Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 142 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top-50 Gabrielle Elliott announced her top-6: Pitt, Clemson, Marquette, Minnesota, Maryland, and North Carolina.

Reaction Score
Lazaria .... That just sounds like a name that would go to Scarolina. :p

She’s very good for a name like that :cool: but in all seriousness it’s a little early to be excited about the 2022 class when some 2020 recruits hasn’t committed yet and 2021 are trimming down their lists.

Reaction Score
A lot of talent in Arkansas these next couple years. Hopefully we can land Eaton, I know our assistant Aaron has been her main recruiter and apparently Arkansas/NC State will be tough. Her parents seem to like coach Yo a lot, the Ole miss coach (who seems to be recruiting pretty well).

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Myra Gordon’s top-6: Texas Tech, Michigan, Missouri, Alabama, San Diego State, and Rutgers.

Texas Tech must be the favorite. Playing with your sister has many benefits I would think.

Reaction Score
A lot of talent in Arkansas these next couple years. Hopefully we can land Eaton, I know our assistant Aaron has been her main recruiter and apparently Arkansas/NC State will be tough. Her parents seem to like coach Yo a lot, the Ole miss coach (who seems to be recruiting pretty well).
I see our talent pool in recruiting is growing. Just wish we could snatch more in-state players as well.

Reaction Score
I see our talent pool in recruiting is growing. Just wish we could snatch more in-state players as well.

LSU has actually gotten in many of these top girls final 5/10 over the years under Nikki. Its a matter of sealing the deal and bringing them in which is the main issue. They need to seal the deal on some of these in this class. You can't compete with the best if you have one good class then one or two bad ones in a row. Time will tell.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Alasia Hayes top five: Michigan, Middle Tennessee, North Carolina State, Notre Dame, and Rutgers.

Was pretty shocked/interested to see ND... @Orangutan @Dillon77

Well, we know that ND is trying to get a point in the 2020 class and with Nixon gone taking two even could make sense. Given that combo-guards like Gilbert and Peoples were recruited with the intent of playing them on the wings, I believe Sniezek is the only dedicated point guard on the roster.

I only knew about Clark and Kelly, but it makes sense that there is another name in the mix and I'm happy to hear it.

Not unusual for ND to be recruting someone and us to have no idea. Dillon and I do what we can but we're not on the level of this board's UConn recruiting thread in terms of intelligence gathering.

(Or maybe Hayes was on Dillon's radar and I wasn't paying attention!)

EDIT - Just realized that she's from *that* Hayes family. Now, I'm more surprised.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, we know that ND is trying to get a point in the 2020 class and with Nixon gone taking two even could make sense. Given that combo-guards like Gilbert and Peoples were recruited with the intent of playing them on the wings, I believe Sniezek is the only dedicated point guard on the roster.

I only knew about Clark and Kelly, but it makes sense that there is another name in the mix and I'm happy to hear it.

Not unusual for ND to be recruiting someone and us to have no idea. Dillon and I do what we can but we're not on the level of this board's UConn recruiting thread in terms of intelligence gathering.

(Or maybe Hayes was on Dillon's radar and I wasn't paying attention!)

EDIT - Just realized that she's from *that* Hayes family. Now, I'm more surprised.

Well, I did have a "Hayes" on my radar...but not that one or that family. Seem to recall Niele Ivey dropping by Tennessee awhile back to see Madison Hayes. But didn't see this one...

This may be a "later arrival" on the PG scene now that Jordan Nixon is at Texas A&M. In any case, here's an article on it.
Riverdale basketball's Alasia Hayes narrows college decision to 5

ND's point guard situation is, at best, a bit muddled with only one true point guard (Sniezek) on the roster and she's only there for a year. The competition for Clark is intense and those cards are being held very close to her vest. So, having options is probably prudent (break out the broccoli). However, ND and Olivia Miles apparently have mutual interest in 2021, so I wonder if ND would take more than one PG in 2020.
With the current "Should I Stay or Should I Go" vibe in ND, this makes for interesting times. :rolleyes:

p.s. Per Orangutan's point, there's not a lot of us recruiting followers on the ND/Bench front (and there's simply not that much dedicated media, either), but we (Orangutan, MPG, RISteve and others) try. Head bang

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anaya Boyd’s top-5: Arizona, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, North Carolina State, Southern Cal.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Anaya Boyd’s top-5: Arizona, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, North Carolina State, Southern Cal.

She's just about got the country covered coast to coast. Maybe lacks a northern school.

Reaction Score

This sucks, I wanted Boyd at SC. I’m Confused about the infatuation of Southern Cal. Seems a lot of young ladies are considering them. Living in LA is a big bonus along with a good education but basketball wise they are very average.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This sucks, I wanted Boyd at SC. I’m Confused about the infatuation of Southern Cal. Seems a lot of young ladies are considering them. Living in LA is a big bonus along with a good education but basketball wise they are very average.

You mean the real USC? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak