn't tough to see why some of the bigger name programs may not have been too serious about Scott. She is extremely talented, but her attitude is terrible -- shaking her head and throwing her arms up when a teammate makes a mistake, and complaining to ref every play, not hard to see why some schools might have passed up on her.

Reaction Score
Tai-Yanna took Ole Miss off of both her Twitter and Instagram, so I guess it is unlikely she makes it to Ole Miss for the 19-20 season, unless she is perhaps a very late qualifier (if that is still possible)}

Did you see all the vaping videos on her twitter and usage of the N word? I can't imagine many D1 programs would touch that lack of discretion online with a 10 ft pole!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tai-Yanna took Ole Miss off of both her Twitter and Instagram, so I guess it is unlikely she makes it to Ole Miss for the 19-20 season, unless she is perhaps a very late qualifier (if that is still poss
I actually went back and watched some of one of Mir's games on BallerTV, and they were playing McNamara, and it isn't tough to see why some of the bigger name programs may not have been too serious about Scott. She is extremely talented, but her attitude is terrible -- shaking her head and throwing her arms up when a teammate makes a mistake, and complaining to ref every play, not hard to see why some schools might have passed up on her.
For a second there I though you were talking about Angel Reese. :eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She very well may have learned it from Reese with Takeover, glad Mir didn’t learn it (from what I’ve seen)!
Must be a DMV area thing. If Mir did learn it she will "unlearn" by the time her first summer session practice is over in July of 2020.

Reaction Score
I think that has to be unprecedented. 3 schools already before her Fr. year begins?
It has got to be an issue with admissions or some requirements she’s not meeting. I know (d) well you can’t be that confused even if you’re a teenager. Gohlee!

Reaction Score
Feel like it’s been a long time since anyone released finalists, but kind of an unusual list for a top-30 prospect:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Feel like it’s been a long time since anyone released finalists, but kind of an unusual list for a top-30 prospect:

Florida, Virginia, Michigan, Louisville, Illinois. Yeah, I'd say unusual.

Two of those teams (Florida and Illinois) were among the very worst P5 teams in the country (3rd and 5th lowest by Massey). And Virginia wasn't much better.

Illinois is her home state team, so there's that.

Reaction Score
Its been rough sledding for Florida ever since Amanda Butler left. They graduated their top scorer this year Nakkasoglu. Their 2nd leading scorer just transferred to Clemson.

They did sign a 5 star and 4 star player in the 2019 class, and their freshman (now sophomore) Ariel Johnson should be much improved this year after some very solid play in her first year. Still have ways to go though... They do have more bodies and size this year but still going to be a bottom of the conference team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Florida, Virginia, Michigan, Louisville, Illinois. Yeah, I'd say unusual.
Two of those teams (Florida and Illinois) were among the very worst P5 teams in the country (3rd and 5th lowest by Massey). And Virginia wasn't much better.
Illinois is her home state team, so there's that.
Cameron Williams is an intriguing prospect, wing size but legit post hops from a usually historically good HS program-Whitney Young-whose alumni includes Michelle Obama. She has maintained her ranking (20-30 range) for about 2 full years now just steady but not much noise on AAU circuit. She could be a sleeper but if she ends up at Florida or Illinois we might never hear about her again. I remember reading that she was a very good student so Virginia and Michigan make some sense from an academic angle. Shocking that she has a Louisville offer.
Video of Cameron baseline dunk- very impressive.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cameron Williams is an intriguing prospect, wing size but legit post hops from a usually historically good HS program-Whitney Young-whose alumni includes Michelle Obama. She has maintained her ranking (20-30 range) for about 2 full years now just steady but not much noise on AAU circuit. She could be a sleeper but if she ends up at Florida or Illinois we might never hear about her again. I remember reading that she was a very good student so Virginia and Michigan make some sense from an academic angle. Shocking that she has a Louisville offer.
Video of Cameron baseline dunk- very impressive.

She missed this summer with an injury. She just took an unofficial to Louisville and their beat reporter says they are in great shape to land her. Her father is really good friends with their men's coach (I think they coached together at Xavier, not 100% though).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
On the other hand, Houston just added a top-70 guard, Laila Blair.
Ranked #66 in HG and #72 in PN. Good to see coach Hughey keeping some decent talent home. He's not doing terribly on the recruiting trail, all things considered.

That makes several top 100 HG recruits who have committed to non-p5 schools (albeit none higher than #49):
  • #49 Jerkalia Jordan (5-9 guard, New Orleans area) to Tulane
  • #62 Derrione Rogers (5-11 guard, Chicago area) to DePaul
  • #64 McKayla Williams (6-1 wing, Los Angeles area) to Gonzaga
  • #66 Laila Blair (5-5 point guard, Houston) to Houston
  • #80 Riane Burton (6-1 wing, Houston area) to Cincinnati
  • #87 Maddie Krull (5-9 point guard, Omaha) to South Dakota

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  • #49 Jerkalia Jordan (5-9 guard, New Orleans area) to Tulane

I still can't believe we lost out on her. They better get Eaton, who speaking of just went onto her official to Arkansas this weekend.

Reaction Score
Haley Van Lith names top 8

Surprised by UConn, ND and Oregon. Haven’t heard much about UConn or ND pursuing her and didn’t think Oregon had any room left. And is Louisville really a consideration for her? maybe cause Walz just coaches her in USA? Louisville seems to make every list but it’s hard to tell how serious players are about the Cards.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Haley Van Lith names top 8

Surprised by UConn, ND and Oregon. Haven’t heard much about UConn or ND pursuing her and didn’t think Oregon had any room left. And is Louisville really a consideration for her? maybe cause Walz just coaches her in USA? Louisville seems to make every list but it’s hard to tell how serious players are about the Cards.

That is an old list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99