Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 147 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would love to see Williams at Miss St.

Considering how young the roster is, I am guessing they only take up to 2 kids this year. Cardoso and Williams have to be on the top of their list.

I know Vic is also recruiting Hunt, Hayes, and I think A. Edwards?
Cardoso is their top target. However it is because of her talent and not because they are in urgent need of a post. If they don’t get Kardoso then they hold on another post.
The remaining targets are all very similar players. I predict they take the first to commit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cardoso is their top target. However it is because of her talent and not because they are in urgent need of a post. If they don’t get Kardoso then they hold on another post.
The remaining targets are all very similar players. I predict they take the first to commit.

It will be confusing to the announcers if they get both Cardoso and Kardoso ;):cool::p:D:)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Are some players just having fun putting a school on their list that nobody sees coming and probably has very little chance of being where they end up. Purdue-Ft. Wayne?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Are some players just having fun putting a school on their list that nobody sees coming and probably has very little chance of being where they end up. Purdue-Ft. Wayne?
Shy’s sister Shayla is a freshman on the team for Purdue-Ft. Wayne so she and her may be close and like the idea of playing together

Reaction Score
Sarah Andrews

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_133243.png
    IMG_20190817_133243.png
    472.8 KB · Views: 95

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Demling reports Louisville will get official visits from Gony, Westbeld, Van Lith, Gabriel and Priscilla Williams. L'ville in the mix for Andrews.

He says Edwards recruitment has been quiet.

Van Lith and Louisville? I had not seen them paired together. I could see Hailey Van Lith liking that better than Waco.

Reaction Score
Van Lith and Louisville? I had not seen them paired together. I could see Hailey Van Lith liking that better than Waco.
The eight schools associated with Van Lith were Baylor, UCLA, Louisville, Notre Dame, Uconn, Oregon, Oregon State, and Ohio State. I think they popped up in two separate interviews.

Reaction Score
I can see that as Well. Walz will give her the reigns to do what she wants. She’d have a chance to be the next great Louisville guard behind McCoughty, Schimmel, and Durr.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Andrews ends up at Texas or Baylor

Recruiting is interesting these days so who knows.

I think she and Gusters have been planning on going to Baylor together for a while, but official visits are fun. She could prove me wrong, but since the whole Gusters transfer debacle, I’ve assumed they were going to be a package deal.

But, you’re right... it’s an interesting front these days.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
We at least made Sarah Andrews' top 5, even though I guess she chose 2 Texas schools for a reason. Baylor is stacked to the shelf though.

We also made Priscilla William' top 5. As did Louisville and Florida State for both. Interesting those 3 schools are shared by both girls.

Though Louisville must be loaded to the top now. They have what? -1 spots remaining?

Hoping to trust our chances that we'll end up with at least 1 out of 2, even though Madison Hayes dates MSU basketball commit Bayron Matos. So it's hard to imagine State losing out on all 3 of those.

Reaction Score
We at least made Sarah Andrews' top 5, even though I guess she chose 2 Texas schools for a reason. Baylor is stacked to the shelf though.
Baylor has a four year opening for a pg. Could sorely use Andrews and I'm sure she knows it. Mulkey doesn't like to use frosh as starters but might make an exception with Sarah

Reaction Score
I predict Andrews to Baylor. I highly doubt she leaves the state, if she didn't choose Baylor. She was rumored to be a silent commit and wanting to play with Gusters but wants to enjoy the recruiting process. I heard Kim was recruiting treasure hunt very hard so I am curious if she ends up there. Kim really IMO will make an exception possibly for PG with Andrews as a frosh. If she is good, she will be on the floor, they will take their lumps early but it will be the only way she grows.

Hailey Van Lith is going to come down to the wire. Oregon State has been pretty high on her list the entire recruiting process. Baylor picked up some momentum but that steam seems to have blown off a little, they are still obviously in consideration. I could see Louisville as well. She is very hush hush so she is hard to read.

As far as Miss St. I know they are recruiting Williams, Hayes, Cardoso, Hunt and Edwards. Andrews I highly doubt ends up here. I think they get Hayes and maybe either Williams/Cardoso. I have no inside knowledge on Edwards recruitment. Obviously with limited spots, MSU will be highly selective this year.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The eight schools associated with Van Lith were Baylor, UCLA, Louisville, Notre Dame, Uconn, Oregon, Oregon State, and Ohio State. I think they popped up in two separate interviews.

I remember a number of those teams-- ND included -- being seen on a graphic during and mentioned in the news room after a feature on King5 earlier in the year. However, most of us who (try to) keep track of ND's recruiting over on The Bench have not heard much about Hailey Van Lith and ND. The primary focus on PG has been centered on Caitlin Clark. Other names that have popped up are Deja Kelly and Alasia Hayes.
Hayes was new to most concerned, so who know, maybe there's been a covert "mutual interest" between Hailey Van Lith and Muffet. Both are known to be pretty mum on such matters.

The specter of where Andrews/Van Lith head will be interesting because both could be walking into situations where they could have a chance at starting/playing early, often and for a long time. (Same at ND for Clark, I might add.). Could very much see her at Louisville under Walz, who relied on Hailey Van Lith and Paige a lot. But she's also got the spunk factor that Kim might like a lot. Still can't rule out OSU and the "closer" factor.

As for other Louisville prospects, the concept of seeing Maddy Westbeld in anything red sends shudders down the spine of any Irish fan (sorry, Jenny ;) ). I'm sincerely hoping the Irish get one of the later OV's Maddy and her family have planned. Maybe Alli Campbell -- committed way before she needed an OV -- can drop by the same weekend?

Reaction Score
I remember a number of those teams-- ND included -- being seen on a graphic during and mentioned in the news room after a feature on King5 earlier in the year. However, most of us who (try to) keep track of ND's recruiting over on The Bench have not heard much about Hailey Van Lith and ND. The primary focus on PG has been centered on Caitlin Clark. Other names that have popped up are Deja Kelly and Alasia Hayes.
Hayes was new to most concerned, so who know, maybe there's been a covert "mutual interest" between Hailey Van Lith and Muffet. Both are known to be pretty mum on such matters.

The specter of where Andrews/Van Lith head will be interesting because both could be walking into situations where they could have a chance at starting/playing early, often and for a long time. (Same at ND for Clark, I might add.). Could very much see her at Louisville under Walz, who relied on Hailey Van Lith and Paige a lot. But she's also got the spunk factor that Kim might like a lot. Still can't rule out OSU and the "closer" factor.

As for other Louisville prospects, the concept of seeing Maddy Westbeld in anything red sends shudders down the spine of any Irish fan (sorry, Jenny ;) ). I'm sincerely hoping the Irish get one of the later OV's Maddy and her family have planned. Maybe Alli Campbell -- committed way before she needed an OV -- can drop by the same weekend?
Louisville could definitely use a PG in 2020. Jeff has quite a few guards on the roster, but not sure how many are PGs outside of Dana Evans, who will be a senior when the 2020 class arrives.

Not Including Seniors

This year, at the G positions they have:
Jr. - Dana Evans (#9)
RS So. - Kianna Smith (#17) (will sit 19-20, RS Jr. in 20-21)
RS So. - Lindsey Duvall (#24)
So. - Mykasa Robinson (#30)
So. - Seygan Robins (#37)
So. - Elizabeth Balogun (#15) (assuming she's eligible)
Fr. - Nyah Green (#23)
Fr. - Norika Konno
HS Sr. - Merissah Russell

Oregon State could also use a PG in 2020, this year they'll have:
Jr. - Aleah Goodman (#63)
RS Jr. - Destiny Slocum (#7)
So. - Jasmine Simmons
HS Sr. - Sasha Goforth (#18)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Robinson was a point guard in high school in Ashland, Kentucky. In fact, ND (MM and NIele Ivey) paid her a visit before she initially committed to Colorado, before de-committing and switching to Louisville. Don't know what Walz's plans for her are going forward, but I know she played awfully tough against the Irish last year.

Reaction Score
I predict Andrews to Baylor. I highly doubt she leaves the state, if she didn't choose Baylor. She was rumored to be a silent commit and wanting to play with Gusters but wants to enjoy the recruiting process. I heard Kim was recruiting treasure hunt very hard so I am curious if she ends up there. Kim really IMO will make an exception possibly for PG with Andrews as a frosh. If she is good, she will be on the floor, they will take their lumps early but it will be the only way she grows.

Hailey Van Lith is going to come down to the wire. Oregon State has been pretty high on her list the entire recruiting process. Baylor picked up some momentum but that steam seems to have blown off a little, they are still obviously in consideration. I could see Louisville as well. She is very hush hush so she is hard to read.

As far as Miss St. I know they are recruiting Williams, Hayes, Cardoso, Hunt and Edwards. Andrews I highly doubt ends up here. I think they get Hayes and maybe either Williams/Cardoso. I have no inside knowledge on Edwards recruitment. Obviously with limited spots, MSU will be highly selective this year.
Cardoso and Andrews would be takes due to their level of talent as neither is a position of need for the coming season. Andrews listing MSU in the top five was completely out of left field and I agree that I don’t see it happening. However I’ve consistently heard Cardoso linked with MSU, especially with the development of T McCowan.
M Hayes has also been a consistent name linked with MSU. However P Williams has been referenced more and more recently. I still think the first to commit out of the wing group gets the scholarship. I’m not as familiar with T Hunt’s game but I’d have a difficult time deciding between Hayes, Williams and Edwards. All are gifted players that each bring a unique skill set.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
According to a paid sports site covering ND sports, Notre Dame will have the following Official Visits:

9/28: Deja Kelly and Alasia Hayes (attending during UVA football game)

10/12: Caitlin Clark and Maddy Westbeld (attending during USC game -- that's Southern Cal, folks ;))

In terms of primary interest, I've got to think that the October visit is the one that bears watching during and days after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom